flygirl03

SANGIRO

Right on.

HH, it was a brilliant idea to separate the "talk back" side of things with politics. I'm sure it'll make things a lot easier for everyone.

And for what it's worth, even though I wasn't around that day talkback was closed, I fully support the mods here. The persons involved were just doing their jobs, and should be treated with respect. It may just be an online forum, but that doesn't give anybody the right to personal attacks, especially aimed towards people who have been hand selected to keep the peace by a person who is giving you this haven out of the pure kindness of his heart and the love he has for our sport. Show some respect.

Keep up the good work, greenies.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Sorry; post-whore titles are gone. One of several changes made lately.

will there be some thing to replace them? What I'm getting at is, what are the plans for a user credibility rating system like has been talked about.

I do have to say that I will miss the titles. Even though they seemed trivial, it did help to weed out the newbies ( in my mind at least). That and I'll miss the honorary titles for Clay n Dave
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Sorry; post-whore titles are gone. One of several changes made lately.

will there be some thing to replace them? What I'm getting at is, what are the plans for a user credibility rating system like has been talked about.

I do have to say that I will miss the titles. Even though they seemed trivial, it did help to weed out the newbies ( in my mind at least). That and I'll miss the honorary titles for Clay n Dave

What does the number of posts somebody has made to DZ.com have to do with their credibility in talking about skydiving or anything else?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

You can still see if somebody is a newbie, as their post number still show in their profile, it just doesnt constitute any different type of title!:)
Beth x
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

What does the number of posts somebody has made to DZ.com have to do with their credibility in talking about skydiving or anything else?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply there was a rock solid connection between credibility and post #'s cause there isn't. You can sorta get an idea about how long someone's been here and subsequently their knowledge of the sport, but it's still up to me to investigate further if someone is talkin outta their ass or not.

It's a barometer so to speak.

can I say for sure that it's going to rain just cause the pressure is lower than 30? no, not for sure, but a good chance... To be sure, I'd have to stick my head outside and see if it gets wet (reminds me of the boy scout barometer)

Also, I don't always have a lot of time to read everything (unlike the past). I hate to admit it, but I do tend to skip over a lot of newbie threads, mostly cause it's stuff that's been talked about before (again and again), especially in TB.

At other times, it is a way to see who is a new jumper in my area. I'll read a thread and notice a new person and see that their a "newbie" and is jumping at my dz and make a note to try n say hello if I see them in real life.

Lastly, and off topic, I miss the titles from a historical perspective. It was a fun to see what some of the old PW's new titles would be. Heck, there's even threads about it.

I brought up the user credibility thing cause I've read that it was being considered in some form as a replacement.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Lastly, and off topic, I miss the titles from a historical perspective. It was a fun to see what some of the old PW's new titles would be. Heck, there's even threads about it.

Same here. I remember when HH actually congratulated Pammi on becoming an Old Hand cause it was so uncommon at that time. And skreamer's classic PWing to achieve a new status. Me and Sebazz actually reached Carpal Tunnel at the same time...back when Carpal Tunnel actually meant something. I realize the good ole days will never be back. Let's just hope we can have fun in the future here too.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Thanks for the changes Sangiro. I think it makes for a nicer format, and will prevent some of the obvious problems the moderators were given through misuse of the English language....vague titles, and meaningless topics.

Much obliged for all your hard work.

Bill Cole D-41:)

I agree. Let me put in my cheers. Nice job HH.

I agree also. Many props...in fact, I think this could be a good time for a toast ;):

Him, him...

B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!