Deuce

DZ.Weight Watchers

I was at gym at 4:45am.
Treadmill, lifecycle, free weights(just to pump my arms up)..Then about 5 laps in pool.
The machines said I burned 148 calories altogether.
Sitting at work now, only have a cup o noodles and small can of tuna for lunch!

PS..swimming was actually hard, I am definately out of shape!

The way that weight watchers worked for me was getting on that scale once a week and cheering weight loss in a public setting.

OK, so now a ton of us (no pun intended) have committed to losing weight. Good job! I'm proud of us.

Now that we've made that first step, what now?

*How often do we report in?
*What do we say?
*Even if we slip and gain a pound in a week, we still need to report in, right? As I recall, they were very supportive of this in WW and helped people get back on track.
*Do we post support publicly on this forum, start a new forum for congrats or do we send PM's when we want to give someone a pat on the back for a good week, or a hug for a not so good week?

Oh, and about the drinking gallons of water and not peeing like a racehorse after a while. That theory isn't true for me. If you don't believe me, just ask Bolas or my CRW coach. It doesn't matter how many times I go, I still have to go that one final time before I get on that plane. [:/]

Nina
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

When I did WW, I chose Fridays as my weigh in day. I found that the weekend was more difficult to stay on the program, but when I saw the weight I lost on Friday morning it gave me the determination to be good over the weekend.

Chris

I wanna lose 10 more pounds. So here... 10/0. Let's go!

I'm with you. 10 more lbs would be good. I've lost about 20 in the last year and a half or so. The eat-less-exercise-more diet. And healthy foods and whole grains rock. It feels like you're putting high-test into your body.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This is Deuce's program. He is the Master of the Fat Bastards.

Noice.

I suggest a new forum - the Fat Bastard Forum. And since Deuciepoo is the Master of Fat Bastards, he should be the moderator.

To keep the skinny fucks from amusing themselves at your expense it can be private (y'know, like the DD forum). Maybe require a minimum weight loss goal for access?

Oh yeah. My numbers.

Start - 170+ as of Oct '02 (dunno how much "plus", I avoided stepping on a scale)
Current - 140ish
Goal - 140ish
Amount lost - 35ish +

B|

Start - 170+ as of Oct '02 (dunno how much "plus", I avoided stepping on a scale)
Current - 140ish
Goal - 140ish
Amount lost - 35ish +

Since you're at goal, you're a skinny fuck. So you can go now.;)

Chris

But dontcha wanna know how I did it?

I just assume lots of nig-noggery was involved.:D

Anyway Lisa, if you want to hang around a bunch of Fat Bastards when you're all slinky and sexay...you're more than welcome.B|

Chris

Those standard height and weight charts are BS! At 5'4" I would be SKINNY at 130. I'm hoping to get to the 140 range.

I remember many years ago I looked into becoming a flight attendent. I was 23 and in the best shape of my life but according to the height and weight charts the airline was using, I was too fat! That was a long time ago and those charts still haven't been realistically adjusted!

I lost a lot of weight last year just by cutting back on the carbs. (No flames please, I KNOW what works for me!) The past few months, I've been eating "freely" again and I've put on about 5 (when I still wanted to lose 20-25 more!). Plus, I'm getting the afternoon slumps, upset stomachs and heartburn. When I cut back on the carbs, all that goes away, I have much more energy and I feel better! Seems like a no brainer really, but those carbs are hard to resist! Cookies, brownies, fries, fresh baked bread.......

So, its back to a pretty strict low carb lifestyle, AND back to the gym for me! (been slacking there was well.....) No choice really, because I gave away all my "fat clothes" and can't afford to buy any more!

This is Deuce's program. He is the Master of the Fat Bastards.;) So he should decide when weigh in is.

Chris

You guys are killing me.

Fridays and Mondays.

For the tonnage tolerant the measure is:

Starting weight/Current weight/Goal weight/Pounds lost

For those with more sense than to put their stats on the internet it is:

Starting weight/Pounds lost

Now, as expected I've gained 4 pounds in two days because I have been weightlifting and the muscle swelling (pump) holds water. This is the nicest thing about having a body fat monitor scale. I'm not discouraged because my body fat has not gone up, just my mass.

For the folks who can afford one, the Tanita body fat monitor scales are really great. It can be very discouraging to gain weight while really hungry, and it's nice to know it's just water.

Boy, there really are a lot of fat bastards on this site.:ph34r:;)

Funny story. When I was 17, I looked up my height and weight on some chart the USDA handed out in my high school. I was then (and still am, only much worse so) "obese". And at 17, I was an All American swimmer.

I expect to spend the rest of my life being obese. I guess I'll just have to live with it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ok...ok. I've always fought this losing battle, but last April I started with a nutritionist. She is strange, but good for keeping me at losing something. Some months it's body fat and others it is pounds. My goals are slightly different from hers.

In April, I didn't realize I was as out of control as I was. So...

I wanted to lose 70# and shed 15% of body fat, to date I am down 35#'s / 6%. But the best part was what happened to my cholestorol, stress levels and sugar levels. I don't know if I would have known how out of wack my system was if I hadn't went to see her. Weight Watchers was too public for me. Now though I need to kick it in gear again after this standstill I have been at for a few months!!! I have 4 months to go to meet my goal!

Hurrah...and let me say, with a whopping 70# to drop...I definately qualify for some good ole Fat Bastard recognition!!! ;)

I'd rather have an awkward morning than a boring night!!!

yep that's why those charts that only look at height vs weight are BS. They don't take into account your general frame, or amount of muscular development.

I'm not even going to bother looking at my weight. I want to lose a few pounds of fat & maybe gain a couple pounds of muscle, so there wont be a big change in weight anyway. I'm just going by how much fat I can grap around the midsection. screw the charts.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Forgive my lateness to the thread, but I'll play too.....

Currently at about 185ish, and I'm really just wanting to lose this slowly developing glob of squishy stuff around my stomach and sides.....:S:PB|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

*What do we say?
*Even if we slip and gain a pound in a week, we still need to report in, right? As I recall, they were very supportive of this in WW and helped people get back on track.
*Do we post support publicly on this forum, start a new forum for congrats or do we send PM's when we want to give someone a pat on the back for a good week, or a hug for a not so good week?

I'd hate to say that pounds lost is the only way to measure "success." What if we report in on our progress towards our goals? That goal could be anything from "lose weight" to "lower body fat percentage" to "lose an inch off my hips" to "work out three times for at least an hour" to "be able to zip my smallest jeans."

That might be overcomplicating it, I suppose. But maybe just call it a weekly check-in thread and let people report what they want.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

*What do we say?

I'd hate to say that pounds lost is the only way to measure "success." What if we report in on our progress towards our goals? That goal could be anything from "lose weight" to "lower body fat percentage" to "lose an inch off my hips" to "work out three times for at least an hour" to "be able to zip my smallest jeans."

That might be overcomplicating it, I suppose. But maybe just call it a weekly check-in thread and let people report what they want.

If you play it that way, I'd jump in...but I am so not going to state #'s.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.