pilotdave

sunset pic

Yep... Grumman Tiger. Awesome plane.

I flew a Tiger a few times, a Yankee and a Cheetah once...all three seemed like nice, sporty airplanes for the size...and fairly quick, too. Fun to fly.

I think those are IVs. Here's a closeup.

I still can't be 100% sure, but I am 99.9% sure they are GIII's....the telltale difference is the engines. The GIII has turbojet engines(the longer, skinny engines) and the GIV has turbofan(shorter, but fatter) engines. See the two attachments below and notice the difference in the engines.

The fuselage on the two types is the same. The way to tell the difference between a GIV and a GV is the distance between the last window and the engines. Notice it's not very far on the GIV, but on the GV there is another several feet of fuselage between the last windows and the engines. The GII looks like a GIII, except the cockpit side windows are split into two windows(for a total of 6 pieces of glass on the cockpit - 1 windshield and 2 side windows on each side) instead of the one piece side windows(for a total of 4 pieces of glass on the cockpit).

Mike

everyone has posted some spectacular shots!
here at siesta beach (sarasota florida) the evening sun setting into the gulf of mexico to the west is the event of the day....even when there arent alot of clouds and colors, the tourists still snap a lot of photos...

but this one is from the sunset over zhills airport at the end of the scrambles meet past summer...

ohhhhh a sunset picture post!!!! my fav!!!:)B|

Damn, dude.....I sure hope you plan on becoming a professional photographer..you've definitely got a good eye for it! Awesome pics!

Mike

well i'm going to college to get a Photography degree so maybe. lol
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Not quite the caliber of some of the other pictures that have been posted here, but thought I would bump the thread back up with a shot I got this last weekend, after the last of the jumpers landed.

:)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Whenever I see a beautiful sunset or awesome cumulus clouds it makes me think, "God, we are so lucky." We being skydivers. How can the rest of the world exist without ever knowing what it's like to be up there?

Amazing. We really are the lucky few.

So true! I think about this all the time. We're very lucky to get to experience what we do... and again and again. I am so glad to be a part of this sport!

Awesome pictures guys!
Angela.