FlyingJ

Getting paid and doing nothing. A bad thing?

I never would have thought that getting paid to do nothing would be a bad thing, but I'm freakin' bored out of my mind!

Working a temp job right now, and there have been some busy days, but I've been here since around 9am today and have done aproximately 30 minutes worth of work.

It was great at first, but you all just aren't posting quickly enough to keep up with my reading! I've read complete forums today that I've never even opened before!

:S
Killing threads since 2004.

It's amazing that no matter how bored you are, having to actually go back still kind of sucks. I was w/out a job for two months when I first moved.

Told myself that I wasn't allowed to start AFF until I had an "income" though, so I finally got off my butt and here I am.

Very true, though if I knew I would be doing nothing I'd probably have found something doing nothing that didn't include an hour commute.

We'll see. This job lasts through 9/16. Asking me to stay (I can't imagine why, they aren't using me) so we'll see what happens. I'll tell them I need more $ to stay and see how that goes over.

If I can get a raise for doing nothing, I'm all over that!

If you want to get paid for doing nothing, you should apply for a job in my company, especially the IT dept. that's why they bring back schmucks like me to take care of everything and then lay them off. :S

Just started working at a climbing gym, where i'm either being a belay slave, or sit behind the desk checking in people. Pretty darn easy. The benefit is that the climbing wall is inside the main gym, and it seems that the Univeristy of Kentucky has many more girls than guys, so i'm entertained. I can also do homework while i'm there. Pretty sweet. :)

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

> Just started working at a climbing gym, where i'm either being a
>belay slave, or sit behind the desk checking in people.

I used to work at one of those. Was fun for about two weeks, then got really boring. There's only so many times you can do the same plywood wall.

I agree. It sucks being bored. Especially when you're tired. Yes, I'd rather get paid to be bored, but I'd really rather not be bored. I'm an IT geek and I spend 90% of my day on the net.
Of course, thats basically my fault cuz I could probably get more work if I told my boss I needed some. (So I guess I'd rather be bored on dz.com than working. ;))

Maybe one of these days I'll get a job I actually like... :(
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

i'm so totally losing my mind....
i could find loads to do, still need to unpack, if it weren’t such a pain to get around and if i weren’t supposed to be 'sedentary' for a while anyway while the bone knits

i feel like this is a precursor to becoming grafted to the couch, and that frightens me.....:S

Hell, I'm a doc, getting paid to sit here on my ass and play that stupid pool game somebody posted yesterday. Level 9 is kicking my butt big time. Any hints? But seriously, I hate this, I hate inactivity, I hate getting paid to do nothing, I'd leave, but my next patient is in 1 hour. Then I can go. *SIGH*[:/]

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that goes crazy with nothing to do.

I think I may have spoken too soon in complaining though, because (as if they were reading dz.com) not moments after I posted the message someone gave me some complete bs busy work stuff to do.

Now that I'm doing this, I think I'd rather have nothing to do!

The only thing keeping me sane right now are PMs!

That's about 20 more than me. I got here at 6:00 to get stuff done and have been surfing the net all day.

I never thought I would run out of interest in surfing the web, but damn if I haven't done it today! If only I had money, then I could at least shop! I can't even look now otherwise I'll probably buy something with money I don't have.

Perfect example of a person I would not ever hire.

Whoa...think you might have the wrong idea. I'm ready to go. Have been asking every half hour or so if they have anything new for me to work on.

I even told them that if they really don't have anything for me to do I might as well go home, but they said "no, better if you stay, I'm sure we'll come up with something."

Ugh! :S