kansasskydiver

Last day at work, now what do I do?

I officially have less than 6 hours of employment left before I lose my job. So now what? I could potentially not have to work again for 6 months, what should I do?

I'm looking for some new hobbies to take up in during the week. I'm going to start picking up some bookes and reading, I have 2 in line already

Enders Game
Capitaes da areia (personal favorite I haven't read in over 10 years)

What else should I do with my time? I'm going to get my M license again and start riding once more, I've been working out which sucks cause my wingloading is going down, working on the house, getting back in touch with family and friends I haven't talked to in a long time.

What else? I don't handle boredom very well so I need stuff to keep me busy
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Both are great books! have you read 'Quincas Berro D'agua' also by jorge amado? In English its titled something like 'The Death and Death of Quincas Wateryell', but lets face it, much better to read in its original Bahia style Portugues.;)
It is a very short novel, and is HILARIOUS!!!

I just finished reading the second volume of the new series by Neil Stephenson. His SNOW CRASH was a cyberpunk classic. This one focuses on the time of 1650-1710...when the world was changing rapidly, trying to become modern and scientific, religious and border wars everywhere, pirates and technological advances walked hand in hand....each volume is around 800 pages, but a very fast read...swashbuckling and swordfights mixed with discussions on that period's philosophy, politics, and economics, not as dry as it sounds! The second volume follows a group of pirate/capitalists from Spain to Cairo to India to Manila to Mexico as they travel around the globe making deals....

But hey, get out of the house and enjoy your summer! Have you thought about MIS grad school anymore??
Seu amigo de Florida,
Marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

I officially have less than 6 hours of employment left before I lose my job. So now what?...what should I do?

-Take a dump on the desk of the guy who fired you
-Glue the bathroom door shut
-get a sack full of mice, and let them loose in the building
-put maple syrup on all the phone handles in the office

etc....

I officially have less than 6 hours of employment left before I lose my job. So now what?...what should I do?

-Take a dump on the desk of the guy who fired you
-Glue the bathroom door shut
-get a sack full of mice, and let them loose in the building
-put maple syrup on all the phone handles in the office

etc....

hehehe they're monitorring us pretty heavy today to make sure we don't say anything bad to the customers. Although I'm not happy to be losing my job, something about unemployment for 6 months from the company that is sending my jobs to India just sounds nice. So I'm going to leave in good standings :P

Play the infamous 'Take This Job and Shove it' as you're leaving...go the way of the movie 'Friday' and jump on top of a desk, pointing at your ex-co-workers saying, "F*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you, you're cool...f*ck you, f*ck you..."
Have someone drive you home so you can BA your previous boss as you leave...TP the building...um, anything specific?? :D:D:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

But hey, get out of the house and enjoy your summer! Have you thought about MIS grad school anymore??
Seu amigo de Florida,
Marc

The only book I've read my Amado was Capitaes da areia. Great booke, only time I ever got a 100% on a test while I lived in Brazil. Probably one of the hardest reads I ever had to do because of the age of the literature and Bahia Portuguese, but I still loved the book and remember a lot about it.

I'll have to look into his other books and also those that you recommended. I honestly haven't read for fun in years, if ever[:/] so this will be a good experience for me.

As for the MIS, my plan is to transfer to USF this Fall or come down this summer to Tampa and get established then start in Jan. I haven't graduated yet so I'll need to do that first, but I don't want to just do marketing and econ anymore, prefer to do MIS instead.

I also heard that I.Robot was a good book and all the books writen by that author were oustanding. Anyone read or heard of them?

Have someone drive you home so you can BA your previous boss as you leave...TP the building...um, anything specific?? :D:D:D

BA, what is BA?

Oh and - as far as what to do -

Just do what feels good - the rest - well, it's up to the whims and circumstance.
Chill man - you are a driven person - you will be busier than you think.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hi Kansas

Your at another crossroad in life. As long as you don't have to eat catf food:( You can stay as busy as you want to and exlore new skills, places etc that you thought you never had the time to do.

There's a big world out there enjoy the time off you got. Who knows in hindsight maybe the people at work did you a favorB|

R.I.P.

BA, what is BA?

Oh Good Lord Turtle weren't you ever in highschool?? That would be dropping trou and hanging the naked hine-y out the window whilest driving in front of said establishment. BA = Bare Ass.

-Wouldn't have the same effect if you did it though, Turtle...your shell would get in the way. :P

BTW, did you ever do that tandem with your 12 inch turtle?? And where's the photo evidence?!?!? Amazon just did a tandem with Super Barbie on my PMS initiation jump. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I Robot is a classic, all Asimov books are fun!
Check out Snow Crash if you haven't read it!

If you head down to Tampa, you can borrow another Amado book or any other of my library of Brasilian books....sit around my pool or nearby Siesta Beach for a few days and relax, man!
Then maybe we will finally skydive together, at zhills or nearby....

best of luck, tudo de bom, fique em contato, VIU!!!B|

Put all your important stuff into a SMALL storage unit sell off the unimportant stuff and furniture that can be replaced later.... get rid of the housing bill.. get on the M and travel a bit...its summer and there are boogies to go to. You are young.. enjoy that freedom while you can.

I also heard that I.Robot was a good book and all the books writen by that author were oustanding. Anyone read or heard of them?

If you like the Robot series, try The Foundation series.

Send an email to your direct report. State that you enjoyed your time with the company and it was a great experience. Mention that you would be happy to continue that business relationship. However, you will be consulting at (name rate) and any questions would have to be regarded as billable with a 3-hour minimum. Ask if they are interested in a short-term consulting relationship, say 4 months. Print a copy of the email and forward a copy home.

Don't let them slide past with the "this is your old buddy Bob, do you remember...?" trick. Answer "I would love to help, but I am working as a consultant now and can't answer non-billable questions."

Billing them will affect your unemployment status, but they won't call you if it is billable anyway. Freebies are a sign that they disrespect you. They don't value your time and are ripping you off. The idea is "We let this guy go and we still get him to do work for us for free."

Answer: WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT TO DO!

trust me: being unemployed ROCKS!

I fully realize that my cash flow is way negative and the day will probably come that I eat my words, but for the moment the above statement is IT!

Elvisio "it is only once we have lost everything that we are free to do anything" Rodriguez

You should take up gardening - I'll buy you a cute little summer bonnet for when you are out working on those hot days......... :P:P:P:P:P

Seriously Though - PM me if you are interested, there is about a 75% chance I can get you a job in the evenings driving for my Company....
=========Shaun ==========

heheh, well you can always get a new job?[;) At least that way you'll have some extra cash to just play around with? hell extra money is always nice to have around. Well any money would be nice for me hell im fucking in debt.
Just because I appear sweet doesn't mean I can't kick your ass!

No no no I didn't do the fuck you fuck you fuck you, you're cool thing, or shit on my desk, or do anything bad to my boss because we all lost our jobs. It wasn't anyone's decission there to close us down, so we're all in the same boat. I think I'm going to cutaway and start a new life or something. Maybe this is a blessing to finally do the things I've always wanted to do just never did. Find out who I really am (yeah right I'm only 22) but hey I can try.

Welcome to Chris'ville. Kick off your shoes, relax, pick up a book and just CHILL