DiverDiver

Things to do around Ft. Bragg

"Ricks" never heard of it, now as far as clubs go......there is ITZ and Southbeach are pretty good, of course your varity of strip clubs. Most any club around here are "members and their guests" type places....kinda sucks.

You have the 82nd and SF operations museam in downtown fayettevliie, very cool to see. Then you have beaches close by, Wilmington, Myrtle.

DZ's, you have of course Raeford, The Skydiving Place real close to fayetteville, Skydive Coastal Carolinas about an hour away....by wilmington beach.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I haven't been to that area in almost 30 years. I'd love to go back and do some jumping and just revisit some of my old haunts for old time sake. Fayateville used to be kind of a rough place back in the 70's. I had two of my pals beat up there, and another was knifed. Maybe it's different place now. I heard Myrtle Beach is nice. I didn't get too far from Ft. Bragg, when I was there. And don't forget to take your rig....Steve1

I cant beleive Rick's is closed.

Technically, it's not. It was moved to Bragg Blvd when the city rezoned the downtown(Hays street) area. All of the dens of deceit where moved out of the block to make way for city Hall. Ricks is now called Mickeys and it is co located with like establishments in a little horse shoe shaped plaza with a mexican grocery store and a Plasma center.

Definitely check out the 82nd and SF museum if you have the chance.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Kitty's Place is a great spot for pool and swilling beers. It's off Bragg RD IIRC. Legends can be pretty crazy on the weekends. Bragg Blvd. If you're done with the biker bars and just want to go trailer park there is always Pirates. Just outside the back gate of Pope, AFB. They have hot bartenders and wet t-shirt contests. :D

Biker bars abound in Fayettenam and there are also several places for pretentious yuppies (ITZ, Broadstreet). The problem with North Carolina, though, is that unless the establishment does half their business as food sales, then they must be a private club with a three day minimum in order to get your card. Without a card, one must either have a friend sign them in or beg a stranger. I am sure there are people on here who have memberships to anyplace you might want to visit.

Chuck

"Ricks" never heard of it,

You guys dont' know what you are missing. Ricks was the bomb! I left that place with an empty wallet many a nights. When they where 1st talking of closing it down, I remeber petition that was started by the 82nd society. They gathered tons of signatures to no avail. It was a tradition in division to take the newbies their. Shitty little place but lost of fun when it was rockin!

LONG LIVE RICK'S LOUNGE!
Dom

"Ricks" never heard of it,

:o:o:o:o:o
How long have you been at Bragg?

Rick's was the place to be a few years ago. Closed down when the city started revamping downtown. No idea if it's still alive or not.

As for cloud nine - isn't that the little bar on the corner just off the rr tracks near the old channel 40 building? If so - don't go there...:D:D:D:D:D

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

As for cloud nine - isn't that the little bar on the corner just off the rr tracks near the old channel 40 building?

yep thats the place....little corner store strip bar....and i have been here 6 years now.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

As for cloud nine - isn't that the little bar on the corner just off the rr tracks near the old channel 40 building?

Oh dammitt.....now that you describe it I have been there. My buddy got hooked up with some chick that works there. :S Anyway......not near as bad as the "Bottoms Up." :D:D:D In all seriousness....really....DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!! :D Even the trailer park people say that place is bad.