Girlfalldown

Are you a complicated sleeper?

I can't sleep in socks, I don't know why nor do I care to understand why. ...I need at least 2 pillows.
:|

Ditto! Even if I'm really cold I'll put socks on and go to bed but I end up tearing them off eventually. Soooo uncomfortable!

My honey teases me because I have like 8 pillows on my bed at home. Some are for show, those are the nice ones. The ratty ones are the only ones I can sleep with.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I just don't sleep very well. Ever.

Since I was about 16 I have tossed and turned and woken up about once every few hours every night. [:/]

I also need to have a TOTALLY empty bladder before I can fall asleep. :ph34r:

the only place I sleep well is on a metro car. I need my room to move just like that and I will be fine!
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Not me.

I sleep like a cat. I can just lie down anywhere & nap. Sometimes if I'm driving a long distance & I get tired, I'll pull over at a rest stop, put the seat back all the way, and snooze for about 15 minutes. It works great.

I feel sorry for fussy sleepers. I had a GF once who was like that. A drippy faucet or anything would keep her awake. And she couldn't nap in the car like I can. For her to sleep everything had to be JUST SO. it would suck to be that way, IMHO.

You're very lucky and it really does suck for me sometimes. I wish I could sleep anywhere.

Here's something weird. Every once in a while, if I'm not feeling well and I'm at work, I can lay on the ground and put my calfs/feet up on a chair and fall asleep for a few minutes. That's the only way I can ever cat-nap but I have to be really sick.

--------------

Sometimes I have problems sleeping due to my intensely vivid dreams...full color. I have a tendancy to talk in my sleep as well. It happens randomly...and even more when I am stressed out.

Oh yeah, I've talked in my sleep. I've had full conversations. It's such an eerie feeling. The dreaming thing is just insane for me. I can have a dream, wake up and go pee, come back to bed and the dream will continue when I go back to sleep. That happened just the other night actually. I think it's dream season or something.

--------------

I will talk and have my eyes open. I've done this on several ocassions.

I have very vivid dreams and I also have dreams of stuff that hasn't happened. My dreams also help me figure things out that I normally can't figure out on a conscious level or haven't thought about on a conscious level. I also have lucid dreams. I normally wake up in a pretty good mood because I can turn bad dreams (if I am having them) into good ones. However, when I was a child, I would wake up screaming from a dream (actually a nightmare) that I still have to this day.

I also have to find the cold spot in the bed and make it warm and I also do the cold spot pillow flip. My pillow (that Spence has had the possession of for a month now) has been missed. I cannot wait to get it back this weekend!!

I don't like my knees touching either and will put the comforter and sheet between my legs.

Planes, Trains, Automobiles... sleep in all those with out any issues at all. Curled in a ball or streched out I'm a sound sleeper. I perfer to have at least a sheet covering me but can do with out in a pinch. Clothes on, clothes off... no difference. Indoor, outdoors... same thing to me. I can take a light wind blowing by if its a really strong one I'm a tad uncomfy. I sleep through lighting storms, power outages, pets walking on me and 2 alarm clocks going off at the same time.

Then again a slight noise can cause me to wake up and I'll never go back to sleep sometimes. :S

Take my comfy pillows and I'll shoot you though. They are just the right amount of fluffyness for me. Its taken a long time to get them that way too.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I sleep tightly snuggled almost every night to my partner, like puzzle pieces that go together in a specific way. I do like having a little white noise, but I have never been able to sleep with a tv or radio, I just want to stay awake and be distracted. I like sleeping on my side with a lovely feather/down pillow. I hate hotel foam pillows and usually bring my own along if there's space.
And for the first time in my life I can sleep with a foot out of the covers sometimes because I finally am fairly confident that the boogie man won't grab it. But I still can't bring myself to hang it over the edge of the bed. TOO SCARY!!

You say, what's that sound coming out of the hole in the wood?

Planes, Trains, Automobiles... sleep in all those with out any issues at all. Curled in a ball or streched out I'm a sound sleeper. I perfer to have at least a sheet covering me but can do with out in a pinch. Clothes on, clothes off... no difference. Indoor, outdoors... same thing to me. I can take a light wind blowing by if its a really strong one I'm a tad uncomfy. I sleep through lighting storms, power outages, pets walking on me and 2 alarm clocks going off at the same time.

You and so many others are so damn lucky. I wish I could sleep that way.

--------------

The only thing that bugs me are certain noises. The piece of shit windows in my dorm room rattle when it's windy, so on windy nights, I have to sleep with earplugs in.

When I first moved to San Francisco we had these cheap ass windows that were totally thin and so old they rattled in their frames when the wind blew, which was every single night. I'd get up and stuff tissue paper into the frame to stop it but then the wind would whistle through the little gaps. UGH that drove me fucking crazy!

--------------

The only thing that bugs me are certain noises. The piece of shit windows in my dorm room rattle when it's windy, so on windy nights, I have to sleep with earplugs in.

When I first moved to San Francisco we had these cheap ass windows that were totally thin and so old they rattled in their frames when the wind blew, which was every single night. I'd get up and stuff tissue paper into the frame to stop it but then the wind would whistle through the little gaps. UGH that drove me fucking crazy!

There was one time last year I was so pissed off at the rattles that I took the windows out, and just let the storm blow in my room. Threw my camping tarp over my electronics and went to bed.
cavete terrae.

If ive had enough to drink: I can sleep anywhere, anytime.

the rest of the time.
I cant stand light, even slight moon light, I like it to be pitch black.
I prefer it to be cold so I can pile on the covers, a fast moving celing fan works ok.
Music, no particular kind, just no country, and no rap, hip-hop, etc. Mostly I listen to trancy, acid-jazzy stuff.
Dont breathe on me, or youll sleep alone.
Ill stay awake until im ready to fall over dead cuz I ABSOLUTELY hate laying awake in bed, if I cant sleep, I get up and do something.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I need 2 pillows to sleep. The one under my head has to be a small feather/down pillow that's understuffed and the other one has to be long and flat so I can sleep with it on my side and cuddle it between my arms and legs because I can't stand my skin touching itself!

For some reason I can't sleep with someone breathing on me. If I can feel breath on my back, neck, ear, whatever, I have to pull the covers up to block it.

Mos def;) I actually sleep very well, despite being extremely high-strung during the day, always on the go-go-go.

My boy-toy is my 2nd pillow and I have to stick my leg between his--we rotate this way together all night--it's digustingly cute;)

But, (and warning, this is pretty GROSS:P) until recently, I had a very small down pillow I'd had since I was 8 years old (I'm 25 now) so it was 17 years old w/ stains all over it (but I frequently washed it to make myself feel less icky about it). I tried to find other pillows to replace it and NOTHING worked--they were all fake feather (b/c since I was 11 I stopped buying feathers, fur, whatever---became semi-vegan, etc) and way too big, since over the years, most of the feathers had escaped and the pillow was REALLY small and fit perfectly under my head not touching my face, but supporting my neck still.

I CAN'T sleep if the pillow is too big and touches my cheek (I sleep most often on my side). PETA would kill me, but I had to break down and buy a new 100% down feather extra small pillow (I justified it b/c my previous one lasted 17 years--whatever I have to tell myself:P). It took a night or two to get used to, b/c it was still bigger than my old one, but I feel a lot less icky now. And I take it with me EVERYWHERE if it's an overnight trip.

And like you, I can't stand if I feel the breath on my back/neck. Ughlllah>:(
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Anyone else see a gender based pattern forming here?
I've never known a woman who didn't have trouble sleeping, or a guy who couldn't nod off while rolling down a hill. Personally I've drifted off in classes, leaning over a desk at work and twice during one shower. ....OK that one was alcohol related.

I think chicks are just too sensitive to outside sh*t and inside worries.
I've also never seen one who's comfortable with the same room temperature for more than 5 minutes.

Of course, I know of nothing that can help you.:|
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

must have fan on as well.

hate little noises. the worse kind is when door isn't closed all the way (u know, till it CLICKS) and the wind keeps moving it that 1/2 inch back and forth.

have to sleep in the raw, even in coldest winter. I slept under a ton of down stuff last year it was so cold.

likey snuggling in morning, but definitely not at night. a little after doing the "shalanky-danky-do" and we are talking, but when it is sleepty-time, spread out.

oh yeah, when the phone rings really late, I think it is that guy from the movie "when a stranger calls", which is really messed up.:o

I used to LOVE sleeping in classrooms in school. Pile a few books up and out I'd go. Or the better ones was where I would fall asleep proping my head up and then my head would roll off and just about slam into the desk before I'd catch it. :$
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Nope...only time I have issues sleeping is when im stressed or depressed. Otherwise I sleep like a rock. And hell half the time even when I am stressed or depressed I sitll sleep like a rock! :ph34r: Sleep is my friend!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I have to push a big fat cat off my chest about a dozen times until he gets the message that if I can't breathe, I can't sleep.

That's the cutest thing:P My big, fat cat usually sleeps at the foot of the bed, but occassionally comes up b/w us and PUUUURRRRS.

My old doggie used to snore pretty loudly when he got older, but I couldn't bare to ever push him out of bed, and I'm so happy to have shared my bed with him during his last nights before he passed.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Im pretty close to Phree...except I dont sleep well in automobiles...anywhere else is game. I also have been told that no one falls asleep as fast as me. I have had gf's that dont even get the chance to say goodnight before I'm out.

Here's to the Breezes that blows through the Trezzez.....

When I sleep with my honey I like to have a part of me touching him, even if it's just a foot touching a leg.

I'm the same way, except I'm weirder about it. If I'm sleeping anywhere near him, like even if he's driving and I'm sleeping in the passenger seat, he's got to be touching me somehow (like his hand on my hip or something).

:)
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie