rhino

Getting a Car tomorrow... Any suggestions?

What are you looking for in a car besides fuel economy? Reliability? Resale value? Low maintenance cost? There are several websites such as edmunds.com or carfind.com to help you determine the right car for you. The VW Jetta is a good idea, a little on the pricey side, though.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

ok rhino

think dodge truck

I get a new vehivle every 18 mts. due to high work mileage.

have had 3 dodge 1500 trucks
2 were v-10 current is hemi

I get 18.3 mpg at 2000 rpm and cruse cont ,thats 76mph

its a king cab ,purchased new 2004 after 2005 mods came out paid 5000 below dealer inv. for a saveings on sticker price of 10,000.

it does run strong

I work for an oil co. and get free gas.
are you going to skyfest?

shoot small..hit small

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

I'd get a subaru WRX.. if you need a little extra space get the wagon version.
the motors are very fuel efficient untill you are heavy on the right foot.
Also you can take a look at the mazda6 or nissan Altima
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

http://www.mbusa.com/amg/model/gallery.jsp?page=gallery&model=06_S65&modelsection=S&navsection=gallery

There's a great car.............Oh wait..........you wanted a reasonably priced car that gets good gas mileage. Nevermind. :D Neat toy though.

Seriously.........I would stay away from Hybrids for now. I just read several articles not long ago that says they really don't hold up to the promises. Plus.......because of the way Americans drive they don't get good enough mileage to justify the price. Operating costs are still too high. I think the modern diesels are probably a good bet though. They have come A LONG way in the last few years.

I thought this was a skydiving website?

You should get a 1986 Honda Accord for 2k and spend the other 18k on jumping! :P

I've got an '03 Camry V6, and I love it. I get 28mpg commuting in traffic, and it's built solid. 43k miles in 2.5 years, and no shakes, rattles, or any problems.

I really really really like the Volkswagens... very nice cars... I test drove them last year before I got my Honda...

I love my Honda Accord... it's a 5 speed, 4 banger, but it does have a v-tech (and the manual transmission gives it a little more uumph)... It's fun to drive (if I could do it over, I would go for the 6 speed V-6), but nonetheless, I am happy with my choice... (it doesn't hurt that the bro works for Honda and I get employee discounts either)...:D

If you wait just a little bit longer (say August/September) dealerships are going to start having the year-end clearance... just a thought...

Get something you can afford, but also get something that is fun to drive...(and if it's a LEV, that's good too)... ;)

don't rush to buy!

And buying at the beginning of the month is usually not the way to go. Salesman have quotas and dealers need to pay interest on the inventory at the end.

OTOH, if someone wants to offer a *really* decent bid now, great. Otherwise just do some test drives and tell them you'll be back later.

don't rush to buy!

And buying at the beginning of the month is usually not the way to go. Salesman have quotas and dealers need to pay interest on the inventory at the end.

Good advice. Even at the end of the month, it is usually not the best idea to buy on the same day you first look at the vehicle.

Right now with all the manufacturers offering the "Employee Discount", It doesnt matter because the price is pretty much set by the factory on this deal.

Normally... Yes wait till the end of the month but not right now.

Also Check Edmunds.com and get all the pricing information "Invoice" vs "Actual Dealer Cost" (Two totally different things).

Never go by KBB.com (Kelly Blue Book) as they are a dealer tool and not accurate at all. Their "Dealer Retail" will be very High and their "trade-in" will be extremely low. Their are much more reliable sites on the web for pricing info.

Also, If the sales person seems focused on negotiating based on your "Monthly Payment", Look elsewhere. The only price to negotiate on is Drive out price. Tell them that Monthly payment is between you and your bank and has nothing to do with how much you will pay for the car.

Do NOT pay and ridiculous "Doc" fees and/or Advertising Fees. These fees will be preprinted on the invoice and are nothing but SCAMS. Don’t pay them and be prepared to walk out if they will not budge.

Best course of action.. Research the Car you want (Edmunds.com is the best site in my opinion for that), Research the value of your trade.
Secure Financing before you go (http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com is very easy to deal with and has some great rates. I have financed several cars with them.).
Write up your offer to include what you are willing to pay, What you expect for your Car add any LEGIT Tag Tax and Title Fees (But NOT Doc Fees) and come up with how much you are willing to write the check for. Tell them to take it or leave it. They will say no and then call you before you get home to accept your offer if it is reasonable.

be prepared to walk out if they will not budge

That's the real key. Don't need a car that day badly enough not to be willing to walk out. That way you can wait until everything you need and want is available, or until you've convinced yourself that you're hoping to get a hybrid Hummer.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)