HeatherB

Hurricane Charley

Heh, I live in Clearwater. The path is set right for us. Bring it on!

Hurricane parties rock.

Only bad part is Dagny is driving up here at 1am in the morning. Still deciding which way to bring her. Will decide around midnight tonight. Have to see how close it is to Naples/Ft Myers at that time.

Forty-two

Heh, I live in Clearwater. The path is set right for us. Bring it on!

Hurricane parties rock.

Only bad part is Dagny is driving up here at 1am in the morning. Still deciding which way to bring her. Will decide around midnight tonight. Have to see how close it is to Naples/Ft Myers at that time.

How do you guys get ready for one? What the worst one you've been throught? Either way good luck.

What the worst one you've been throught?

In 95 I was stationed in Pensacola as a SAR Swimmer attatched to the HH/60s when Opal hit. She was a C4. A civilian boater and his family didn't get back in time and the boat began to take on water. That was hands down the most physically exhausting and scariest moment of my life.

Forty-two

Hi H.B.,
Charlie don't surf, Charlie don't skydive, but he's sure gonna huff and puff and try to blow your door down!!!! So, we got this Bonnie and Charlie?? Sure hope they don't become a Bonnie and Clyde for Florida and the East Coast!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Can one of you guys in Deland make sure that team Stratofear is secured safely on the ground. I never know what rocky is going to do next. Us crazy Canucks are known for crazy shit. And Rocky is usually
the mastermind.B|

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

We are already seeing some storm damage from TD Bonnie here in the Sandhills of NC. One tornado in Harnett County to the Northeast of me, and another in Maxton, South of Raeford. Small so far, with no injuries, but a fair amount of damage to a couple of homes, outbuildings, and a church.

I am a bit concerned about the lot diagonally across the street from us, where they are in the middle of building a house. They just delivered a whole bunch of brick, cinder blocks, plywood, and lumber. Most of it is strapped together, but the plywood is just in a pile. I may take my son over Saturday and secure it inside the recently completed foundation.

Looks like Bonnie is no longer a threat except for rain, but Sunday may be interesting:

Hurricane Charley's Projected Path
Arrive Safely

John

Can one of you guys in Deland make sure that team Stratofear is secured safely on the ground. I never know what rocky is going to do next. Us crazy Canucks are known for crazy shit. And Rocky is usually
the mastermind.B|

Willy

Stratosfear has KICKED SOME MAJOR ASS!!!! 54 jumps in 4 days! Today we got in 16 loads (13 from the RocketVanB|)..and it's STILL beautiful outside:S;)...but beer is aflowin'...we're done for the day. Tomorrow night is our "hurricane" party at the Perfect Spot. Yummy!

BTW...Stratosfear is safe..we'll make sure of it;)

How do you guys get ready for one? What the worst one you've been throught? Either way good luck.

The biggest thing to prepare for is to get all the things you need if you don't have electricity, clean water or a secure place to live. Riding out the hurricane isn't bad, it's the aftermath of living in the destruction that is the hard part.

During Andrew, we lived in a townhouse in Lafayette, LA. A townhouse isn't really the place you want to be in a Category 4 hurricane! I can remember bringing our mattress to the kitchen because it didn't have any windows and sleeping down there with a small baby and toddler and my ex. The noise from the winds scared the kids to death and they spent most of the night crying. Then, we were without power for a few days after that, in the hot, humid summer which made it so much worse. The kids were miserable, we were miserable, we couldn't even heat up a bottle properly for my youngest...ugh, not a fun time at all! :S

Then, we had just moved into a brand new house 2 weeks before Opal hit Montgomery, AL. There was a nice wetland conservation area right behind our house that we thought was going to be so nice to have. During the hurricane we just sat there watching the water rise, getting closer and closer to our house and 5 trees fell down in our yard, one of them about 6 feet from my daughter's bedroom. No one was hurt and the house was spared any damage...someone was definitely looking out for us on that one!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I live in the lower keys and I am in Charley's projected path. It's a category 2, could be a cat. 3 by the time it gets here. It is traveling NW and will make a right turn sometime b/t now and tomorrow. When it takes that right turn and how much of a turn it makes will determine how hard it hits here. The eye is expected to pass about 70 miles west of here, but if it makes that right turn early, we're fucked.

Life will be a big pain in the ass if it's hits us hard, but oh well. I've never been through a hurricane and I'm kind of looking forward to experiencing it. I love big storms. Plus I live in a sturdy house that survived hurricanes much worse than Charley, so what's the worst that could happen? Yeah, I'll test fate by asking that question.

if it makes that right turn early, we're fucked.

Life will be a big pain in the ass if it's hits us hard, but oh well. I've never been through a hurricane and I'm kind of looking forward to experiencing it.

Be careful Mark . . . take some time to think through your decision not to leave. Finding a safe place to stay inland for a few days might be the best decision you ever made.
Arrive Safely

John

charley is chewing through havana and doesn't stop growing. it is category 3 now....

1 million people in the evacuation between key west to the south up the west coast of Florida to north of st pete/clearwater, etc. the bridges will close down at midnite, no one enters. water service will be shut down before dawn. hotels/motels east past bartow and lake wales are full. only the premium priced gas is left and running out fast.

when the winds reach 45 mph, all emergency vehicles get off the roads for the duration, until things calm down for the disaster recovery...

time to settle in folks...at 110mph ++, that garbage can down the block can be flying at wind tunnel speeds! :o.

ps....we are 2km from the beach....as close as you can imagine and still be out of the official cat 1-3 flood zones....

The outer edge of the huge storm that is Charley is here in west palm. I woke up about 15 mins ago to a "Whooooooosh!" then downpour! wicked, i'll be up for a while watching outside, this is enough for me, tampa can keep the eye of it.... :S tornado watches and waterspout conditions, guess who's not going to work today?? :S

__