Evelyn

Veterans Day - Do you get it off?

Just found out a couple days ago that I get Veteran's Day off. Nice surprise, but I'm just gonna hang out at home doing stuff around the house. Which is okay cuz I'll be skydiving Sat. and Sun. so don't mind spending a day doing laundry, house cleaning, etc. when I've got the rest of the weekend to look forward to. So what are you doing for Veteran's Day?

And since this thread is about Veteran's Day, I want to say thank you to all the veterans out there. You're awesome and I support you and appreciate your efforts. Thank you :)

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Thank you to all the Veterans, you've made sure that we can continue to live in a great country!

I get Veterans day off just like every other holiday, I will get a day off, but its not typically the day of the holiday and I work the holiday.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

thank you to all the veterans out there. You're awesome and I support you and appreciate your efforts.

Yes, I agree with Evelyn.....Thanks to all the veterans out there.

I also get the day off.....and have plans to watch old movies & stay in bed all day! Hope the weather will be nice for weekend....so I can go jump.:D
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

Nope, don't get it off. And I am a veteran.[:/]

That sucks that I'm not a veteran and get it off, but you are a veteran and don't :S. Well, I'll be thinkin about you on my day off :)

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

They could not find a way to let us Firemen off for the day. Something about even if we are not there the calls will still come what's up with that lol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Start a 72 in the morning. Gots to be bambulances too, no matter what day, shit still happens. I do plan on taking my partner down to the local Veterans Day parade though.

Much respect

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Yeah, kinda backwards, but I am used to it. I don't think I have had a Veterans Day off since I was in the Army, and I bet a total of 5 people have ever wished me a happy Veterans Day in 10 years. But atleast people reckognize their boss for Bosses Day.:S

I appreciate your thoughts.

We get Holiday pay. They could not find a way to let us Firemen off for the day. Something about even if we are not there the calls will still come:S what's up with that lolB|:P

Same thing with us EMTs brother. I will be at work wait I am doing a 24... I wish I got holiday pay from midningt on, but only for 8 hours... Oh well I am on OT anyway...
I just it dosen't get too windy for my boat at 1530, so I can get home. I think the cafeterria staff should be considered essential... I forgot about the holiday and dodn't bring enough food.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I can take off any day I want, but don't make any money.

I'll work Friday, but spend the money at Elsinore Sunday.

At least for me, it's not so bad because work means being in an airplane. Just have to land in it. Some of my students might freak out if I say: "you did a great job on that approach to the airport and landing. Next time, I'll just get out overhead and watch your landing from the ground."

Blue Skies!

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

For Veterans Day, I will be brewing :D

I'm gonna make a California Steam Beer using my base malt plus some crystal malt and some malted rye, just to give it a crisp dry flavor. And San Francisco White Labs Lager Yeast. Oh yeah, and some Northern Brewer Hops.B|

I'm hoping it should taste something like an Anchor Steam, but perhaps with a bit more dryness & more subtlety to the hops. Should go well with Asian or Mexican food.
B|
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

ccowden- thank you!

all other veterans- thank you!

and no I don't get the day off work, same as the firefighters and emt's; people in mississippi would be pretty upset if all of the gulf coast disaster workers just picked up and went home for the day. 7-7/7 days a week :S

"me you alcohol a rig a car and a bunch of planes what could posibly go wrong" - Pruitt

Thank YOU! :)
It is not that I expect everyone to shower me with gifts or anything special, it is just kinda sad that this country has a day to recognize military veterans and most people don't even really know what the day is for, let alone actually recognize the veterans they know or don't know.

As a veteran, I watch all these businesses close today and people get the day off, and I haven't seen ONE recognition, by anyone today, of military veterans. Makes me sad.