Girlfalldown

Are you a complicated sleeper?

Do you have sleep issues? You know those weird things that have to be just right or you can't sleep?
I'm realizing more and more that I'm sort of a sleep freak.

I wear earplugs every night. Even if it's totally silent outside. I think that's so my own snoring doesn't wake me up.

I need 2 pillows to sleep. The one under my head has to be a small feather/down pillow that's understuffed and the other one has to be long and flat so I can sleep with it on my side and cuddle it between my arms and legs because I can't stand my skin touching itself!

For some reason I can't sleep with someone breathing on me. If I can feel breath on my back, neck, ear, whatever, I have to pull the covers up to block it.

I can't sleep if there's ANYTHING blinking. If Like a clock or a radio that's not set I have to unplug it. If it's just a clock I usually have to cover it with something so I can't see it because the light will penetrate through my eyelids and drive me crazy!

Another weird thing, if there's a watch that ticks or a clock on the wall that ticks I can hear it from all the way across the room. "tick tick tick". It drives me mad! I have to bury the watch under a towel or something and take the batteries out of the clock. This is even with earplugs in! It's like I have this super-human hearing or something.

I feel like such a freak!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I'm a high-maintenance sleeper as well.

I HAVE to sleep with a fan or something that makes a similar noise. It has to be cool in the room. I need one firm pillow. I can't sleep unless a blanket is covering me. I can't sleep if someone is talking, but I can sleep to a tv.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I generally sleep very well as long as I am not in a moving vehicle of any kind. For some reason I just cannot sleep in a car or airplane at all.

Noises don't bother me, but the lack of noise does. I did a backpacking trip earlier this summer and we spent a few nights well above treeline. It was dead silent and I had a very difficult time sleeping. I sleep the best when I am camping if I am next to a river and can hear the dull roar of a nearby rapid.

I have to have white nose, so I have a fan blowing in my room. It can't be blowing on me though because I can't stand that feeling.

It's weird, but normally when I sleep with someone, I get up real close to them, if not touching them. I've always been that way, I guess it's the body heat.

I have to have a bottle of water or glass of water by my bed.

Wow ...all I got to say to that is...

it sucks to be you .... very polite manner:P

Ever wake yourself up laughing hysterically or crying... now that's weird and I've done both:S;)

I've totally done that! I dream constantly and for some reason I remember a lot of them. I've woke up so frightened that I had to turn on all the lights in my room and check the closet and under the bed. This was like 2 months ago, not when I was 6. :S

--------------

I have to have white nose, so I have a fan blowing in my room. It can't be blowing on me though because I can't stand that feeling.

It's weird, but normally when I sleep with someone, I get up real close to them, if not touching them. I've always been that way, I guess it's the body heat.

I can do the fan but no air can touch me AT ALL! If the air is shifting too much I have to turn it off.

When I sleep with my honey I like to have a part of me touching him, even if it's just a foot touching a leg.

I have to have the water next to the bed too.

--------------

It sucks when it's scarey and your spooked when you wake up but laughing your head of and slapping donw on your leg is freakin weird... Suddenly you go to a straight face once you realize what your doing. That sucks even more when your caught by someone and there laughing too...lol:D

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

I wear earplugs every night

I used to do this.... I've never known anyone else who wears earplugs. HA :)
I'm not too bad, but there are a few things that I have to have... I have an orthopedic pillow for my head (hypertrophied muscles in my neck and jaw), helps the tension headaches... I have a very soft/squishy pillow that is cuddled between my legs and arms. White noise (typically a fan) is usually good for me to drown out things that will wake me.

I used to sleep with pepper spray due to paranoia of someone breaking in - then a baseball bat... I am now able to sleep without worry.

When I'm not home, I sleep horribly unless I have a warm body next to mine to cuddle with (I am a heat seeker). :S

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

I wear earplugs every night

I used to do this.... I've never known anyone else who wears earplugs. HA :)
I'm not too bad, but there are a few things that I have to have... I have an orthopedic pillow for my head (hypertrophied muscles in my neck and jaw), helps the tension headaches... I have a very soft/squishy pillow that is cuddled between my legs and arms. White noise (typically a fan) is usually good for me to drown out things that will wake me.

I used to sleep with pepper spray due to paranoia of someone breaking in - then a baseball bat... I am now able to sleep without worry.

When I'm not home, I sleep horribly unless I have a warm body next to mine to cuddle with (I am a heat seeker). :S

g

Damn! I have a gun but no bullets in my room. I figured I could always just bludgeon someone with it if it came to that.

As for heat, for some reason I get really hot when I sleep so I usually don't like cuddling for too long.

--------------

Myself I'm one who sleeps with the blanket almost over my head and loves heat ;) No noise problems, just back! lol

I used to sleep with the blankets or sheet over my head when I was a kid because I thought someone was going to come in and slit my throat. I figured when the guy came in to chop my head off with that huge knife the sheet would protect me. Did I mention I had an older brother that used to make me watch horror movies when I was way too young? :S:D

--------------

Yes, I have sleep issues.

It has to be dark.

If I'm totally worn out I can fall asleep with the TV on otherwise it needs to be pretty quiet.

I can't sleep in socks, I don't know why nor do I care to understand why.

I can't sleep in anything that moves- cars, planes, buses, trains.... you name it!

I need at least 2 pillows.

I can rarely fall asleep if someone is touching me, at all, even if its just a foot (and especially if it is covered in a sock)

And I too can not have people breathing on me as I'm trying to fall asleep.

:|

Same for me....all of it.

Sometimes I have problems sleeping due to my intensely vivid dreams...full color. I have a tendancy to talk in my sleep as well. It happens randomly...and even more when I am stressed out.
F LORIDA!

yea I talk to, its interesting when Clay describes our conversations that I have no memory of. There was one where he talked to me alot, hearing about it the next day, I kinda got annoyed...

im so glad i dont remember his interrogations B|
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Not me.

I sleep like a cat. I can just lie down anywhere & nap. Sometimes if I'm driving a long distance & I get tired, I'll pull over at a rest stop, put the seat back all the way, and snooze for about 15 minutes. It works great.

I feel sorry for fussy sleepers. I had a GF once who was like that. A drippy faucet or anything would keep her awake. And she couldn't nap in the car like I can. For her to sleep everything had to be JUST SO. it would suck to be that way, IMHO.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------