SkydiveNFlorida

Have you payed off your college loans?

I'm lucky, my parents paid for the first 3 years of college...however...because the tuition is going through the roof at Purdue...even for in-state...I'm looking into student loans...and I don't qualify for scholarships because my parents make too much, but I don't feel like bankrupting them out of their retirement...so I'm taking on the burden when I move, which will hopefully be in a semester...

Thanks Mom and Dad!!!:)
~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Parents paid.

I didn't qualify for financial aid because my parents weren't in debt up to their eyeballs.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I got a total of $2500 per semester total help, everything else was loans. Parents kicked me loose once I turned 18 basically. My mom was making about 8 an hour at that so she could'nt help.

I worked 40+ hours a week, carried a pager/cell for work and took 18-20 credits per semester year round. I kinda miss those days of getting about 6 hours sleep total since I was up all night doing homework then heading to te DZ every weekend to jump hard on the limited money I had left after rent and bills.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Undergraduate amounted to a full ride and I would like to take this time and thank my former sponsors: the wonderful University of Michigan, the State of Michigan, and the right honorable gentleman A. Alfred Taubman (I _think_ he's been paroled by now ...). I also worked several jobs and received a language-based scholarship. All of which I needed since Ma & Pa Blutarsky were too busy divorcing themselves and at least 3 or 4 other happy folks (apiece) to notice that I'd gone away somewhere :D

When better women are made, Faber men will make them

University fees don't exist in Ireland B|, though there are some admin charges. Means-tested cost-of-living grants are available, as are merit scholarships.

After a four-year degree, my total debt was less than €4000, and that was mostly due to an alcoholic summer in NYC ;). Paid off within six months of leaving university.

I'm still not done racking up the student loans;)

I'm done (BS in business) this summer, and figure it will take me 3-4 years to pay off the loans, 5-6 if my truck dies.... and 90 to 95 years if I meet the 'right' girl:D 150- 160 years if I meet the right girl and my truck dies....:D

Still in school, still borrowing. I owe more to loan companies than I'm worth including everything I own! I should owe in the neighborhood of $200,000 to $250k by the time it's all said and done. Everyone keeps saying not to worry, that it will all work out in time.

So, have faith...loans are kind of like a mortgage payment. Remember that it's an investment in your future and that is something that appreciates!

Oh, yes, that and I'll never be alone in the world. Sallie Mae won't let me...:P
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

I have NO Bills from College.
My wife(a times estranged:ph34r:)
won't apy up even when I give her my O.T. money and the Tax return!:S
how freakin lazy!

Got out in 1997 and was able to finally pay off my loans in the last 2 years.

I graduated HS with almost a 4.0 so I had received 2 merit scholarships, and one hardship scholarship (my mom has MS and is blind). They were only good for 2 years, 100% the first year and 50% the second year, years 3 and 4 were 100% loans.
Fly it like you stole it!

Still in school, still borrowing. I owe more to loan companies than I'm worth including everything I own! I should owe in the neighborhood of $200,000 to $250k by the time it's all said and done. Everyone keeps saying not to worry, that it will all work out in time.

So, have faith...loans are kind of like a mortgage payment. Remember that it's an investment in your future and that is something that appreciates!

Oh, yes, that and I'll never be alone in the world. Sallie Mae won't let me...:P

I feel your pain on that one there. I had a rather fat scholarship to undergrad and I think my parents covered the $3K per year that was left over.
By the time I graduate next year though I will be around $150K in debt to uncle sam. Luckily we can defer them for a while.
Investing in myself........worst. investment. evar.:P

Investing in myself........worst. investment. evar.

You're crazy! :)
Now, me on the other hand, there's no way I'm worth a quarter million dollars! Sallie Mae musta been smoking crack when they agreed to loan me money! ;)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

We have a government funded program called HECS (Higher Education Contribution Scheme)
My debt at the end of 4 years was about $12000AUD. The year after I started Uni, they altered the HECS scheme and the same degree now cost inexcess of $20,000AUD.
I finished Uni in 1998, and I'm still paying it off.
Our payments are deducted from our Salary as a percentage of our income.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

mother is a Phd and I got free tuition for the first two years, then she quit because of the BS at the school...last 2 years is loans.

Inclluding my last 2 years of college, and my Private, Instrument, Commercial Multi, Comercial Single, CFI-I, MEI, and CFI... I am about 40K in the hole.

...should owe in the neighborhood of $200,000 to $250k by the time it's all said and done.

That's some serious coin if you're studying World Religions, but it's doable if you are going to be a Dentist or Urologist. The industry won't lend a student that much, and the schools won't accept a student unless some real assets exist to see them through the program. You don't come from a trailer park, and I'd bet you have beautiful teeth and nice shoes too...right?

I am still in the process of racking up my loans. Junior in College with another (maybe) 2 years to go.
And a new tuck in the near future, I will be paying off loans for a long time.

I need to find me a sugar daddy:P

Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.