JohnRich

Boy Arrested for Wearing Ball Cap Sideways

In the news:

Student's refusal to adjust cap leads to arrest

A 17-year-old boy was in the school cafeteria, wearing a ball cap sideways. Security guards asked him to turn his hat around, because sideways caps are seen as a sign of disrespect for authority. The boy, who is black, refused, and pointed to several other white kids who were also wearing caps sideways, but which had not been targetted as he had.

The boy was suspended from school for three days for insubordination, arrested for trespassing, taken to jail, fingerprinted, photographed, and held for several hours for disorderly conduct, failure to obey a police officer, trespassing and interfering or disrupting an educational institution.

Full Story

That should teach the little bugger.

Well, sh*t, I didn't know that a side-ways cap was a sign of disrespect. It's pretty dumb, and I'm inclined to believe that the "rule" is selectively enforced.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

thats absafuckinglutely rediculous.
tresspassing???
wtf
how are they a sign for disrespect for authority??
i thought it was just so they could look like every other goon out there.
but thats his fucking right, if i wanna wear my underwear outside my pants i should be able to dammit

your soooo for your own rights, but sooo quick to stomp on somebody elses, fuck that

We got a DCV (Dress Code Violation) - get enough DCVs and you get to spend some time after school transcribing "The Gentleman"

Of course the principals office would rent ties for around $1.00 a day if you found yourself without one.

Speaking of "The Gentleman", anyone have a copy? Between grade school and high school I'll bet I copied that thing at least a hundred times.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

thats absafuckinglutely rediculous.
tresspassing???
wtf
how are they a sign for disrespect for authority??
i thought it was just so they could look like every other goon out there.
but thats his fucking right, if i wanna wear my underwear outside my pants i should be able to dammit

your soooo for your own rights, but sooo quick to stomp on somebody elses, fuck that

Whatever happened to good manners? I would have caught hell from my parents for wearing a hat indoors.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That's it, between crap like this and the schmuck we have in office, I"M MOVING TO EUROPE!!!!!

(It may not be better, but I can't read French, Italian, or German, so I wouldn't have any idea if it were happening. Ignorance is bliss. ;))

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I'll pitch in on you one-way ticket if you promise to stay over there.
Don't like it ...... By all means please leave:P.

Sounds like those goons in Hollywood, "If GW becomes President I'm leaving for Europe!". None of'em left...... Dang!

Now I agree that if this kid was singled out, then thats wrong. but if he was just really full of bad attitude then he might of had it coming, but in order to do it right the school officials should have came down on everyone wearing a sideways ballcap.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Now I agree that if this kid was singled out, then thats wrong. but if he was just really full of bad attitude then he might of had it coming, but in order to do it right the school officials should have came down on everyone wearing a sideways ballcap.

All I know is whether he had it coming or not, it sounds like they picked the wrong reason to mess with it.

Oh, and I was joking about the europe thing, I'll keep my rights as long as we're allowed to have them, thanks. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

wow what happened to REAL security nowdays... must be the guards rid that school of violence , drugs, and weapons.... they are now resorting to this?
holy fuc*ing sh*t.... i went to a hick school where my graduating class was 12. i could only imagine how punked out that school is from when i was there 10 years ago:D

Haaaa!!!! That sucks....

I really thought we had worse problems in our schools. I emailed the reporter for contact information. I _MUST_ have a "Free Marlon" shirt.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

The boy, who is black, refused, and pointed to several other white kids who were also wearing caps sideways, but which had not been targetted as he had.

Just anothr example of the institutional racisim that still runs rampant in American authority today.

Thats good old fasioned "American" justice "shoulda never gave them darkies the vote in the first place"

On my way to coaches course a while back I got pulled over I was searched because "I wanna make sure you don't have a handgranade" my car was searched without my permission. I was made to sit in the rain in front of his car. I was then given a ticket for no insurance.

I got lots of stories like that. It's how your treated in this country if your a black male

Trespassing?

According to the story, the princiapl, said "Now you're suspended (monentary pause) and NOW you're trasspassing, take him away".

That in itself seems a bit unfair. Can he suspend the student on the spot, without notifying his parents? How can he be arrested for trespassing, when he wasn't given an oppertunity to leave a building he was authorized to be in in the first place? How can a group of twisted dumb motherfuckers end up in charge of educating America's youth? Will Timmy be resuced from the well in time? Tune in next week for more......

I'd sue the fuck out of them all. Have those assholes forgotten this is America ? I mean WTF, WTF'ing F !?!

The kid will clean up too, especially if he can prove they were letting white kids do the same thing. That's blatant discrimination and about what you'd expect from a dumb $5 an hr school cop.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

>I'd sue the fuck out of them all.

A man of the new millenium. Used to be that teachers enforced dress codes, behavior, and acceptable speech. And they were hardasses about it. Nowadays a teacher gets sued if they tell someone they can't wear a hat in school. Progress, I suppose. At least the lawyers get rich.

Never would this happen in Europe

well... hem hem... they have this new law (maybe not in application yet... but soon...) in France... NO "Ostentatoire" (don't know how to translate it, but it's like visibel, recognisible) RELIGIOUS SIGN IN SCHOOL... to me the 1st target were muslim girls with their veil/chaddor or whatever you might call it... Then they found out that jews could not wear a kippa anymore... then no beard (mainly for muslim boys), but what if a christian boy wanted to wear a beard ?? no cross bigger that this or that size etc etc etc...
And now what about let's say... a young guy with a Tshirt with a huge cross on it ??? or a david's star ?? or a pentacle ???
they are in deep sh*t with these ideas... all that to protect the laicism of the french school.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM