jumperconway

Serious Prayers Needed for One Of Our Own!

I've just returned from vacation, only to hear of this sad event. Some of the greatest gifts God could ever give is some true friends. Rico had an abundance of them, my prayers to him and his family.

If there is anything they may need let me know and I'll do my best to help. Is there a need to help with meals?

Excellent point.
I can cook if help is needed with meals.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i do not know rico or any of his friends or family, but i do send my most heartfelt wishes to a speedy recovery
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I just talked to Angie, his wife. This morning they weaned him off the heavy meds for a while and he came to and was giving acknowledgement by blinking his eyes to the doctor and nurse. They will do it again this afternoon after she gets back to the hospital. She was told that the damage is to #4,5 and 6 vertebrae. He wouldn't discuss anything else until she returns. This is all the info I was told. I don't know if he's moving anything else yet or has feeling anywhere. Angie is holding up well. Let's keep the prayers going. This is going to be a long slow road to whatever type of recovery they may hope to attain.

What part of town do they live in? I live in west Houston (roughly near Beltway 8 and Westheimer) and will gladly help out if there is anything I can do.

Walt

Modified for Elle:

Because I fly
I laugh more than other men
I look up an see more than they,
I know how the clouds feel,
What it's like to have the blue in my lap,
to look down on birds,
to feel freedom on the wind...

who but I can slice between God's billowed legs,
and feel then laugh and crash with His step
Who else has seen the unclimbed peaks?
The rainbow's secret?
The real reason birds sing?
Because I Fly,
I envy no man on earth.

Blue skies,

Jim

<<>> FROM CANADA

I compressed my T9 T10 vertibrae and they said lots of different things about my healing and i turned out just fine. It's been a year and a half and I should be jumping again by next year, maybe by the end of this but I don't want to push it. So take it easy and don't quite ;)

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

From Tom Martin,
Angela and I just left the hospital. They are doing surgery on him in a couple of days on his neck. When we left they were putting him in new bed that they can rotate his body in for more comfort. They are also moving him to a different room right down the hall. It just happens to be the same room that they had Tommy Thompson in last year. It will be eerie to see Rico in the same room. His mother said they took him off of the medication this morning to see how he was doing. He opened his eyes and they asked him to move his shoulders and he did. I have high hopes.

I feel this is great news this early on,
Conway

my prayers to you Rico & family... heal fast!

I can cook as well, believe it or not!

Conway, please let Angie know that if there is anything we can do to let us know.

Ditto... let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
Jen
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

... and they asked him to move his shoulders and he did.

Great news! Let us all pray for him and hope for the best.

One thing I realized last Sunday is that we have to beware of scumbags when the accidents happen. I was surprised and disgusted to find that one visitor (who apparently was accompanying a group of tandem passengers) found the accident so interesting so he decided to tape everything on his video camera. When I (politely) asked the guy what the heck he is doing, he replied that he is not taping, just looking at the rescue crew through his camera. >:(

She was told that the damage is to #4,5 and 6 vertebrae.

Do you know if it was C4-6 or T4-6?

If he's moving his shoulders that's definitely a good sign. Hopefully only the vertabrae itself was fractured but the spinal cord is still OK.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

My prayers added to the rest...that God holds Rico in His healing hands, and that God's strength flows into his wife and family, showing them that the road may be rough, but it can be walked, given time enough and courage.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I got a message from Angie tonite,
I asked her to check and see if there was any response from the lower extremities. None. I'm in tears now......:( Maybe time will change this, praise the Lord! Say a prayer for our friend that he may walk again! I was optimistic after the earlier word and am now saddenned.....

:(