alanab

where in COLORADO??

Driving: These are without a doubt the worst drivers on the planet.

Absolutely! I couldn't believe it when I moved here from Cook County IL, (you know, the county containing Chicago), and I had a hell of a time trying to find insurance as "cheap" as in Chicago. After living here a month, I understood. I saw more drivers running red lights in that month, than I had seen in years in the MidWest. I ride a bike 12 miles per day to commute to work, and I've lost track of how many times idiots have tried to run over me while I'm using the pedestrian crosswalk.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Absolutely! I couldn't believe it when I moved here from Cook County IL, (you know, the county containing Chicago), and I had a hell of a time trying to find insurance as "cheap" as in Chicago. After living here a month, I understood. I saw more drivers running red lights in that month, than I had seen in years in the MidWest. I ride a bike 12 miles per day to commute to work, and I've lost track of how many times idiots have tried to run over me while I'm using the pedestrian crosswalk.

That is due in part to the large influx of people from California and other states where snow is usually found in ones freezer. I forget where the actual statistic is but the # of California and other licenses changed for Colorado licenses was extraordinarily high several years back and continues to grow.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

What is the story on virtually all the civil engineering here? The mousetrap was just completed this year in roughly the same time it took to end WWI, WWII twice, and for me to finish my undergrad.

Hey, I'm a civil engineer in Denver! >:(

The mousetrap? I dont know what the heck was up with that....CDOT bureaucracy I guess.

TREX seems to be coming along quite well however. Just wait and see what happens if fastracks passes ... :o

Hahah, two different perspectives on two states! (I just moved to San Diego from Denver about 4 months ago.)..........

People: They are a bit too nice.

True. I find that the people in San Diego are incredibly rude, short, and impolite. In fact, I've only lived here for a few months and already want to move because of this fact! Oh well. :S Yes, people from Colorado are nice, and I really miss that!

Now, I have to disagree. San Diego and SoCal in general must have much worst drivers! I'm actually amazed every day by the crazy shit I see! I don't think that I've ever seen someone change all six lanes of an interstate at 90mph in a BMW without even looking! Very scary drivers out here... especially those cute SoCal blondes! ;)

That's exactly where I live....I am at the base of a mountain bike trail (Green Mtn.)

Me too... I actually lived closer to the Diamond Shamrock. Yep, Green Mtn. is probably the best neighborhood in Denver. I never had to deal with D-Town traffic, particularly when coming home from skool (UCD). Also right next to I-70 to hit the mtns.
It was quite the drive to MileHi, but I guess I got used to it. It was almost exactly 55min every time!

Regarding the resorts, the only reason I liked "SkiStoned" was hiking the bowls (when there was snow), hitting the snowboard park (because Breck's was too crowded, short, and big for me), and getting stoned and going night riding. Plus, living in Green Mtn., it was always a shorter drive. By the way, if anyone is interested in buying a kick-ass condo in Keystone (overlooking the resort) let me know - my mom is trying desperately to sell it!

Now now Keith don't fondle the trophy girl. Do you have my Bellas II preview video? Alana is the girl seen exiting the balloon on the right hand of the screen at the beginning of the song. Of course to get a better view of her, just check out her "Are you a hottie and you know it thread". ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Keystone is nice. Mary Jane has some of the best bumps around. The back side of Copper is fun. I like certain aspects of Arapahoe Basin (their East Bowl when open is hard core double back diamond, but you do have to hike to get to it). Vail is nice (I haven't been to any of the Aspen mountains). I'm not a big fan of Breck, but I'm sure the upper bowls rock with a good dump of snow. But my favorite resort in CO so far has got to be Steamboat. But I've yet to ski the double blacks at Creste Butte and I've yet to ski Telluride, Wolf Creek and I believe Pergatory (if I'm not mistaken) has some good double black stuff as well.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

True. I find that the people in San Diego are incredibly rude, short, and impolite.

They are just direct and do not engage in small talk with strangers. Works good for me.;)

Now, I have to disagree. San Diego and SoCal in general must have much worst drivers! I'm actually amazed every day by the crazy shit I see! I don't think that I've ever seen someone change all six lanes of an interstate at 90mph in a BMW without even looking! Very scary drivers out here... especially those cute SoCal blondes! ;)

Its not a problem if everyone is traveling at approximately the same speed. The real problem is when you are in Denver and cars will merge onto the freeway at 35 when there are other cars traveling 90. Not to mention more red lights will be run in a day than in a month in SoCal. Combine that with the cars who sit in the intersection trying to make a left turn and you have the T-Bone capital of the world.[:/]

CDOT bureaucracy I guess.

FWIW, I have lived in Illinois, California, Tenessee, North Carolina, and Colorado. I have never seen anything like Colorado. Why is every intersection time metered? Nothing pisses me off more than 25 cars sitting at an intersection and no one is moving. Except maybe the ridiculously short left arrow greens. I get that the roads are going to be a bit torn up due to the weather and all, its just part of life. What irritates me is things like downtown Littleton. They ripped up a bunch of streets and only work on one at a time - if there is even a crew out there at all. Its been 3 weeks and there is no visible sign of improvement, just holes where the streets used to be.>:(

I will agree, driving sucks here in Colorado Springs. The lights are way too long, so if you hit a red you are going to be waiting for a really long time. Also if a road has a median, don't expect to make any left hand turns except at a stop light. So you always end up driving a 1/2 mile past where you are trying to go to get to the next light so you can make a U-turn to get back to it. And people here dont know how to drive on the highway. If you do the speed limit on the highway you are going faster than 90% of the people on the road. And getting behind someone going 35 on the entrance ramp to the freeway is just annoying. I like going back to TX where people know how to drive :P

B Moore

'Turbulence is a bitch'

What's the quick synopsis of Fastracks?

Fastracks is a massive, 4.7 billion dollar public trainsit proposal the Denver area voters will vote on in the November election. It proposes to build 120 miles of light rail and commuter rail throughout the metro area and to Boulder and DIA. It is huge ...It dwarfs TRex even. Additionally, it will expand bus service throughout the suburbs.

Personally, I'm all for it. I think anything that promotes getting away from the ridiculous scene you see on I-25 at every rush hour of a sea of massive single-occupant SUV's is a step in the right direction.

For more info: http://www.fastracks.org/

OH NO MIKEY IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!! run for the hills. hide your goats and sheep.

Uh...Keith...the rest of us don't have goats and sheep.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Ok here's the low down dude...

:P

Colorado in all actuallity kind of sucks. The thought of living here is a lot cooler than actually living here. Let me count the reasons why:

alanab: I have lived here a long time (Littleton), and can tell you that CanuckInTheUSA pretty much has it right, except that he didn't place enough emphasis on the outrageously wonderfull benefits of snowboarding on the best hills anywhere EVERY weekend during the winter. :)
Colorado will likely live up to your dreams and a lot more.

. . =(_8^(1)