antifnsocial

keeping in shape off-season...

Vary the programs on the tredmill, mix it up with a stairstepper, rower, elliptical, smimming, CC skiing, snowshoeing.

A neat strength thing we did last team training weekend was 1 push up, wait 1 min, 2 push ups, wait one minute....up to 12 and back down the ladder. All with 1 min rest, vary the pushups, wide, narrow, diamond, tricep, etc. Then switch to situps and do the same. You get 144 pushups and 144 sit ups in 20 minutes.

Always stretch to work on your flexibility.

Am I the ONLY person here who doesn't work out? I feel so out-of-shape when I read things like this, but I guess it's my own fault. Ugh!

Ya know, i'm really tempted to fly to CA and kick yer butt... :P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I've been having problems pulling down my front risers, so I keep meaning to do the weight machine in the gym that basically feels like you're pulling down on your risers. It's a pulley system with the weights behind you, and a cable goes from them, up and over to the front of you with these big knot things you pull down on.

Oh, and I run three miles a day (sometimes.) I'm also doing some stretching that bbarnhouse recommended to me.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

the lat machine, I hear you, I have trouble flaring too, I think it's common for women after 2-3 jumps in a row to have a little arm strength issue and that machine is killer, I just incorporated it into my workout 2 weeks ago and it's kicking my ass..:(
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.