sd-slider

Safe to say Icarus customer service sucks....?

Of all the vendors I have dealt with in my life....these clowns have to be the worst yet(at the corporate level......)B|

Aside from the local SoCal contacts, they have proven beyond a doubt that they don't care about their customers.

Assume for a minute you acquire a "BRAND NEW" canopy that sat on the shelf for a couple years and was never packed, jumped, or even fondled. Assume also that you put 24 jumps on said canopy with questionable openings ~90% of the time and on the 25th jump it EXPLODES! Pitch, line stretch, snivel, BAM! (multiple packers involved in the troubleshooting process....)

All fine print, warning labels, and company warranty policies aside, wouldn't you think they'd have the courtesy to lube you a little before, and maybe, maybe provide a reach-around after they send you a bill for the entire repair!

Feel free to let me know if I,m outta line here...:|

I remember a time when Icarus was a name to be proud of and the people associated with them(Wyat Drewes and Icarus Evolution - Blue Skies Bro!) were revered and above all, HONEST.

Anvil Brother #69

Sidelined with a 5mm C5-C6 herniated disk...
Back2Back slammers and 40yr old fat guys don't mix!

are you going straight to the top dog? Or to one of his USA guys?
If you want instant god service, phone Icarus in Spain and ask to speak to hector.
I know he provided the service I needed when I had enough with the other avenues. He is also a top guy and the main man for Icarus. I'm sure he will look after you.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

:D:D:D If you want good customer service call Spain?????? Are you serious? What about just giving good customer service?

I had the same problem with customer service when I bought my Saphire 2 in 2004, I guess it hasn't changed even though the person I was dealing with is deceased now. I don't want to talk about someone who is not here anymore but you if you do a search you can see what I thought about him when he was alive.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Well he is not getting good customer service from his USA Icarus department is he. Seeing Icarus is made in Spain, would it not be better for him to go straight to the people in charge to sort out his problem?
My guess is he sent it off to their repair centre(a DZ gear store) and got charged for the work he had done on it instead of actually sending it back to Icarus. Sedning it back to Icarus would involve sending it to Spain, Where Icarus is located and built (apart from the canopies built in New Zealand)

Aerdoyne has a rep in Europe, however european customers dont go to him to get canopy issues sorted out, they go to the company he works for that is located in the USA.

Why would you not go straight to the source?

When i deal with american manufacturers, i phone them up in america. When i deal with spanish manufacturers i phone them up in spain.

If he is not getting the service he thinks he deserves then I am certain their head office wants to hear about it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I called new zealand... I got someone on a cell phone who was obviously not at work... he gave me the number to an office somewhere and I got an answer to all the questions and concerns I had regarding icarus canopies immediately.

I cannot say that their customer service is anything but incredible!

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time dealing with them.

My canopy turned slightly left, different people tried it and came to the same conclusion.
Icarus test jumped it, don´t figured out the problem, and sent me a brand new canopy ;)
Maybe a example of an good representative!

I heard nothing but good about the (european) Icarus costumer service.

Was the canopy stored anywhere where fumes from solvents or heat or any other form of damaging agents might have been even a slight risk..
Also i would have thought that the people who sold you said canopy would be the ones to try to placate you, since they had the canopy all those years.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Paraconcepts is the Icarus Licensed service center. I would go straight to them rather than the person who sold you the canopy. They will just be going to them anyway

Paraconcepts deals with Spain and I deal with NZ Aerosports for the most part.

We still service canopies from both places although all of the warranty work from Spain, goes to Kirk now.

BS,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Yeah, their 30 day satisafction guarantee isn't worth much when you dont do 15+ jumps in one weekend or live close to a 24/7 DZ.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

how come you are res-surecting a thread that is nearly a year old?

I'd assume that he's doing it so that when it pulls up via search (for all of eternity), that it looks resolved instead of unresolved.

Makes sense to me...

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."