Vallerina

Am I a pushover?

Many consider me to be a strong, independent woman who stands up for what she believes in. Many people also consider me to be a bit too stubborn. Many others consider me to be a feminazi who is a manhater.

This has all be tested yesterday. I am always incredibly grossed out by women who do things that they don't really want to do for males. Yesterday, I did just that, and now I'm questioning myself.

I really wanted to leave my brother's house and go home. I tried. I told my nephew, "Bye bye," and he looked at me and whimpered, "No bye bye! V play trains!" He took my hand, made me sit down, and he made me play trains. I tried to leave a few more times, but the same thing kept happening. One time, I got really close to leaving...so close that I even went to go get my keys! He started crying, so of course I had to put my keys down and console him. My brother said that I was being bossed around by a 3 year old. Does this make me a wussy girl and a pushover? :D
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Many consider me to be a strong, independent woman who stands up for what she believes in. Many people also consider me to be a bit too stubborn.

"There are two types of people in this world; human beings and women. And when women start trying to act like human beings, they are accused of trying to be a man."
SIMONE DE BEAUVOIR 1908-1986

But then, there's really nothing wrong with a woman who can make a nice sammich for her man. ;)

Many consider me to be a strong, independent woman who stands up for what she believes in. Many people also consider me to be a bit too stubborn. Many others consider me to be a feminazi who is a manhater.

This has all be tested yesterday. I am always incredibly grossed out by women who do things that they don't really want to do for males. Yesterday, I did just that, and now I'm questioning myself.

I really wanted to leave my brother's house and go home. I tried. I told my nephew, "Bye bye," and he looked at me and whimpered, "No bye bye! V play trains!" He took my hand, made me sit down, and he made me play trains. I tried to leave a few more times, but the same thing kept happening. One time, I got really close to leaving...so close that I even went to go get my keys! He started crying, so of course I had to put my keys down and console him. My brother said that I was being bossed around by a 3 year old. Does this make me a wussy girl and a pushover? :D

I'm in complete agreement about doing things for the ...other gender that are not born of sincerity and willingness. Yet ...I find myself in the same boat. I spent Saturday with my buddy Bill and his 4 y/o daughter Sarah. Spent the day as a beast of burden and basked in her warm hearted smiles, hugs and laughter.

Came time to leave and I turned to say goodbye, when she hugged me and said "please don't go, I want you to stay". Little heart breaking tears threatening to roll out of her big blue eyes ...sigh.

What a wonderful day! I hadn't realized how much I needed this ...counterpoint to my experiences with children; children in an ER/Trauma setting. Children that have seen far too much and lived far too little. I can't even remotely remember the last time I spent time with a happy, loving, laughing child.

What a wonder they are, and how blessed I am to be able to enjoy this ...then give them back to the parents :).

Michael

it's cool val... if your nephew was a niece you would be okay with this right???? why is that because he's male does it have to be bad.... plus he's family.. that neghates anything else....... i will get scared though if i ever se you in the mall and you walk by a kid and go..."awwwww,, how cute a baby".. and proced to talk giberish as you walk by the baby................

Yes, Val... you are now a push over whimp.

Next thing you know, you'll wake up extra early & put on make-up so your man don't have to look @ u w/o it. You'll rush home to make him dinner. Jump up for joy when he brings home flowers & candy or even [gasp] expect him to open doors & pick up the check all the time.

Good by Gloria Stiman [sp?], hello holly Mrs. Homemaker - Martha Stewart w/ a husband & a job.:o:ph34r:

:P please don't hurt me B| I was only kiddin B|.

Because of the fact that you felt like staying & did so - that is ok.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Does this make me a wussy girl and a pushover? :D

Yes. B| But hey, kids are cute and it's hard to leave them, especially when they cry, so I don't blame ya. :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.