PeteW

How many people have never done drugs?

Done a bunch and loved'em. Don't regret it
because I didn't get arrested and I am still alive.
Would I do it again? Absolutely but I also accept the risk and realize that it is extremely dangerous but so is a lot of sports that I enjoy..

Do I recommend it to others? No! However, if your
over 18 you're old enough to make your own decisions but you have to live with the consequences.

Under 18, NO! You're not accountable yet and that means someone else has to pay for your stupid mistakes.

Is it for everybody? No! And I respect those that have chose to abstain.

I agree with you but then again why does just being 18 make you accountable? Thats just a number society has arbitrarily determined to be the age at which we become adults. We all know people two or three times that age that don't take accountability for their actions (or people that never do). Besides, with regards to "illicit" drugs, the age of majority is essentially meaningless.

Oh. I forgot caffeine. In a recent lecture I attended about addiction I was told that if we knew then what we know now about caffeine, it would be an illegal drug. It is more widely abused than any other drug in our country. My wife and I spend over a hundred bucks a month on coffee. Damn.......

Nope (no illegal/illicit)...never trusted anyone that I was around enough to trust them to take care of me if something went wrong.

Now...no desire/interest in doing so. I've got too many good things going for me in life to risk it.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I have never done an illegal or illicit substance in my life. I have done drugs though, prescription drugs. As most of you know i hate illegal drugs and won't tolerate people who are UTI. I am also a proponent for random UTI's in our sport. If someone would rather experience skydiving than drugs, it would be a no brainer....right?
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I am not trying to preach or anything. But I have never done i any and have run into very few people that haven't either. I like to drink, and get drunk.

I saw some interesting stats on an ABC News special hosted by Ted Koppel a few years ago. I couldn't find the ABC numbers online, but I found these which are very similar:

Annual death rates:
- Tobacco: 390,000.
- Alcohol: 80,000.
- All illegal drugs combined: 4,500

Source: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/basicfax.htm#q3
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I don't use illicit drugs in fact I don't even smoke and I'll rarely even be seen drinking achohol...

I can lose my job for doing drugs and I like my job... so I don't do drugs. above and beyond the fact that I don't have any interest in trying anything.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Never done drugs wich brings another question I had in mind. Have you ever felt discriminated against cuz you don't do drugs, maybe discriminated is not the word for it but not invited to a party hang out or even a skydive because you're not part of the group that does drugs.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

I am not trying to preach or anything. But I have never done i any and have run into very few people that haven't either. I like to drink, and get drunk.

I saw some interesting stats on an ABC News special hosted by Ted Koppel a few years ago. I couldn't find the ABC numbers online, but I found these which are very similar:

Annual death rates:
- Tobacco: 390,000.
- Alcohol: 80,000.
- All illegal drugs combined: 4,500

Source: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/basicfax.htm#q3

exactly..

but as this thread illustrates so well, FAAAR too many people feel morally superior to others simply because they 'bought the party line' that asserts drugs are 'evil'

ignorance really should be painful...[:/]

Have you ever felt discriminated against cuz you don't do drugs, maybe discriminated is not the word for it but not invited to a party hang out or even a skydive because you're not part of the group that does drugs.

some people simply do not enjoy the 'morally superior' attitude many 'non-users' adopt... why would anyone ever wish to hang out with someone who judged them from such a position of ignorance and intolerance?

Illegal drugs were passed to me many a time in college, but I have never done any... at least not by my free will and knowledge. (Some girl that was after my boyfriend in college may have dropped something in my drink... but whether that happened or not, I'll never be sure ---- and that's a story for another time.) As far as trying illegal drugs, I guess I just had never had an interest. I figured I killed enough brain cells in college drinking and using potent spray mounts/chemicals with no ventilation in my lots of my art courses. I didn't need to add to that.

My older bro has shared a few of his 70's drug stories with me. Once I guy gave him some red pill and he was on a high for several days in a row. It was completely surreal. He said it was a total nightmare because he couldn't get off of it and didn't know when he'd get off of it. That story scared me a little -- just not feeling in control. I don't like that.

I am also a proponent for random UTI's in our sport.

Tell me Dick, how is your or anyone else's business what someone puts into thier body away from the dropzone?:S

Or are you speaking of being UTI while at the dz only?

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

Never done drugs wich brings another question I had in mind. Have you ever felt discriminated against cuz you don't do drugs, maybe discriminated is not the word for it but not invited to a party hang out or even a skydive because you're not part of the group that does drugs.

Nope...never been an issue. I've been offered them which I've politely turned down, and at the same time, I've never requested them to stop doing them. They are adults. They aren't hurting anyone, and it's their choice what to do with their own body. (And, I'll note right now so that there's no issue....this has been after hours.)

I guess it comes down to how you react/treat those that choose to partake. If you're rude or tell them they should quit, etc., you probably won't get asked to hang out with them. If you're polite and just say "no thank you," I don't see why there'd be an issue.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I was reading this thread and wondering how to phrase my response. Then I came across yours; you've just saved me the trouble. Attaboy.

I've taken my share of illegal drugs, drank lots and lots, and even smoked the (very) odd cigarette. However, I can count the number of times I've taken painkillers since the age of fourteen on one hand.

So I guess is like people that don't hang out with newbees because they have more experience and they are not part of the group.(Not a personnal attack to anyone), I have friends from all the walks of life that I hang out with without them feeling superior or me feeling the same way, But doesn,t sometimes dropzones feel like highschool with that bullshit going on???
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

>Have you ever felt discriminated against cuz you don't do drugs,
> maybe discriminated is not the word for it but not invited to a
>party hang out or even a skydive because you're not part of the
> group that does drugs.

It happens sometimes. I just don't care. A group that identifies themselves as "the drug users" are a group I don't really _want_ to party or jump with.

no it probably has more to do with the fact that the demonization attitude ingrained by our current cultural stance towards drugs has brainwashed many people into the mindset that they are evil and that anyone who does them must also be evil and therefore deserves the loss of freedom and liberty....

given the blatent intolerance and self appointed "safety nazi's" on this issue, no one involved wants to have to deal with someone they dont know spreading rumors about something that is REALLY no one else's business..

I hang out with, party, play and jump with people i trust. I do many things (but VERY few drugs, easily less than most who claim they 'never') that some might find distasteful, immoral, or otherwise. Some are legal, some are not... unless i trust you more than i trust the government, I'm not about to include you on anything not officially condoned.

Tell me Dick,

I do not appreciate you calling me by that name. the only motive you could possibly have is to get a raise out of me. Ain't happening. I've got a dick, but it's not in my name. I consider you addressing me in that manner a personal attack, much as you would if i addressed you by Dick Head.

how is your or anyone else's business what someone puts into thier body away from the dropzone?

I never said it was anybody's business, i merely made the statement that i am a proponent for random UTI's. My opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Or are you speaking of being UTI while at the dz only?

As i've said in the past, i don't think anyone has the right to jeprodize anyone else's life, at home, at work, up to and including the DZ. Take from that what you will.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

...I've never tested/tried/done any drugs.....I tried smoking once at 17...didn't like it.......

every now and then I'll drink shots with dz peeps that's all.........
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

No offense Rich, Richard, Rick?
(grumpy?)

I thought that's what you were called a few months back when I was in Texas, must have been someone else.

My apologies

You said "i don't think anyone has the right to jeprodize(jeopardize) anyone else's life, at home, at work, up to and including the DZ"

Common sense, but if this intrusive test shows anything but real time UTI, then it's nuts.
"Take from that what you will."

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

. As most of you know i hate illegal drugs and won't tolerate people who are UTI. ?

Im curious, what is the reason for your hatred of illegal drugs?
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+