RkyMtnHigh

Personality or Appearance?

I am certainly no looker, but nothing to gag over either. In HS I never had a date, but was this shy little mousy thing that never talked to anyone to begin with. My own damn fault. After grad school, and weighing about 50 lbs more, my confidence was much better, I just carried myself better, was more positive. I never had a problem finding a date then, had far more men interested than I had interest/time for. I've since dropped 90 lbs and see no difference in male attention.

For me it isn't really looks or personality, but that first impression formed by demeanor, smile, eye contact, etc. Looks would increase their chances of getting laid, but it's really personality that keeps me intregued.

But now that I'm a very happily married camper, it's all irrelavent :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Being honest, I'd have to say appearance plays a factor in that first "meet." But I agree that looks fade. Unfortunately, I've found that even people who would not be considered attractive can turn out to be very ugly on the inside also.

Nowadays, I look for personality. Someone who REALLY listens to me. Likeable, honest, kind and willing to put forth effort.

Am I asking for too much? [:/]

If so, I'll just settle for hot, insatiable sex. :ph34r:
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I think, for both sexes, looks will get you a date and get you laid....for a while.

The amazing ones are the people who say, "It's all about me..." and treat other people like dirt. They are attractive enough to get away with it in the short-term. Then they are stunned when the person gets tired of them and leaves them.

Relationships only work if it goes two ways.

Its all personality......I have lost a lot of weight and have never looked better.....I dont sense anything different concerning the opposite sex now then when I was 40 lbs heavier.....Especially after 30, personality is king.

=-=

I've had the opposite experience. I've lost a lot of weight and have never looked better and I get significantly more attention than I used to from the opposite sex. I'm the same person, though I do project a more positive energy in general, I'm not naive enough to think that's why the attnetion has changed.

As for my vote - I agree with those who say looks may get you a look, but personality will get my attention and can often make you significantly more attractive.

And you should have a different response based on the fact that your female and he is male. If you have ever seen a fugly looking guy with girl who is a "9" you have seen that in action.

For pretty much everyone it is a varying % of both based on long rooted genetic tendancies. It has to do with your sex plus and minus some factors based on your own individuality, experiences, and age.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I think, for both sexes, looks will get you a date and get you laid....for a while.

Yes, but as a guy you have to be off the chart good looking for that to win it alone. Like brad pitt kinda looks.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Personality first to be a friend for me, attraction then follows based on personality and appearance

The goggles did it for you, uh?>:(:P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

It's a combination. If a girl is hot but I don't like her personality so much..........I might consider her for Hook Up material. If she is at least cute and has a great personality.......I would consider something more serious. Of course.....I have met quite a few women that were nothing short of Amazingly Beautiful but because of their personality I wouldn't even go near them.

Initially it's appearence, I don't think anyone can deny that. It's their personality that wins you over, though.

Thank you, Conundrum...

swedishcelt - quit foolin' yourself.....and most women answer for the man anyway, ask almost ANY married man. :D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well in the case of meeting someone online, it's the personality that wins me over. In person, i'm gonna notice a guy's looks first.

How am I doing so far:$:$:$
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Personality first to be a friend for me, attraction then follows based on personality and appearance

The goggles did it for you, uh?>:(:P

They do it for me!!!;)

He is definitely more attractive with his goggles on. :|:P
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I'm with Mike on this one. It's physical attractiveness that will attract me to someone. It's only after I get to know the personality if I let them stay or not. Also, how quickly can they bring me coffee in the morning is another bonus point.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey