councilman24

Riggers and round canopies.

I pack about 200 square reserves per year, but only a handful of rounds (less than 40 per year) into pilot emergency parachutes.
Since my DZO banned round reserves - a few years ago - I rarely see round reserves.
If it weren't for PEPs, the DZO would have removed the long table years ago.
I warned him that the day I lose access to the long table is the last day I pack round canopies, because I am too old and too grouchy to pack rounds on the floor.

- I pack an occasional round for a pilot's emergency rig

Me too. I picked answer #2.

2 Pilot rigs at my DZ. Both rounds.

I mentioned this in another thread recently - One of the riggers in this area (Northeast Wisconsin, near Green Bay and Oshkosh) does more pilot bailout rounds than sport squares.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I was trained on rounds, and have the tools to do them - but I've never been asked to do one. Being trained on them was a waste of time.

I would prefer pilot rigs be be a different type rating than sport rigs.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Remember that FAA Tyoe Standard Orders and rigger training standards were originally written for pilot emergency parachutes.
Skydivers just clutter up the FAA's rule books.

We might be wiser to follow the European example of keeping PEPs under TSOs, etc. and government ignoring skydiving equipment.

CSPA insists that riggers be signed off on all other types (round, square, 1-pin sport, etc.) before being tested on packing PEPs.