wingnut

got that bastard finally

It is a very American thread. I don't know of anywhere else in the Western world where the proper response to a pest animal is firearms :o.

UK its a perfectly acceptable responce, maybe not with a .380 pistol (bullet handguns were banned), but a rifle on your own land, with the proper licence, why not.

BOOM Headshot

UK its a perfectly acceptable responce, maybe not with a .380 pistol (bullet handguns were banned), but a rifle on your own land, with the proper licence, why not.

That or dye him red and send the Hunt after him, 30 or 40 horses and dogs chasing it would have sorted it out.

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

It is a very American thread. I don't know of anywhere else in the Western world where the proper response to a pest animal is firearms

Well, I know of somewhere... Air rifles are unrestricted in the UK if you're over 16. I've used one to shoot pigeons, rats, squirrels and magpies that were being a nuisance in the garden. Much cheaper, quieter and more discreet than a .38 or an AK47, though I'm sure they're much less gratifying.

We aren't allowed handguns in the UK but rifles and shotguns are ok if you have a license. I have a few shotguns for rough shooting and clays but haven't used them for years.

Just thought I'd chime in as a British gun owner.

--------------------------------------------------

'Everybody needs a mate called Dave'

OMG Bob see what you did !
Started a gun thread. >:(
Only this time its for the boys in the UK ! :S

This shit cracks me up :D:D:D:D

Any sign of waffles ? :|

waffles, waffles, waffles, waffles....etc

-------------------------------------------------
Please forgive the sp errors, I have dyslexia. Don't laugh ... the last time i went to a toga party, I went dressed as a goat !!

if you are worried about neighbors try a shotgun maybe. i grew up out in the sticks and didn't have to worry about strays as much, but the 'ol 11-87 with 00 buck is a great way to get rid of the pests and you don't even have to clean up...just an occasional eyeball left over. it's unreal what deer shot will do...scary stuff. :o definitely not as much fun as the pistol though.

however, if you get really pissed at the little booger you can escalate to the next level. might be a bit much for a raccoon, but man what a statement you will be making to the rest of the animal community.;) someone be nice enough to tell me how to make my url a link? i'm trying!

[url]http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/arm/arm8.htm[url]

enclose it in tags like this [ u r l ] http://www.LINK.com [ / u r l ]

just take out the spaces and your set

I know there is a way to alias the link in forum style code but I am not sure how if it was a standard html link it would just be Alias

Only skydivers know why the birds sing!

Jim

Just thought I'd chime in as a British gun owner.

"British Gun Owner" . . . ! I thought you were all extinct. Good to hear there are a few of you left. :)
I know that across the channel, in France, you can buy a .22 cal rifle with scope, ammo, and silencer for around 100 Eu. Couldn't believe the silencer when I saw that. Those are very highly regulated in the United States. That's the perfect varmit set up.

Soooo you gonna skin him out and make a coon skin cap for boogies????

He really needs to skin the thing and make the pelt into *something*

OH! WINGNUT! Make the pelt into a coozy for beer at boogies! With the tail hanging down and the fur to the inside. That would be badass!

:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

They do it all the time in Germany. It is rather fun to watch

yup, used to jump with a guy in germany that would go out on "hunts" they would find wild boars and get a big hunting party together and go get em....

to no one in paticular:

so i guess i should of used a rifle or shotgun instead of a handgun, well i didn't get over it, and yes i'm american, itis nice to live in a country where i can wn a handgunif i so choose, hell if i want to pay the 400 dollar tax, i can own a fully automatic if i wanted, but i have no use for that other than fun, but funit would be......oh know what's nice too, i can get a conceled cary permit if i wanted, then you would never know if i was walking next to you carrying a hand cannon.......legally.......

It is a very American thread. I don't know of anywhere else in the Western world where the proper response to a pest animal is firearms :o.

Um, excuse me, but your profile says you are from Australia.

Australia has a serious rabbit problem. And also with feral cats, which were brought in to control the rabbits, but just became another pest in the process.

And millions of them are shot each year in an attempt to control them.

So it seems to me that your own country is doing exactly what you claim no one else is doing except America.

evreyone, stop the madness... i don't want to owe beer for this thread.... i have yet to have a thread moved to speakers corner.... that place is scarry!!!!!! i can't go if the thread gets moved...... ahahahahahahaha.......

I know that across the channel, in France, you can buy a .22 cal rifle with scope, ammo, and silencer for around 100 Eu. Couldn't believe the silencer when I saw that. Those are very highly regulated in the United States.

I understand that in Europe, silencers are just the normal polite way to shoot, to minimize the noise and shock wave to your fellow shooters on the firing line.

But here in the U.S. an unregistered silencer will get you 10 years in prison. If you use one, you're not presumed to be polite, you are presumed to be an assassin...

It's merely because we Americans only recently started to think of firearms as being weapons. We used to consider them tools. You can bash the brains out of a weasle, or a neighbor, or a neighbor who's a weasle, with a shovel, after all.

Just to take a return poke at Oz (and I really *do* like you guys), you have the only country in the Western World where someone (a good friend) can be arrested, imprisoned for a month, then sentenced to more time in jail than domestic murderers on the grounds that they involved in a crime that took place while the QLD authorities had them in jail. Hey ... they had Miami Vice re-runs in OZ, after all, and therefore any pot smuggling *must* have involved an American. (But I'm not bitter ... and I'd gladly buy you a beer any day.)

yup, got him, the .380 did it's job.... if you have no idea whati'm talking about, carry on, if you know, you will know i've been hunting this bastard for a while now............ will post pictures if anyone wants....... hehehehehehe........

Well, personally, I think he should have used this Racoon killer, just to make sure, you know.

And we still haven't seen any pictures.....