alanab

cheap car insurance

My son just bought a new truck, and he's had a number of speeding tickets. His insurance is now $250 a month:o
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

USAA is good, but you have to be military or a military dependant to be able to use it.

I have had 1 accident and 2 tickets (one of which I had removed because I know the cops in the area). I pay around $87 a month.

I can't wait until I turn 25 and it drops.

Have you applied for all possible discounts with Progressive? Ask your agent to see what they offer i.e anti-theft devices, daytime running lights, good student discount (if you're still in school) may be able to lower you insurance rates a bit.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

It sounds ghetto I know, but if they are gonna drop you, 1-800-safe-auto covers high risk drivers. With them, on a positive note, you get a 5% discount for every six months you go without an offense.

Geico I hear is pretty good as well for cost.
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

where the hell can i get some with more than a few tickets on my record?

Step away from the car...let someone else drive!:P

I'm surprised Geico hasn't made into this thread yet....
:D

Alana, I would love to be your chauffer.:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I pay about $760 a year with State Farm, I also have a renters insurance policy through them so I am sure that helps my auto rate.
And for some reason about 6 months after I started with them, I got a speeding ticket and a couple of months later, they lowered my insurance, not sure why, but I wasn't going to ask any questions!

where the hell can i get some with more than a few tickets on my record?
right now im paying $135/month with progressive... and i just got a ticket this weekend.
who is good and cheap for car insurance?

When it last ran my bike ran under $200 a year for full coverage since I bought it new in 1998. Before that I paid under $100 for for collision only. Presumably you can't do as much damage with a motorcycle and most people don't ride during the winter, although that doesn't explain the low comprehensive rate.

I pay $250 a year for my Toyota from Farmer's. No collision, no comprehensive, and no medical coverage really keeps it cheap.

Then there's my Audi at $1100 and change. Dropped $100/year when I lost the redundant medical coverage. Protecting you against theft and from your mistakes is not cheap.

People I know in downtown Denver pay a lot more. So you might drive a less expensive car that doesn't need full coverage and avoid living/working in urban areas.

Geico has been good to me and you can make quarterly payments. I think you can do monthly also but not 100%. You can take care of everything online, I love it, use the site all the time and would recommend it. I have not filed a claim or anything like that so maybe other have different experiences. Hope this helps.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Have you applied for all possible discounts with Progressive? Ask your agent to see what they offer i.e anti-theft devices, daytime running lights, good student discount (if you're still in school) may be able to lower you insurance rates a bit.

Geico and Progressive don't have agents - they're direct marketers. They have Customer Service reps instead.

Geico and Progressive don't have agents - they're direct marketers. They have Customer Service reps instead.

I hereby stand rebuked, but Customer Service representatives is what I meant.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

It's ok. :)
...back to topic. Be VERY careful about getting insurance from some less reputable carriers, even if it may be the "cheapest". They may be the cheapest for a reason, like unable or unwilling to pay claims. Check their credit rating. If they are not in the A range (by one of the major rating agencies like AM Best, Moodys or Standard & Poor), then be suspect. They could go out of business while your policy is in force.

I hate to tell you, but the tickets are, in fact, killing you. There's a correlation between them and accidents, which is what insurers get stuck with.

Can you drop your coverage to some lower level (e.g. drop collision and comprehensive). Otherwise, you might just have to adjust your driving habits if you can't find cheaper insurance.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I hate to tell you, but the tickets are, in fact, killing you. There's a correlation between them and accidents, which is what insurers get stuck with.

Can you drop your coverage to some lower level (e.g. drop collision and comprehensive). Otherwise, you might just have to adjust your driving habits if you can't find cheaper insurance.

Wendy W.

Listen to the wise lady...

Wendy, you sound cool. Sorry you're not coming to Byron.

who is good and cheap for car insurance?

well i pay 85 a month to cover my car and my rv..... but i have a clean record and am over 25... looks like in a few years you could have cheap insurance too, untill then keep your nose clean and it will happen eventually....... that's what keeps me outof tickets is thinking of my cheap insurance..........