antifnsocial

happiest skydiving memory

Ugh, i have way too many to pick my happiest. Some of my faves are:

*HD rodeo with Clay ~ still cant believe we pulled that off
F*irst jump with pete about 3 years ago
*The 2 alligator inflatable jump last year at rantoul ~ pulling while holding an inflatable gator is interesting.
*My first jump at Sebastian ~ the scenery is beautiful!!

Dats all i can think of for now.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Don't know the jump number but there is video of part of it on skydivingmovies.com titled "section 8 eugene skydivers"

me and 2 of my best buds went up and did a sunset canopy run when the clouds/industrial haze below us looked like fresh powder on a mountain. we did some high performance CRW, follow the leader, and so on. truely my most memorable jump.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Looking back at the plane and watching a tandem jump exit cessna 185 on electric blue sky, watching the drog pop followed by freefall and then the canopy open with the plane banking right. All this from under canopy on high opening.The visuals where stunning especially as the plane banked and caught the sun's rays B|, a one off moment in life :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

happiest skydiving memory

Watching the red sky of sunset in freefall at Lake Elsinore after skydiving hard all weekend...
knowing there's a cooler full of beer and good friends waiting
back on the planet.B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Seriously, the happiest jumps were seeing others so excited. 2 come to mind. The first was when Larry Yohn, got his SCR and his first kiss pass by me. You'd have thought he won the lottery. Larry was an amputee, [leg] and passed away due to injuries on a Demo. The second was when I organized an all girl 10 way round for a Cancer benefit at Perris. Holly Johnson got her WSCR, and yes we got the 10. When she came into the slot she was across from me. Her smile was sooooo big that I thought her lips were gonna split. I believe that it was also her first time to break wrists. She had pinned and gone base, but this was really big for her. A couple others got their WSCR also. B| Great jump. Happy Women. There weren't alot of female jumpers back then. So, all women jumps made me HAPPY. :)
Sandy

For me it was getting the cheesy little Student of the year award at skydive Fargo's x-mas party at the frontier bar.....
I was sitting at 1 SL jump with about 3 weeks left in the "season" left in North Dakota, and i busted ass to to get through all the levels (of SL training) and get my A license before the snow flew.....
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Hard boiled eggs???? You can have the plane all too yourself. I know guys that ate them on weekends only. Fuckers!!! Gotta love those guys, and their egg farts too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....
I tell ya, the eggs are better then when they serve Chilli at a boogie (couch freaks....)
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Yeah, but I think these were pickled all week and eaten on Fri. night to be enjoyed by ALL on the early morning load Sat. It's been 25 yrs and I still remember the SPECIAL egg farts at altitude. I still smell an egg fart from time to time. But, Damn, they are NOT DZ EGG FARTS. :( I guess you could say I still go to altitude when I smell them, even though I don't jump. :)
Sandy

Shortly after getting A license, one of my coaches asks me onto my first 6way. He says we'll do a speed star into a peckerhead. I have had so so exits and sloppy backloops to that point. All I can think of that I'm going to f*ck this up. I tell him and he just says, "you'll do fine". He has me as base. I exit following video off rear float and have my best, smoothest exit, fly right up to and geek video. We have floatybutts and anvils, so it takes a while, but eventually everybody forms up. It was awesome seeing everybody fly down and join up. KBob calls it and we backloop. Yep, smooth as silk. So that's what they are supposed to feel like. We start to form up on low man, but we were spread out too far apart and break off. I'm sure I had that smile that first time tandem students have, all the way to a tippy toe landing. Still get giddy thinking about it.

Everytime I go to altitude, I think about having that much fun again.:)
Monkeyboy
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Jump 1 - Started AFF
Jump 7 - Passed AFF
Jump 8 - First solo.
Jump 11 - Base in a 10-way with local guys.
Jump 71 - Organized POPS GA State Record 12-way - got it on first attempt.
Jump 82 - SCS broke 9th on a 9-way with Joe Bennet and the big boys.
Jump 110 - 12-point 4-way with Hans Paulsen, Gary Shaffer and Greg McKellar.
Jump 251 - 13-point 5-way with Derek Thomas, Vic and Laurie Moriera and Bob Domierer.
Jump 252 - Deek Thomas' 13-way 30th Anniversary jump - personally invited by Derek and Julia.

Dublin Boogie and the painted boobies - one set of which I was madly in love with before they got "gifted" to a friend.B|
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

1. My first wing suit jump in South Africa - 4 way sunset flock with friends - will never forget the colours.

2. Waking up on my first morning at Perris Valley after arriving in the dark, watching the Shark take off and knowing that i was there for a whole month.

2. My first multi point freefly two way. B|

Ah man, there are just so many...

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

my FS1 dive at st andrews, with the sun setting on one side and the full moon rising on the other, with freddy dave west and andrew hilton, with guys like that you can hardly fail.
got 4 points then one more for good measure, and geeked the camera, heard freddy shout, first time i heard anyone in freefall too.
deployed and freddy came next to me under canopy, with the sun and the moon on opposite sides, it was such a buzz!
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography

Like so many others, it's hard to come up with just one, but I just remembered one of the top ones:

our first jump at WFFC from Rod's 412 -- ten of us from Flagler, sunset load, extra wild ride ... great jump. Watching (and listening to) Mark E. as he tried to "swoop" the corn was the hilarious crowning touch.;) "Ouch! Ooof!, Ouch! BASTARDS!":D

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I remember bits and pieces, I was up in a porter at altitude doing turns for traffic, the door is open and all the sudden sunlight just hits the whole interior like a freakin' sucker punch to your nuts... my eyes adjust, I look out the door and there's nothing but an assortment of clouds spread out as far as the eye can see with the sunlight reflecting off them.. It was SO GORGEOUS!!! and I don't say gorgeous... Big ones, Small ones... different altitudes, all different shapes... SO FREAKIN' GORGEOUS!!!... needless to say we got our hole and made for a great freefall... Thank You DeLand!!! .... That memoir will never leave me....:)

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

New Year's Eve, 1999-2000. Midnight Millenium jump.Lake Wales Fl. During freefall on a three way we launched from the Casa.
Seven or so years before i became a licensed skydiver, it was a silly goal i had: to be in freefall at that moment.
Quite possibly the coolest planned minute of my life.
:)

My daughter's 1st jump last month(bIRTHDAY!):) & my fastest SPEED jump(266MPH) the same DAY! May 14th.:)