Deuce

I am not a good golfer.

have you ever hada golf pro walk up to you and tell you that you might want to try another sport like skydiving or something???

just curious;):D
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

I usually start off REALLY bad and then get far worse in relative proportion to how many beers I have had. :D

That's weird, beer slows my swing down a bit, and I drive the ball straighter... cuts about 5 strokes off my game B|

I'm happy when I don't break any windows while playing. It sucks to hit your second shot from the #4 fairway when your previous shot was from the #2 tee. Also, the beer girl with the low cut top always sells more beer.

Big Ed

Back when I used to work on golf courses eons ago, I played to a 3 handicap in 18. I was able to golf 27 to 36+ holes a day, free, with a cart. After I left to industry I realized how damn expensive that sport is and dropped to a few rounds a year, tops. I now play about at your level, JP, or only marginally better. This year though.... my father paid for a membership for me, since I was eligible for a student discount. It cost him $190 for me to golf free (walking) all summer.

I expect to be back to ~6 handicap by September. ;):P
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I believe golf is a torturous mental game created by the devil. In my three experiences with the sport, serious injury and or death could have been the result. Not to say serious injury or death did occur, but the possibility was strong.

Never before in any game or competitive sport has such uncontrollable profanity crossed my lips. :o:$

It was fun on all occassions, but the kind of fun some of my students describe to me about skydiving. They aren't sure why they continue to jump from this airplane but they are determined to do it and get better at it. Yet they question ... what am I doing this for again??? :S

I am hoping to play more golf this year and maybe pick up some skills. However, skydiving with me is probably waaaay safer than playing golf. B|:|B|
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Just so you know. I get out about once a week and golf about a 115 average.

Nobody has more fun than me.

Nobody.

:P

JP golf was never about the game it was always about the beer. lol

I'm just happy when I find my ball :ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Just so you know. I get out about once a week and golf about a 115 average.

Dear Deuce,

My golf and bowling scores are interchangable.

Is this a bad thing???

blue skies and dark beers,
Mr. 118

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

i would love to play with you deuce...golf is one of my other passions. i usually shoot about 80 but, not if i'm drinking with my skydiving bros. and sisters, which in my case is often because my brother is my skydiving brother and he is usually my golf brother too. :)
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

LMAO
My golf handicap was a 26, ie. score avg. 98. Played once last year on Thanksgiving with my dad trying to keep his mind off of my mom(she passed away 11/04)), shot 113 and beat him straight up. He plays 3-4 times a week and has to give me a couple of strokes! My bowling avg. 163:P. My uncle, Don Ellis is a Hall of Famer. Still an ass:P

I went out with a buddy who is pretty good last year. After evaluating my game he told me I have a "LOFT" problem. a Lack Of Fucking Talent :S
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

I went out with a buddy who is pretty good last year. After evaluating my game he told me I have a "LOFT" problem. a Lack Of Fucking Talent :S

"LOFT"

LMAO!
Thanks, I'm gonna use that one this summer!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I'm about the same way.....after years of golfing I still like party like a rock star when I break 100. For me average is about 103 and that is playing by all the rules.
Golfing and skydiving go great together.....Thats why Rantoul is the bomb!!!! A few skydives in the morning and by 1 or 2 PM hit the golf course for 18 holes and 18 beers and to top it all off it's a very nice course at cheap prices:)

One day last year my fellow skydiving buddy and I spent the day playing golf. It was going to be cloudy with some rain so what the heck. We both have a little experience, however unrefined that may be. Of course, we showed up in blue jean shorts, skydiving t-shirts and tevas. The shop pro told us that polo shirts are required. I told him the last time I was there nobody said anything about that. He let us go with a tip to remember them for next time. Stuffy club for a public course, I thought…

No sooner than the first tee had my buddy taken the first shot, only to flub it down to the women’s tee a little further ahead, and he goes (BLEEP!). I told him hey man, they can hear us next door in the pro shop, you want us to get kicked off and lose our $41 tee fee just like that? Wait til we get out of ear-shot!

Then it was my turn to tee off. Sure enough, I flubbed it too, only it made high hops toward the pond, and I was just about to groan when I saw the ball bounce off a turtle floating in the pond and come to rest right at the edge of the pond. Whoa… sorry about that, turtle, but thanks man! ;)

Anyway, soon enough I was booming shots off the tee with the wood clubs, but not doing shit with the irons in the fairways. My buddy was the opposite. It was quite a profanity-laced, laughter-filled, club-flinging and searching-for-balls-in-the-woods kind of day. :D

The scariest hole was a par 3 right next to the county road that splits the golf course. Big pond right in front of the green and little room between the fairway and the road. It doesn’t help that we have a slicing problem, especially with the road on the right. We were trying to listen for cars and getting our tee shots timed right. It’s not that easy to do when we’re both deaf! I took my shot…. WHACK! It goes straight and up for a couple seconds, then starts to veer to the right, oooooooh shit! Just then a car comes over the hill! We both grabbed our heads cringing as the ball headed straight for the road! It just missed the car by something like 10 feet, taking a high bounce off the road and into the ditch on the other side, WHEW!!

Another hole, my buddy flubbed an iron shot, sending his ball on a fast ground-hugging trajectory, just then a squirrel was running across the fairway, and the ball zoomed by it no less than a foot away! That froze it in its tracks for a few seconds before it scurried away.

Anyway, the final score:

My buddy: 118
Me: 127

Turtle-hop, squirrel-freeze, car-near-miss: We’re a lot more dangerous with clubs in our hands than with rigs on our backs! I think we’ll stick to skydiving due to liability concerns… :P

However, we did just today take some practice shots at the lake inlet behind my house. Our goal was to try hitting the ball across the water to the other side, some 200 yards away. It was starting to get dark, but my buddy took a hefty swing, WHACK! We followed the ball as best we could in the dim light, but just as soon as the ball splashed in the water close to the far side shore, we noticed 5 or 6 white-tailed deer bolt from behind some trees and take off into the woods on the other side... wow...

6 more days to Dublin!

Blue Skies!
Billy Vance
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

have you ever hada golf pro walk up to you and tell you that you might want to try another sport like skydiving or something???

just curious;):D

I took up skydiving at the recommendation of the guy who ran our college bowling league.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I hate golf.

I played once under duress in Medicine Hat, Alberta.

It was ok because there was a beer cart, and we also had a rucksack of tinnies too. ;) They ran out, and by the 10th hole the beer cart guy was avoiding us.

Jumping up and down shouting "BEER, BEER" seemed to make him steer away from us.

We were asked to leave by about hole 16.

I dunno what my score was but I lost all 10 balls I bought.

After the golfing, we went bowling.... now that was a good night out....
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk