WrongWay

What do you do to get your mind off of stuff?

So I've been overly stressed recently, and I'm wondering what other people do to get their minds off of the every day stresses of life. I think my escape is being productive at something, like working on video or writing music.

What do you do to clear your mind? :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

On this site? You have to ask?! ;)

In all seriousness, 2 things clear me completely from everything and i focus on nothing but them while i am doing them. 1 is jumping, and the other is surfing. And out of the 2 i think surfing works better because you don't have the sitting around time (well you do in between waves but its different somehow....)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

music is always a good thing

friends are great too

anything that you can think of to make you smile is a plus - a good movie - book
keep your chin up and if you need to vent just let it out here - thats what we're here for
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I try to make a jump, but if all the DZs are closed around me, or the weather sucks (like right now), I try to schedule myself a massage. If that doesn't work, I turn the lava lamps on, plug in some Enigma or Enya, and open a cold one. That always helps. ;)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Stress is caused by chemicals released in the body.

I like to go to the fitness center (or ride my bike in the nature) if Im stressed or moody, physical tiredness after working out - and the chemicals (Endorfin for one) released in the body upon hard physical work will reduce the amounts of Adrenalin and Cortisol, and soothe the stress symptoms.

Plus it makes me feel better, on a mental state :)

I have never been able to do something else to make me forget about something thats bothering me. Instead I have to think about it until I come up with a resolution. When I'm running, I'm able to think clearly about one issue at a time and that usually helps me resolve things.

Skydive. Take your problems in the plane with you. Resolve to think about them in freefall. Do a solo jump on your belly & just watch the ground come up. Try to thing about those silly little things you thought were problems before you found yourself in freefall. The triviality of them should become immediately obvious.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

In case you have a problem sleeping:

I used to think about work at night. To let go of it I had to keep a pad of paper and pencil on my nightstand to write thoughts down on, then I could let them go and sleep much better.

Also there are some great relaxation tapes out there. I went thru anxiety attacks and depression a few years ago and one the things I came away with from it was the ability to relax in stressful situations.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

I like to swim laps...although unfortunately I haven't been good about finding an indoor pool since I moved. Running, weights, or sports in general are good too.

I also like to keep some paper and a pen handy and write things down. I usually end up tossing it later, but I like just getting it out of my head.

Sometimes I'll have a beer or a glass of wine, take a deep breath, and try and clear my mind for awhile and just think about what I'm going to do right at this exact moment, what can I do to make myself happy right now. Like, rent a movie, make something specific for dinner, run, nap, read a book, go shopping, go for a drive...

Calling good friends just to talk sometimes help. Or just doing something different, like a short vacation.