Viking

Whats your blood type?

Funny Story - When my first child was born they told us the blood type and I was like, cool - he has the same blood type as us. Didn't realize at the time that since hubby and I were O+ that the kids would have to be.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I just got a book called "eat right for your blood type". It gives a whole lot of details about blood types. The kinds of foods best suited for your blood, the best exercise, how and where the blood types started and how they spread.

I have to go give blood again because my card telling me was in my purse when it was stolen and I don't member my type. [:/]
Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Yeah, dude, universal donor is O-, me. My phone starts ringing off the hook as soon as my time is up.

The pheresis people too.

No doubt I'll someday be a bone marrow donor.

JP,
15 gal. donor, last 8 were pheresis.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

My blood type is JACKASS.

I can't donate blood for a few more years due to travel I've done. Probably will travel again before I'm eligible to donate and screw that up.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I just got my letter from the Red Cross that i got after giving blood for the first time. I'm an O+ blood type, an almost universal doner! B| Then again its gonna suck if i ever need blood b/c i can only have type O[:/]

So whats your blood type?

O+ as well. I'll give you blood viking. I got plenty B|

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

I have been interested in finding out if race has to do with blood type. I noticed on the chart that only 11% of caucasians have my blood type (B+), but what race holds the majority of B+ blood?

Blood group B is most common in Asian populations. Race does affect blood type, along with many other factors... Blood group O is genetically recessive, therefore you'd expect it to be very rare. However in the UK it is the most common blood type. In America I think it is A.

BTW "Caucasian" is a meaningless classification, as it covers many racially diverse populations.

I hope that answers your question :)
Steph
-x-

A negative, CMV/CNV? (whichever I forget) negative. They call me every eight weeks because my blood is used for infants and people with suppressed immune systems.
-------------------------------------------------------
"These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left, and I'm ready for war."

Interesting what a large population of negatives there are, as compared with the general blood-donating population. Wonder what it's associated with?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)