alanab

jumping from a C5

i saw a show on this airplane and it showed a clip of some paratroopers jumping out of one. are there any to jump from these days? this plane is definately the coolest airplane i have EVER seen. i'd even go as far as to say it's a damn sexy plane!!:$:):D:o

are there any to jump from these days

sure if you happen to be in the military.... and alana, it might seem sexy, but you havn't ridden in it for 12 hours ( witha stop in goose bay, middle of no where canada) going from germany to las vegas... siiting in the pasenger compartment you are either freezing siitingin the aft section or burning up siiitning forward... seating is facing aft so it reminded meof a jump plane.. paratroppers sit in the cargo compartment though.. all 300+ of em.... really is coolthough to beable to drive a truck towing an f-16 engine up the front, and drop of the engine and then drive out the back.... they break alot too..... the job i;m trying to get at wright paterson is an aircrew slot on them though ( when they get rid of the c-141's next year and get the c-5......

i saw a show on this airplane and it showed a clip of some paratroopers jumping out of one. are there any to jump from these days? this plane is definately the coolest airplane i have EVER seen. i'd even go as far as to say it's a damn sexy plane!!:$:):D:o

what is a C5? what does it look like? sexy in a dude way or a feminine way?

never mind my previous question, found a pic, and well it looks like... sexy in a sex toy kinda way... a huge one.

no idea... just been a passenger on em ad helped load em up with someof my units cargo before... never go into the technical asspects of it... hopefully that will change within the year....

imagine a plane that cane hold 8 busses.......two rows of 4....thats a c-5......we dont use them to jump out of anymore cause at jump speed it starts to fall out of the sky........literally

it also seems like opening the nose in flight and trying to crawl out of it, letting go and attempting to avoid being sucked in a turbo-fan might be slightly impractical... or does the butt open too? lol

it also seems like opening the nose in flight and trying to crawl out of it, letting go and attempting to avoid being sucked in a turbo-fan might be slightly impractical... or does the butt open too? lol

read my link.....

:ph34r:[:/]:|Why not opening both and fly through the plane with a wingsuit:P;):S

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

imagine a plane that cane hold 8 busses.......two rows of 4....thats a c-5......we dont use them to jump out of anymore cause at jump speed it starts to fall out of the sky........literally

Great perspective! That really puts the size of that puppy into retrospect. CRAZY stuff!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Both ends open.. and something sticks in my mind about being limited to 90 paratroops...why I have no idea.. I mean christ you can fit a hell of a lot more in there than that

yes the nose and tail open for the reason that it makes it rasier to load and unload, there are also 2 paratrooper door in the rear....side doors.

now it has a seating capasity of around 90 paratroopers because on the upper deck it has airline type seating......now if you wanted to sit on it like you would a c-130.....skydiving purposes.....on the floor 12 wide....then you can fit well over 600 jumpers on it
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I've jumped it both static line and HALO and even when it is going at drop speed, it seems incredibly fast on exit. it made 141 exits feel like jumping out of a cessna. The hill is HUGE. You need the static line extensions to jump it and even then it had issues.eventually they stopped doing static line jumps out of them and only did HALO out of them. You could easily launch a 12-16 way chunk off the ramp. I was always amazed when I saw them flying above. They are incredibly loud and look like they aren't even moving during the first 100 feet after take off. they look like they are hanging in the sky just making noise. I was always sure I was going to see it fall right out of the sky one day.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

yeah, on the show, it showed them loading it up with tankers, a fire truck, atvs, and way more. i cant remember what else. but it was on a show on tlc and i searched the hell out of their website and couldnt find ANYTHING on that show!

Sounds good for trash day... beats a skyvan.

Damn, that's awesome. I'll have to search for it too.

Can't wait till March. I started HD in the tunnel so hopefully I'll be close to decent when you get down here.

So excited to jump with you:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Ah yes, the C-5...Known as:

-The Ramp Rock
-(To the acquisitions community) as F.R.E.D. (Fucking Ridiculous Economic Disaster)
-The aircraft where FMC means "Firmly Mounted to the Concrete", and NMC means "Not Much Changes."
-C-5 Maintainers will never take bets on whether a C-5 will last on a long TDY. I saw one taxi up beautifully, and then spout a fountain of hydraulic fluid onto the ramp. Looked like Buckingham Fountain.

Give me the C-17 anyday.

I can see the headlines now.... "firetruck lands on house" :D

Good Stuff sequel, anyone? Get 20 jumpers into the back of a dump truck and roll it out the door.B|:S
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I was talking with Greg Gasson at Eloy about his televised exploits like the plane to plane jump, and the jump where he takes off his rig etc, and he tells me about this conversation he has with a producer, where the producer is asking him what he wants to do next.

"I want to cut the top off a Greyhound bus, fill every seat with a skydiver, and drive it out the back of a C-5" He says this as calmly and certainly as I might suggest taking a 4 way chunk off the Cessna.

The producer asks if he thinks Greg can get enough skydivers to fill the bus. :S

"I'll be turning them away"

He will, too.