davedlg

What percentage of your annual income do you spend on skydiving?

Do I get to include the $60,000+ in surgery, xrays, medications, therapy, braces, crutches, etc. that I spent because of a stupid move this season?

If so, nearly 100%

If not, I'd have to do some math...
"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

Did you spend the $60,000?...if so by all means include it. If your insurance spent it on your behalf..nope. B|

insurance??? what is this thing you speak of??:D

I spent about 25% of my normal income on skydiving. I use my bonuses and the like to pay for skydiving though.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Actually, I got really lucky--in many ways. The insurance company covered about $57,000 of the $60,000. So, I got off only spending what I probably would have jumping all summer.

And now, thanks to my hero, Dr. Zhu, I'm jumping with a titanium reinforced left heel and a slightly curvy spine.
"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

I dont want to know.
All I do know is, after I pay bills and go skydive, I wonder if I have enough money to get me till my next paycheck.:|

But, recently ive spent more than i ever have on skydiving, and Ive done more jumps in the least amount of time over the past 3 months. Moving to a big city helped a lot!

Its only money. Ill make more! :S:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I dont want to know.
All I do know is, after I pay bills and go skydive, I wonder if I have enough money to get me till my next paycheck.:|

my thoughts exactly - I am too scared to make the calculation...:|

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

WAY TOO MUCH... Especially if you include all the hospital bills i've had to pay :P

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

probably 50-60% here. If you include travel expenses for boogies, canopies, wingsuits, jumpsuits, etc it might be close to 70%. If you include the cases of beer, that's about 80%. Then toss in all the times I've eaten out with skydiving buddies and it probably gets close to 90%.

If you calculate how much more money I could make if I wasn't spending so much of my working time discussing how much I spend on skydiving on dz.com, and include the opportunity cost of my skydiving obsession, I'd say that I probably spend (or dont make) about 200% of my current income on skydiving.

When the IRS finds out how much taxes I've paid over the last year and a half, I'll probably be in jail, spending 0% on skydiving [:/]

You forgot the option "Refuse to calculate." :D I'd probably cry if I ever figured out how much I spend on skydiving. It's much better just to know that I'm having fun and enjoying life and not think about it.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Ditto. 25% of gross income here. That's before-tax income, not after-tax income.

Of course, I did sell some belongings (such as $1000 worth of Star Trek DVD's - boxsets, boxsets, etc).

Next year, I expect to spend only 5-10% though, since I plan to do no more gear upgrades for a while...

I make money skydiving.

About half of what I make goes to covering the expenses of my own fun dives, boogies, gear, wingsuits etc, and the rest suppliments the income from my "real job."

Wasn't always this way though - just for the past 14 years or so. the 1st 7 were a lot tougher.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

LAST year I was about 50% this year I actually made money. (its wierd to actually have a surplus of that green stuff with the funny faces on it.

I still spent quite a bit this year on gear etc. but not nearly any amount of my yearly income
My photos

My Videos