HeatherB

Hurricane Charley

hey heather...you guys bunker down on the west side. if charley keeps its projected path, you guys will get hammered and we'll get the left overs in deland.

make sure chris and gang at the dz have somewhere to go during the storm....and somewhere to drink hurricanes while you all watch the big blow job. :) a giant bunker party would be in order. :)
on second thought, there's NO reason why you guys shouldn't have a hurricane party of EPIC proportions!!! call up oren and laura and have a huge party with webcams and stuff. :) they make the best food anyway, so it'd be perfect (yeah, la, i just invited everyone to your house :P ).

get the canoes ready at the dz like they did a few years back.

tk: keep my favorite birds safe and sound. :P

mark and alysse: good call on the cancellation. ;)
stay safe guys, but have fun!!

arlo

There's not even an eye!

Now - Andrew - Andrew was a Storm.

What news are you watching? It's definitely a hurricane. The noon news is now saying it will be Category 3 and that Orlando is going to be on the east side of it. They said that the bad side because it brings on more flooding and tornadoes.

Andrew...yes, Andrew was bad. We got hit from that one while living in LA. B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We're on load 12 in Deland and it is beautiful blue skies

That would be known as the calm before the storm. ;)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

wow, this post even woke up the sleeping jraf!:P

they are evacuating the barrier islands now. the bridges will be closed off at midnite tonite.

They announced that when the winds get above 45mph, even the emergency vehicles will stay off the roads, because of flooding, trees and power lines blocking roads. And this one is already at category 2, and getting stronger!

no batteries to be found anywhere. home depot and hardware stores doing great business today!

I stocked up on candles, canned foods, dried fruit, beef jerky, peanut butter and jelly,and lots of goodies like chips, chocolates, junky magazines to read....

last storm anywhere near this size was 100 miles off the coast, and it still had winds strong enuf to blow the solar panels off my roof!! wow, time to pray to the storm gods!

stay dry everyone!
marc

ps alysse is bummed that she won't be in the tunnel tomorrow. but with storm winds that may equal the tunnel's, maybe she can still practice while hanging onto the flagpole!:S

I'm suppose to be flying into Orlando on Friday night to see my girl. I hope I dont have to delay my trip until next week!

I would be really surprised if they didn't reschedule your flight. The storm is supposed to be in our area from 2 pm Fri to around 2am Saturday. Better stay on top of the info so you don't waste a trip to the airport.

Don't invite people to our house, that would be a really bad idea. We are probably the most unprepared people in town. We just decided about an hour ago that we should probably start to take this a little bit seriously, so we just went and bought some basics. Like Marc said, there are no batteries to be found anywhere.

Oh well, we will see what happens.

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana