tinfoil

Should I pay for my roommates food?

Tell her she can go ahead and buy food for herself and you will take care of yourself. If she complains just tell her why you feel this is fair. Her judgement is off because she is using. She must think that you should pay for the food and she can do what she wants.
FGF #6
Darcy

C'mon, they're in COLLEGE. That's like saying that if she can afford books then she can afford food.

This is a rookie roommate issue. Sharing groceries NEVER works unless you're chipping in for one lasange that you split. You can't keep track of who had how many pringles or this or that. You need to buy your own food, then if one of you runs short on an ingredient you ask before doing or tell later with the intent to replace it. My roomate and I have shared a kitchen for several years. We don't touch each other's food unless it's an emergency, but we share beer and cheese.

You don't need to have a contract or lock up your food, just be a normal respectful human.

As for this instance, blow it off as a minor issue because you'll just come off as being petty.

Now, if all of this is well established and your roommate takes your belongings, then that shit just shouldn't fly...

This is the most rational approach to the situation. I totally agree with this. I used to room with 4 other people in one house. We all divided sections in the fridge and cupboards. We knew who's stuff belonged to who. And if we wanted to use it, we would replace it. This is your best way to go. It's being level headed and it will prevent any nasty situations from arising. This proved to be successful for 8 years. The only thing I had to worry about is to have them clean up the ONE litter box everyday for their 4 cats.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

You don't have to have weed to attend college

Mar, that's a topic of endless debate. Having attended a military college, it wasn't weed, but I don't think I'd have gotten through without beer. In fact, I think my invaluable food groups were sleep, beer, weekend passes, and the breakfast buffet. Take away any of these...and I just don't know what I would do...
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Now she says that if I don't go shopping with her, she only going to buy food for herself.
It's pretty important to keep on good terms with the roommate because there are still 10 months left in the lease.

The simple solution is for you to each buy your own food and remain on good terms. That's what I've always done when I had roommates. Occasionally each of you can cook up a good meal and share, but it's not a requirement or anything, it just being "neighborly".

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

any girl that has to buy weed twice in one week has problems that go way beyond eating your food. she is not fit for cohabitation. she is smoking way too much weed or she is giving it away. why does a female have to buy it anyway? is she fat, ugly, or just a bitch?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

There is more to this story I am positive.

Did you guys split the bill last time? Is that how it works? 'Cause she's asking you to go shopping with her... not asking you to buy her food. If you guys are on a "Go shopping together, split the cost and eat as you go" plan, then you can't bitch just because you were gone when the last of this weeks groceries were eaten. Know what I mean? You either buy your own separate food, or you buy groceries for two and you act as though you are mature enough to realise it just doesn't always get split down the middle.

Now if I'm waaaaay off. Meaning this isn't just one more thing in a long list of stuff that has you anoid with her, and you truly feel like she is mooching off you, then just go smoke all her weed.

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

any girl that has to buy weed twice in one week has problems that go way beyond eating your food. she is not fit for cohabitation. she is smoking way too much weed or she is giving it away. why does a female have to buy it anyway? is she fat, ugly, or just a bitch?

Don't talk about weed like that! >:(

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

My roommate is a pain in the ass as well. She has no problem going in my garden and eating the vegetables I grow. She doesn't help out in the garden at all. I had only one zuccini in the garden and she picked and ate it. I told she can't pick anything or eat anything in the garden unless I say it is ok. i express how much it hurt my feelings that she did that. She always complains that I am anal about things but screw that! I worked really hard to get those veggies to grow.

One time I made stuff peppers for dinner and they were half cooked and she thought is was ok to just go digging in them without asking since she said there was nothing to eat in the house, which was bullshit.

She is really good about drinking all the booze in the house too.

Ok I will stop bitching cause I could go on forever.
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

You don't have to have weed to attend college, but you do need to have the books if you expect to make a descent grade in the class.

*cough* It seemed to work for some of us, It definately wasn't books I was spending my money on these past couple of years. ;)

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Ok, here's the lead up. I went home for a few weeks and recently returned to my apartment. While I was at home my roommate was here and; ate most of the food that we had. When I left there wasn’t much, but you could go 3 days or so without eating the same thing twice. Now it’s kinda limited to Chunky soup and stale crackers.
She’s said she can't afford to go grocery shopping, but last night she bought weed for the second time this week. Now she says that if I don't go shopping with her, she only going to buy food for herself.
It's pretty important to keep on good terms with the roommate because there are still 10 months left in the lease. But at the same time I don't think it's unreasonable to ask her to replace the food she ate while I was gone. Also, we’re both students so money is limited for both of us.
While I wait for her to wake up and have to talk to her about it, what would you do?
I'm tempted to pay $20, and let her cover the rest.

Well whatever you have to pay for damn sure as hell dont pay her part of the rent. That is why I wont take in a roommate, more trouble than theyre worrth, you may save money on the lease but in the longrun it can be a real nightmare.

On leases, be advised, if she decides to skp the rent and she takes off on you, you are going to be stuck paying the full rent

Now she says that if I don't go shopping with her, she only going to buy food for herself.

Oooh, no, you might have to shop for yourself! :o

It's pretty important to keep on good terms with the roommate because there are still 10 months left in the lease.

Just be straight with her, tell her you can't afford to have her eat your food. Tell her that you will shop seperately, and ask that she buy her own food and not touch yours.

And, the suggestion that her judgement is clouded by drugs is obserd! Sure, weed makes you hungry, but it isn't like she's taking bars or smoking crack or something, it's marijuana! If you haven't smoked it or at least been close to those who do, then don't make judgements! She's inconsiderate and nothing more.

-A

Just roommates or roommates with benefits?

I'm workin' on that. After all, nothing bad can happen when two roommates knock boots, right? lol

Ok, here's the finally ;). I just decided to suck it up and go shopping with her. I figure next time it happens I can skip being nice and tell her off if she just bought weed. Figured I'd be the nice roommate, honeymoon period an all.
Still a little bitter off though, while she said she is broke, she went to see a movie tonight... But I guess it's not for me to judge.

Oh, and for those who were wondering, the roommate smokes a bowl or two with a friend every night; and I think once in a while one in the morning. But I have no idea how much they buy. Oh, and she's really only a bitch when she's stoned, I wasn't lucky enough to find one of those clam and mellow stoners. [:/]
thanks everyone

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

I just decided to suck it up and go shopping with her. I figure next time it happens I can skip being nice and tell her off if she just bought weed. Figured I'd be the nice roommate, honeymoon period an all.

BAD MOVE! Don't complain next time then, and it WILL happen again.

Still a little bitter off though, while she said she is broke, she went to see a movie tonight... But I guess it's not for me to judge.

Certainly not your place to judge unless she stops paying rent. You have made your bed with the food thing.

Oh, and for those who were wondering, the roommate smokes a bowl or two with a friend every night; and I think once in a while one in the morning. But I have no idea how much they buy.

Again, not for you to worry abuot. If you have a problem with her smoking weed, find a new roommate, otherwise myob on what she does with her time and money as long as she makes rent!

-A

My roommate is a pain in the ass as well.......reply]

...and will continue to be until you stand up for yourself and quit letting yourself be run over....:P

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Throw the stoner out before she gets YOU busted or evicted on a drug charge. If she's busted in the apartment, so are you and everyone else present at thhe time. Finding a new roomate in a college town shouldn't be that hard. Just stress to them that certain things like no drugs and paying your own way will be expected. You can do better - and she needs a wake up call to clean up her act.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !