jmpnkramer

Naked Skydiving

Should there be a standard for jumping naked?

I mean I am sure there are plenty of people that we all would prefer not to see naked. A fatty with flab a flapping all over is definitely not attractive. [:/] :o

I am sure in their own mind they are sexy, fabulous, and great! YEAH RIIIIIIIGHT! :S

Should there be a fitness level or certain look set? If so, then by what or whose standards should be utilized?

Should there be a staging area and separate landing spot for naked jumps?

Should it even be allowed?

Some jumpers cannot get babysitters and have to bring their children to the DZ. It is not fair to them. They are just trying to enjoy themselves.

At the bigger drop zones there are many spectators who might frown upon such a thing. These are potential customers and supporters when certain political issues arise.

Do we want to lose customers or support? :(

Should there be Nudist Drop Zones like Beaches and Communities?

This is a serious matter, so think about it long and hard! :ph34r::D;)B|

Laters,

K-Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|B|

- I will not be around until later to review the results or rebut replies. Thank you for your patience. :)

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

If someone wants to skydive naked, they should be allowed to, as long as they are discrete about it and don't offend anyone. If, in the plane, there are people who don't want to look, when the naked person gets TOTALLY naked, then just don't look.

Flabby, wobbly, fat, skinny, we are all entitled to pride in our own bodies and not only people with stunning bodies enjoy the feeling of skinny-dipping, or skinny-diving!!

I agree that people may be offended as nudity is not exactly everyone's cup of tea, but if the nude person, is prepared to be discrete and to not parade around naked and is prepared to land a little way away from everyone else. I think it definately should be allowed.

PS, IT ROCKS!!

:ph34r:
www.sneale-create.com

I don't think I have seen anyone actually look good naked in free fall. All the videos I have seen have always looked ridiculous. Should anyone feel the need to prove me wrong, feel free to post pictures here. It is my opinion that since everyone looks equally funny no standards should be set.

Furthermore, on the off chance that some hot chick is gonna have boobies that are firm enough to look good in free fall, I would say it should be allowed. B|
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

its not about what you look like.
I mean really, how many times are you in freefall looking a someones jumpsuit and think "those colors are all wrong" or "thats a fat ass in that jump suit"?:|
its about the skydive, its fun.
Yea it should be planned, discrete, and all efforts should be taken that others dont get offended.

I have seen it done very well.

:)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I saw a documentary called Pleasure Seekers on a UK TV channel. One thread was about a group of older women going on package holidays to get their rocks off with young men, but the other story was about two skydivers who wanted to jump naked. They were British guys jumping at Empuria in northern Spain. Spain is kind of conservative so the DZO or manifest took a lot of persuading before they allowed it. Even when they gave permission the landing had to made as far away from the main landing area as possible and the guys had to wear trousers until they got into the plane.

Hmmmmm....skydivers, wild and crazy parties, free-flowing beer, hook-ups everywhere....I don't think naked jumping is off the meter for this crowd....

DO NOT LET THE CONSERVATIVES TAKE OVER SKYDIVING!

If you do, they will have you jumping in business suits and chastity belts while drinking Perrier.

:o:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

nobody looks good naked in freefall. the best thing to do is wear shorts over your rig, have the pilot give you a second pass so you can get completely naked after the non-participants get out, and land away from the spectator area. this way nobody who isn't involved has to see nakedness except the pilot, and we all know how conservative skydiver drivers are.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Well let's see... I was stuck between Peanut (we all know why he's called that now) and another tandem (aged roughly 55 and out of shape) doing naked jumps. Humm, yeah, I'm definately scared for life, but hey, if they feel so inclined do to so, then let them jump. But I do think a little bit of warning would have been nice[:/]

Orfun #21... thanks PsychoBob!

Should there be a standard for jumping naked?
Should there be a fitness level or certain look set?
Should there be a staging area and separate landing spot for naked jumps?
Should it even be allowed?
Some jumpers cannot get babysitters and have to bring their children to the DZ. At the bigger drop zones there are many spectators who might frown upon such a thing.

Ok 1st thing is 1st..
The jump itself is the most exilerating feeling in the world! The most free you will ever feel...It is truely amazing then to be able to share that will some of your friends is incredible!
There is not one person on a DZ that will look good while doing a naked jump. I dont care if you are fit or not, skin moves at 120+...it happens...Who really cares what you look like while skydiving naked? You dont judge who you jump with *clothes on* based solely on looks alone...
At least at my DZ if a naked jump is planned in advance we usually pick a spot to land, still on the airport, away from the main landing area... This makes it so that there is no Whuffos, airport ppl, kids, etc. that can see us. Everyone gets dressed while still away from the hanger.
We actually did one this past weekend for my buddies 1000th jump. We did the jump close to sunset and all landed together away from the main landing area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

We actually did one this past weekend for my buddies 1000th jump. We did the jump close to sunset and all landed together away from the main landing area.

I can vouch for the fact that it feels amazing!!! what a rush!! I was unable to get anyone to go naked with me, but if anyone else wants to do it and needs company, i'd be up for it again!

B|
XX
www.sneale-create.com

So.... when are gonna do a Skyride and start the SMSA?

That's "Super Model Skydiving Association", by the way....[:/]

Seems logical, given this thread and your other about how skydivers aren't in shape.

God forbid we should do it because it's fun and we like it...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You are bored, aren't you :ph34r:

Nope, no standards. Not even for surfer chicks. Or middle-aged ladies. If you're willing to risk being taken to the hospital after a naked skydive (if it's not life-threatening, they'll laugh :P), then fine.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

There should absolutely be standards, and you must check with me to make sure that you meet them. Either pictures of what will be exposed, or in person inspection is sufficient...

If you're a guy, I'll subcontract the work out to our female constituents(sp)

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

:)

REGULATE EVERYTHING
We are not responsible adults to regulate for ourselves. Everyone else must be responsible for us, wouldnt want to leave a black spot, er or would it be a white spot, ok probably a translucent-once-dried spot on our sport that we love.

First regulation..size and weight requirements, followed by the AQ...attractiveness quotient. Yes some people can have a drop dead luscious body, but does no good if you hurl when you see the face. The whole cancellation thing we learned in math class - damn and I didnt think I would ever use math in real life. So once the appropriate tests are passed (proctored of course by a reliable judge, hand selected of course) all eligible jumpers must be appropriately oiled. It gets kinda chilly at alti and we must be mindful of glucose levels, so the warming and the flavored oils are required. The DZ is required to have on staff an expert oiler and enough oil in stock since the jumpers can not be trusted to remember to have their own.

Second regulation: The naked jumpers should have their own plane, equipped with Haz-Mat crew on standby. It would be a public health hazard to leave juicy seats. Installation of the seat protector dispenser would not be effective enough because, lets face it we are not responsible enough to use them. Me personally, I prefer to make origami tandem passengers for the ride down. Or if the ride to altitude is particularly long (and hopefully in a skyvan), make enough paper jumpers for a large hybrid formation..complete with skysurfer to surf the outside of the formation.

Third regulation: Separate landing area. Yes it is necessary, for health reasons again, need to have a second Haz-Mat crew for the LZ to properly sanitize the ground after the jump. THe landing area should be directly in front of the most viewer friendly area of the DZ. Cant let such awesome scenery go to waste. No jumper is allowed to wrap themselves with their canopies upon landing, that would cause another disinfection step...and there is no telling what those chemicals will do to the canopy, we have to protect them as well - they have no voice for which to protect themselves.

If any visitor is offended, the standard answer of 'wardrobe malfunction' will be used since we all know a gust of wind aloft will result in complete obliteration of all clothing. Wardrobe malfunction is commonplace in the politically correct realm so, no worries for political fall-out.
Skydivers' kids, really not a huge concern...they are skydivers' kids after all and most likely go to public school. The likelihood of them being near is slim, since they will be required to be in the 'daycare' section of the DZ designated for children.

Fourth regulation: Before being allowed to pack their canopies all jumpers regardless of jump numbers or license must first have their logbook signed by a witness to the jump, a witness who witnessed the witnessing of the jump, a witness witnessing the signing of the logbook, a witness witnessing the witnessing of the signing and every staff member employed at the DZ. We all know the jump numbers are the truth off all life in this sport, so we have to make sure no one can cheat the system.

Fifth regulation: Since tan lines will adversely affect the way nonjumpers look at us naked, all naked skydivers are required to have their rigs equipped with the tan-through fabric to maximize skin exposure to the sun and abolish the oh so dreadful white ring.

Other regulations will be implemented at will and undoubtedly retroactive. New SIMS will be available online immediately and in hard version as soon as the ink is dry.
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Did a fat guy or girl sit on you when you were a kid?

You seem to be very occupied with other people’s physic.

If you are worried about how you look on a naked jump or the way others look I think you have missed the point. It is about freedom not being sexy.

Next thing you will be asking why Gucci doesn’t make a container.

Last question.

Do you have a mirror? Used it some time. I think that might lower the standards you seem to set for others.;)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

You are bored, aren't you :ph34r:

Nope, no standards. Not even for surfer chicks. Or middle-aged ladies. If you're willing to risk being taken to the hospital after a naked skydive (if it's not life-threatening, they'll laugh :P), then fine.

Wendy W.

Seems that way, huh? But maybe now that he's back to work!! (time heals most femur fractures)

and I loved the regulatory restrictions offered above because I need the government telling me all about what's best for me!!! Should we submit those to USPA or Congress or ? (a bit of sarcasm there)B|B|

For the record... I say, Have fun. Don't hurt anyone and live it full. If that means jumping naked... go for it!!:D:D

No standard / allow it. I've only done 1, but I'd recommend it to anyone willing to try it. Plus the 75 year old woman doing a tandem sitting behind me really seemed to appreciate it...honestly. I found it worked well to wear boxers over my harness until jump run and then stuff them into my helmet. You can put them back on after landing.

There are exceptions, but most people fit enough to skydive should look somewhat decent naked, but then considering it's an 85% male sport...You take the occasional good with the bad.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative