cvfd1399

What kind of beat do you have in your car.

Aight I have 2 12" Rockford subs in a ported Q-Logic box. Each running mono bridged off it's own Rockford fosgate 500S amp, with 2 gauge power wire feeding them. Total power 1500 watts rms 2500 watts peak. When it hits full power it draws 172 amps. Head unit is the Sony (model#?) it is the one without any buttons, only a screen and a remote. I have stock components B/C they sound so good I never felt the need to replace them. I the box is out of spec(not enough volume, ports too short), So I have only hit 122Db. I am waiting to get a custom box built to fit 4 12"s. All fits in the back seat of a 1500 dodge ex. cab 4X4 .
How about ya?!B|

Well now we know why you haven't finished student status yet. :D:D:D I kid! I kid!!

Sell that stuff, do you have any idea how many jumps that would be worth????? B|B|B|

(I used to have a bomber system too before I started jumping....hint hint....);)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Lmao yea I got all this stuff right before I started jumping. I thought about selling it, but everyone wants to screw you so bad. It cost me over 1300$ but everyone on e-bay and pawn shops want to bend you over and give you 1/4 what it's worth. I am not going to take a hit like that. If the right person came along SOLD! Everything of mine is for sale for the right price.;)

Sweet! I watched a video of a car just like that where the guy placed a bunch of pennies on the roof of his car and turned on his system and they went flying all over the place. I would like to have 2 more and make it a nice even 4 in the back seat. Jumping is more important right now. I know a guy that has 4 nickel plated 12's in the back of his s-10 extreme. He blew out his back window. He only does competiton, but he let me sit in it one time, and I had to get the hell outta there I started coughing b/c it vibrated my guts!

is this just for a demo or is it a everyday car ??? Just can't see the utility... Not blaming... Some people don't see the utility in jumping from almost perfectly good planes.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I thought about 15's but they are so power hungry, and since they are so large I wondered about the recovery time on low notes like 20-60hz. Figured it would just turn into a big fan unless the surround was really stiff. There is a site where a guy took 2 or 4 6x9's and made what he called a snail box, and it out beat 12's! There also is a site where a guy built a 4or 5 foot sub woofer using like a 150 pound magnet, and power line wire. It was mounted in the back of an old bread truck. The guy was a old and was just proving the point that it could be done. it took like some 15000 Watts to move the thing and burnt it up the first time he used it.

half and half. sometimes he uses it regularly, some times he uses his other car.

He's built for SPL and SQ, and imo it sounds very good. The quality of sound is excellent :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I've got the stock system/CD player in my truck. It does what I need it to do and it doesn't attract thieves. I do have a CB mounted in my truck, does that count for anything?:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

man my factory 4x6 can put out some major bump!!

..... ok so it sucks, but i have no money cause i skydive... so .... oh well.....
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

OK everyboy, working the board for more information. I'm a weenie who knows enough about car stereos to know to have somebody else put it in for me! I'm running a Pioneer deck, with a 10" sub pushed by a 2x150 amp. I know I know, strictly bubble gum league, but here's the question:

1.) I need to boost my mains. Can I use the extra channel (150 watts) and split it up to boost them? I'm sure it'd take another black box of some kind. Or do I need to buy and install another, separate four way amp?

2.) Assuming I can't use the extra channel to power the mains, I know I could put another 10" on that open channel. OR, could I take the two channels, and run them together (would it be in series or parallel?) to provide (basically) double the wattage to push something larger than a 10"?

Thanks for the help

Elvisio "stereophonically inept" Rodriguez

Ok here I go. You can take the left over channel and split the power to say 2 6x9's. The only thing is that you will be hearing a mono channel. That is if the song has 2 guitars playing left and right you will only hear one. That kind of sucks now a days with cd's that put each instrument on different speakers most of the time. You need to know what ohms your mains are and what ohm load your amp can handle as to not under load your amplifier. Say your mains are 4 ohms and your amp can handle a 2 ohm load, you would be fine b/c your resulting load is +-2 ohms. If your mains are 4 ohm load and your amp can only handle 4 ohms per channel, you will heat it up b/c your ending up load is +2- ohms hopefully a protection circuit will cut it off when it gets too hot. A low number seems good, but in this case that is bad b/c every time the ohm is lowered by half the amount of power the amp produces doubles, and it may not have been designed to put out that much. Like stated above what ever channel it is plugged into you will only get that side of the song. What you can do in this situation is get splitters for both rca cables and run the stereo signal through both imputs through the amp. giving each channel the "stereo" signal. As long as one channel is going to the sub and the others to smaller speakers you are ok. If you were to do this with 2 subs, you might get problems with certain songs and bass notes. Some bass cd's have each subwoofer playing a different frequency note, and certain notes played together by different speakers produce a a doubling or canceling effect making that note of the song louder or softer. In the same respect if both speaker played that same note it would not be as loud. Also if a track is to be played mono and you have it set up as stereo certian notes cancell each other out. It does not completly cancel, but it cuts the loudness by alot. If you were to unplug one speaker the note would be noticeably louder due to it's "opposite" not being played.

Ok for question 2 same thing as above, you can "bridge" certain amps to run 1 subwoofer. That consists of taking a -or+ from one channel and a -or+ from the other channel and just hooking them up to their respective terminals on the sub. That is if the amplifier is bridgeable, and the sub can handle the extra power. It usually doubles your power when you bridge it. If you give me the specs on your amp, sub, and main components I can tell you the best way to go about it. If you had all the money in the world the best thing to do is get another sub for your empty amp channel. See what your stock speakers can handle in power and buy a amp with the number of channels for speakers you have that fits their power handling capabilities. Ie if you have (4) 4 ohm 5.25 speakers that handle 50 watts rms and 100 watts peak. I would recommend a 4 channel amp that is capable of 50 watts rms and 100 watts peak at 4 ohm each channel. If they were stock speakers that handle something like 25 rms 50 peak your stock head unit is banging them up already and you need to replace them with upgrades that can handle more power via a amp. I know you are new to this so I put it all out there let me know if you need more clarification on anything. wheww lol

well my car stereo is pretty lame, suits the car...

I have my iPod connected to a Pioneer head unit (DEH-P7550MP), with a couple of crappy 5.25" Boss rear speakers, and a couple of 3" pioneer front speakers

the bass sux, but it works for me.

I just completely redid mine from the ground up, with sound quality (SQ) being the desired result. I belive I have achived just that.:)
Right now I'm running an Alpine CDA-9815 for the head. I like the iPersonalize functions and the built-in crossover and 5-band parametric can't be beat.

I also have the Alpine add-on TUA-T020XM tuner. This is my favorite toy. Satellite radio is the best thing since the elliptical canopy.:D

Additional sounds are provided by my 2nd gen Apple iPod 20GB running though the Aux-In on my deck.

Front speakers are MB Quart QSD-216's being fed just over 150 watts each. They will get amazingly loud and yet stay wonderfully full-bodied and detailed. Contrary to popular belief, the tweeters aren't harsh, but they are bright. I have the tweets gained back about 6db and mounted off-axis and the reponse is smooth with a nice roll-off around 14K Hz.

Rear fill are a pair of mid-line Polk 5x7's powered off of the deck, but I only turn them on if someone is in the back seat.

My subs are two Elemental Design e10k.14's. I Have them installed in a vented enclosure I built, tuned to 28Hz. They're an impressive mix of sound quality and SPL. I had them metered a couple of days ago on the older Termlab mic at 136db at the dash. However, the box takes up a lot of space in my trunk so I may throw them in a sealed enclosure. I'm feeding the pair about 550W total and they're perfect with that amount. And, yes, I can break a stack of pennies on roof of my car with them.B| Whether it's the double-bass in a good metal track, or the resounding bottom end on a rap track, these speakers reproduce both with amazing accuracy, especially so for a vented enclosure. I have the enclosure tuned low just so that I retain more SQ than just boomy SPL. When I upgrade my amp, I may replace the two 10's with either their 12A.2 driver in a 30Hz enclosure, or their 15A.2 in a 33-35Hz or sealed enclosure. Their drivers are amazing and take up so little airspace it's almost magical.

My amp is a Kicker KX700.5. It's a 5-channel that I have running in 3-channel mode. It's birth-certificated at 878W at full-tilt, 2ohm load. I want to eventually replace it with a Memphis Belle rated at 75x4 + 1000W @ 1ohm.

I run 4ga power & ground right now, but will be going to 2ga when I do the amp upgrade. The Quarts are running on 14ga, and the subs are on 12ga wire. Signal wires are Rockford Fosgate twisted-pair.

I put over 30K miles a year on my car and I really like to have a great stereo to help pass the miles with. My car is a 2003 Ford ZX2.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Oh, and one important note...the complete install was done by me, and me alone. B|

Next upgrade on the list is a complete sound-deadening of the car using eDead 1.0 dampening sheets, and eDead 3.0 liquid sound dampener.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™