Buried

Why Metric system over American standard?

I dont get why other countries are sticking with the metric system.:S what are these "mm" or "cm" or "m". why haven't they converted yet? GET WITH THE TIMES. I mean america has been a preceived world power for over 50+ yrs! We should force other countries to use the american standard and if not invade them until our system is used.:|

:D;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

In reality once you learn it is much simplier to use.

Our system is abstract.

Not that I have fully implemented the metric system but I do want to work on it.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I dont get why other countries are sticking with the metric system.:S what are these "mm" or "cm" or "m". why haven't they converted yet? GET WITH THE TIMES. I mean america has been a preceived would power for over 50+ yrs! We should force other countries to use the american standard and if not invade them until our system is used.:|

HA! :D

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

I for one cannot understand what happened to the metric system initiative that was begun in the 1970s (Metric Conversion Act of 1975)!

If we had just bitten the bullet, we'd be all-metric now.

And why go metric? Because the units aren't arbitrary! It's all based upon the Meter, which is the wavelength of Hydrogen, the simplest and most common element in the universe! >:(

At least one deep-space mission has been lost because technicians goofed when converting! >:(>:(>:(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I for one cannot understand what happened to the metric system initiative that was begun in the 1970s (Metric Conversion Act of 1975)!

What happened is no one saw any compelling reason to use kilometers instead of meters, or 354ml instead of 12oz.

And so few of us know how to cook that it doesn't matter if some people suffer through the ridiculousness of teaspoon/tablespoon, cup/pint/quart/gallon.

I dont get why other countries are sticking with the metric system.:S what are these "mm" or "cm" or "m". why haven't they converted yet? GET WITH THE TIMES. I mean america has been a preceived world power for over 50+ yrs! We should force other countries to use the american standard and if not invade them until our system is used.:|

I think, when we broke ties with England... we BROKE ties!:D

Chuck

I like the metric system, but say 'Fuck the French' anyway.

:P

Thanks, my dear JACKASS, but I already have my own provider!:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I think, when we broke ties with England... we BROKE ties!:D

Chuck

damn and i thought Bush and blaire were fucking each other
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Think base-10 has anything to do with the number of our fingers?

For the life of me, I can't figure out where 12 or 16 (16 oz to lb) came from. Was a family of merchants deformed somewheres along the line?

Things pack easily by the dozen . . 3 X 4.

And a gallon divided by two is a half gallon, divided by two is a quart, divided by two is a pint, divided by two is a cup. . . I think that's how is got this way.

You know they tried to do this once and spent alot of money trying to convince people. Americans are just too lazy to change their ways. The commission to do this is still around, but it's like 2 guys in a basement in D.C. They teach all science at the college level with the metric system now though.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

My kids' poo in the backyard weighs 20 tons. Amazing.

To say the least. Ever thought of using a dumspter?:|

:P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

use the american standard

The real problem is that "american standard" is the British Imperial system.

I have been suggesting for some time that the Americans need to get out from under the jack boot of British Imperialism and go metric.

Didn't you people stage a little revolution a while back? Why are you people still using the British system?
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy