Conundrum

Close up video of Artest paints a different story

Hey would you go after the one who tossed a drink at you and a bunch of loud mouth shit.. or will just anyone do for you???

Ever been courtside and listened to some of the racial crap that some of the low life " fans" throw at ... especially black players from opposing teams???

Supposedly they know which fan threw the drink at him and they're considering criminal charges. Regardless, what he (Artest) did was unacceptable, and the punishment is fair, if only to set an example to the rest of the league. (They might file criminal charges against him and some of the other players involved as well.)
As much money as it costs to go to any professional sporting events these days, you'd think the "low lifes" would be in some bar drinking beer instead. Its a pathetic situation no matter how you look at it!

I think basketball is a very racist sport, against whites.

Two white guys huh....Gee I guess thats a good reason to shout racist comments huh. The players in the NBA can compete.. and those who can DO.. those who cant sit on the bench. Face it MOST guys who play basketball never get there to that level of play. Some may have the skills but not the drive. Others like poor Vinny... well he was discriminated against because of his genetics. ( then again there was Spudd Web that little guy who played so even he cant totally use that excuse) I think there are far more players in the NBA now from Europe who CAN compete. If you have someone with the skills I really dont think race matters as much as ability does.

Hey would you go after the one who tossed a drink at you and a bunch of loud mouth shit.. or will just anyone do for you???

Actually, I heard he went after the wrong guy. Some local station claims to have video showing that. I think it's actually the guy in the white hat that pushes him by. And the little guy looks surprised, I think he thought the guy in the white hat was going to get it.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I think its really dumb for someone who is paid that much to act that way anyway( the players).. BUT.. I think if a fan cant keep his big fucking mouth shut.. he needs to be ejected.... especially if he throws a drink or other object at the players. Then HE{ the offensive fan} needs to be banned from all games in the future. People take their kids there to see their sports heros...not a bunch of drunken neaderthals with big mouths.

They looked like real heros that night! Quite the role models!

The fan should have been ejected and banned, maybe charges filed, but that is as far as it should have gone. Jumping into the stands and attacking someone is inexcusable and disgusting.

There are far more incidents than that.. Up here we have one guy who is being investigated for illegal dog fighting... and Hell .....Portland has so many screwups the last few years its amazing ANYONE even goes to a Blazers game.
BUT as long as people will look up to these idiots just because they play a game.. they will be treated with kid gloves.. its EVERYONES fault since they continue to support the organizations who just slap them on the wrists.

so much money for what? and what kind of freaking lives and ethics to lots of these guys have??????

Heard an interesting statistic yesterday..

Over 40% of players in both the NFL & NBA
have criminal records.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Chelle love ya darlin but I was makin a point... ;)

Little people who abuse and taunt REALLLLLLY BIG PEOPLE who can kick their pasty little butts SHOULD have learned this was a very very bad idea somewhere around first grade. Then again.. some monumentally stupid people get very very alcohol brave when they are getting all macho like in front of thier friends.

Ever been courtside and listened to some of the racial crap that some of the low life " fans" throw at ... especially black players from opposing teams???

Yeah, I've sat courtside (under the basket) at a few Lakers games. I heard none of that racial nonsense. Sure, I heard some taunts made to Ras-weed Walace about his toking (and the to the whole Portland team, actually) but none of that stuff you talk about (maybe it's just the Lakers fans have manners).

I also don't buy the racial crap being thrown at opposing players. YElling a racial epithet will be heard by both teams.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The fan should have been ejected and banned, maybe charges filed, but that is as far as it should have gone. Jumping into the stands and attacking someone is inexcusable and disgusting.

Here's one to toss around - my thoughts...
Sports players are held to the higher lever and respected by kids as role models for the sports they're in. So, as such, the Majors (NBA, NFL, etc.) need to step up to the plate an own up to these responsibilties. So, henceforth I propose the following addition to pro athletic contracts:
1. You do drugs, you're gone
2. You start a fight on court or participate beyond attempting to stop it from further escalation, you're gone.
3. You get arrested for a DUI while on a drunken binge while on road, you're gone.
4. You beat your girlfriend up, you're gone.

Sports (hockey excluded) used to be a gentlemans game. now, it seems it's just a free for all at times with no responibility for one's actions.

my 2.5 cents.