kai2k1

Would you sell your rig to get out of a bad situation?

NOOOOO!
I'd consider it unsellable, pretend to myself I didn't have it, because after the bad situation is weathered, I'd surely want to skydive again, and it's easier to get rid of a rig than to scrape together the money to replace it later on.

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

It would depend on the situation. As many have commented before, there is more to life than skydiving.

If I needed money to pay for medical treatment, I'd sell my gear, because without the proper treatment I probably wouldnt be able to skydive again anyway.. or do much else either.

Yes. Everything comes and everything goes. Rigs, people, it's all the same. Besides, looking to upgrade and downsize eventually anyways.... rigs at least. Men however, upgrading only please!
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I voted no, only because there's no option for Hell NO, or no fucking way

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I have in the past. Twice. I will never, ever do that again. Even if I can't afford to use it (like now).

Everything else - car, furniture, stereo equipment, computer, cameras, CD's, books, hell even my jumpsuits, helmets and instruments (I can jump without those) - that's just replaceable stuff and I'd have no problem selling any and all of it (and most of it is for sale right now!).

But without my rig... I'm not a happy camper.

I'm with Lisa here. Even though I can't afford to use my rig(s), and we need money VERY badly, they will NOT be going anywhere. Period.

MY wife understands this.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
No dude definitly not. In fact, I've haven't paid yet.

What I'm saying is, above many many things, I can live without, my rig is not one of them.

The only thing in my life that tops EVERYTHING is my kids. For them? ANYTHING. PERIOD.

I guess the statement about sex is just a freudian thing. I've been "alone" after a failed marriage for a year now and I still don't feel comfortable even thinking about dating...

Result???

Yeah, you guessed it, gave up doin it.

But????

I'll never give up jumping.

EVER.

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...

What is wrong with you - how can you ask such a question?!! :o I am shocked.

The only reason I would sell my gear is to upgrade. My gear is like therapy. I can look at it and remember all the good times and the lessons.

Try using a bicycle, or walking, you don't need that much food, totally give up cable or internet. BUT sell not gear.

I guess there could be reasons that other people might, but I'm just not there now!!!
life is short so go on and live it!

:o Yikes Kai!
I'm still unemployed ..hopefully not for long as I have strong prospects for a Sarasota FL territory in a few weeks. Moved from CO to the south back in May and only brought what would fit in a 16 ft UHaul. Put all that in storage (@$100/mo), ran out of $$, and have since sold most everything I own. I swore that the last 3 things to go would be my skydiving gear/rig, my golf clubs, and my Serroto road bike. Well, it's decision time again..looks like the $2500 road bike is about to go so I can bridge the gap until employment.[:/] If for some reason it's not enough, the Calloway woods and King Cobra irons are next, and finally my rig.
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do..plain and simple as that.:S
I will say, however, that this "journey" that I've been on since April has taught me so much. It's taught me what really matters to me: my life, my health, my family, my friends, my happiness..those things which cannot be replaced. I believe that setbacks in life are a reality check which teaches us a lesson.
As much as I'm tempted to whine and complain, I won't because I am so grateful and blessed in spite of the bend in the road:)

Result???

Yeah, you guessed it, gave up doin it.

You just let me know when you're ready to get current again!:);)

Sheez, with comments and offers like this, I'm willing to get un-current for a bit! :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Funny you ask. While I'm not faced with selling a rig, I've been considering the sale of my scuba gear that is less than a year old in order to help pay for a rig.

I think I've decided that I had better hold on to it. It will be easier for me to come up with the money for a rig now than it would be to come up with the money for new scuba gear when the decision is between spending the money to jump, or saving it for dive gear.
Killing threads since 2004.

If it comes down to a decision of either having enough money to pay to lawyer to get custody of my daughter or having a rig.....that is an easy choice. I can always replace my rig at a later date. My daughter is worth everything and anything.

so, yes i would sell.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!