antifnsocial

keeping in shape off-season...

I go to the gym more now and run but in the North it can get easy to slack off. I am looking into creating an exercise program just for skydivers... what exercises do people find best and should I include? [Please no beer lifting, butt-scratching or sex-related stuff here...];)
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I run too on the treadmill but it gets kind of boring. I know that certain areas need to be targetted other than just cardio. thinking of some pilates/ cable exercises to jack us up and keep in shape specifically for skydiving work...
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

doing ab crunchs with a bit of weight on your chest so you can dearch and slow down.

For me i used to do alot of shoulder excersises b/c i have a problem with my shoulders popping out of joint.

Bicep work for when your hanging on to that bar on front float waiting for everyone else.

Lots of cardio is never a bad thing.

odly enough you can do all this by just spending a couple hours in the pool swimming around 4000 yards. B|
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I work out as much as possible. One of the things I found once I started doing HP landings was that I had problems from the motion of pulling down the risers. I would get pain in my elbows. So...on my chest/tricep days I get on the cables and do some reps that simulate that same motion. Haven't had a problem since. Also.....flying Head Down....my shoulders and arms can get pretty tired. Especially if I'm with someone floaty and have to have the brakes out. Plenty of exercises for that!

Sunny, why do you have the Stay-Puffed Marshamallow Man in your avatar?:D:D:D

~R+R:)...Ahhhhhhh...reminds me of my trip to New York...B|...Minus the ghosts...Slimer...3 guys in grey suits with thermo-nuclear packs on their backs...oh, and Sigourney Weaver...can't forget her...;):PB|...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Saturday it was cloudy and cold. Sometimes the Brits miss home too much and we like to do something for them. (Also it keeps them from wearing speedos.)

Saturday night, I went with a group of jumpers to an outdoors place in Tampa that has live music. It wasn't too cold, but I did have to wear longsleeves. :ph34r:

Tomorrow is supposed to have a high of 74. :)

Tomorrow is supposed to have a high of 74.

Sweet.........Hopefully I will be exiting one of Skydive Deland's damn fine aircraft by 1 PM or so!

I say you are all telling lies.

It only comes out when you add he drinks that special potion. I think it's called "beer." :D

"off season"? ....Florida is always in season for jumpingB|

Except when you get those little rain storms that shut down half the state. Funny, they even give those storms a name:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

As I have mentioned in other workout threads I took up boxing recently and it is the best form of exercise, ever!
It is cardio and muscle toning rolled into one kickass workout and it improves balance and core strength.
All this will benefit your skydiving.:)

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."