Bartje

When did you have luck in a crash landing. between:

After reading the statistics in "Landing/hook turn fatalities " I was wondering or you guys have been lucky once.
I was once when I had about 800 jumps and start flying a X-Braced canopy. I did make a crash landing which I normally had to break my neck.
Can you remember how many jumps you had when you were lucky once?

A FreeFly Gypsy

Mid 400s, thought I was hot, I was not. I should have died.

Fish, I've been lucky more than once!
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I'd vote 0-250 but I think I'd be squewing your research here.

Do you mean lucky like "Lucky to be here" ???

Cause I had a pole run out in front of me once upon landing (snicker). When it was all said and done, I was a little dirty but alright. I thought to myself: "Lucky thing nobody saw that!" lol.

(but someone did ;))

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Jump #4 didnt initiate EPs like I should have, and as the log book says (from my instructors) "Took cross wind landing @ high speed just missing obstacles" ... Somehow I walked away with nothing but a scratch and a bruse.. Just a bit shook up for a good hour..

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Got lucky when my canopy collapsed in turbulance at 30 feet. Got a nice femur rod to show for it but that is better then the alternative. I don't think this really has any connection to my jump numbers though, as everyone who witnessed it said i did everything i could have. But maybe it does.

B Moore

'Turbulence is a bitch'

I had about 20 jumps and was doing my 2nd jump at Spaceland. Was 4th or 5th out doing a solo. I think the rental canopy was a 190 which put my wingloading at less than 1:1.

With the South wind I was not making much headway back to the dz, but (mistake 1) was saying "I think I can make it" to myself. I did not (mistake 2) select an alternative landing site. As I got to about 100 ft, I (mistake 3) saw the fence hidden between the trees and knew I wouldn't make it. I (mistake 4) did a hard 90 turn to the left and tried to land on a canal bank that is 4-5 feet above the landing area. I (mistake 5) struck the ground with my chest about the same time as the canopy, went airborne for 10-15 feet, flipped through the lines and landed head down, on my back in the canal. As I was being dragged backwards into the water, I grabbed (mistake 6) some vines and managed to hold on, thinking cutaway the whole time) until hooknswoop popped up over the embankment and asked if I was ok and got me out of the harness.

Most of the mistakes are obvious except #6...the vines were poison ivy and I got it all over my neck and arms.

I was very, very lucky.

Blue skies,

Jim

I did a downwinder in 15 knot winds onto hard clay paddock.
Approx 50 something jumps - 2nd conversion onto a Safire 149 and I'm about 60kg plus gear. Training kicked in did PLR and shakily walked away with bumps and bruises.

Funnily enough I am now out of the skydiving for 6 months with an ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair - from the dangerous sport of soccer! LOL

215 jumps, 1 year ago from the 21st. I didn't mean to hook it, but something happened at 40 feet, where i buried my right toggle, and femured into the ground, and tore my aorta as well. I got real lucky. I still wish i knew why i did what i did.

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

215 jumps, 1 year ago from the 21st. I didn't mean to hook it, but something happened at 40 feet, where i buried my right toggle, and femured into the ground, and tore my aorta as well. I got real lucky. I still wish i knew why i did what i did.

CReW Skies,

Wow.
Tore your Aorta [:/]
you were very lucky by the sounds of it dude :)

CReW Skies,

Wow.
Tore your Aorta [:/]
you were very lucky by the sounds of it dude :)

she was very lucky...

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.