beowulf

Last name

I have a less then common last name, but I have noticed that hollywood has taken a liking to it. It has been used in "The Highlander"(it was part of Sean Connery's characters name), "Pulp Fiction"(the cab driver's last name that picked up Bruce Willis), and "The Manchurian Candidate" (it was used twice once it was an army desk jockey on the phone and also one of the brian dead washed vets). Anyon else notice their less then common last name being used in movies? by the way my last name is Villalobos. I think it is kind of cool.B|

Mine is Rudolph, been used in movies for the holidays for a long time now. Not too uncommon though, or at least I think.

Don't mind it now but man it was brutal when I was a kid. Kids say the darndest things.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Don't mind it now but man it was brutal when I was a kid. Kids say the darndest things.

I know that feeling! My last name is Snow. Boy did I get teased in school! I also earned myself a nickname to many teammates, coaches, teachers, and friends as Snowy...

Only time I've heard my last name really mentioned was on the show Three's Company....to make it worse...my first name is Kristi.....many people make the mistake of hearing it as Chrissy and immediately ask if I was named after Chrissy Snow from the show...:S

*daizey*

I dont think I ever knew Chrissy's last name was Snow.. but I feel your pain. I hate it when people call me Chrissy instead of Kristi. >:(
My first and last name rhyme, and my last name is more likely to be someone's first name. (Rudy)

I was shopping last week and the girl ringing me up noticed my name and she said "wow, you dont see very many women with a last name that is also a first name.. usually its just men!"
I replied.. "every woman in my family.. " and she said "oh REALLY?? " :S
duhhhhh... last names are not gender specific. I dont think she was very bright..

McAndrew... (Son of St. Andrew)

Unfortunately!:|
Right at the beginning of the movie 'Braveheart'

My whole family were murdered in their beds, then hung>:(>:(>:(
Bas*@%ds[:/][:/][:/]
Fortuantely.....

ONE OF US SURVIVED!!!!!!;)
RED LIGHTS & OFF LANDINGS ARE JUST MY THANG
http://www.redlightrob.co.uk

My maiden name is a pretty common one in the Boston area - McKenna.

But my married name never comes up the way my husbands family spells it. I've searched all over the internet and on those genetic 'trace your family tree' websites and never seen anyone other than his family spell the name the way they do: DeCesari. Its commonly spelled DeCesare - both mean "Of Ceasar" in Italian.

Kinda sexy ;)

Jen
Arianna Frances

Mine is Schrimsher
German and I believe it comes from Schrimshaw (the carving of ivory)

Up until 2004 I never met anyone with the same last name. What was so great about this person was that he saw my name in Parachutist and contacted me. He was starting AFF in Co. One year later I wen't to Mile -hi for a boogie and we met, he had about 50-60 jumps so I organized his 1st 8 way and we made a jump together.
Since I love jumping with the newbies this was an honor for me.;)