NWFlyer

Weekend Numbers December 10-11 2005

Formula is Humps (or some other significant number): Jumps: Beer Owed

41:0:0

No jumping for me this weekend but...

41 points that I got to watch JJ Redick put in during the Duke/Texas game at the Meadowlands this weekend. The first time seeing my Blue Devils in person in over 5 years... #1 vs. #2 and #1 blows out #2. I would have preferred a bit more of a nailbiter, but watching a performance like that was pretty awesome.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

41 points that I got to watch JJ Redick put in during the Duke/Texas game at the Meadowlands this weekend. The first time seeing my Blue Devils in person in over 5 years... #1 vs. #2 and #1 blows out #2. I would have preferred a bit more of a nailbiter, but watching a performance like that was pretty awesome.

i hate you.

edit: before i get hounded for this, i don't ACTUALLY hate you. i don't even know you. i'm just A) jealous that i wasn't there, and B) a Texas fan, and therefore burned by the whole thing

i hate you.

edit: before i get hounded for this, i don't ACTUALLY hate you. i don't even know you. i'm just A) jealous that i wasn't there, and B) a Texas fan, and therefore burned by the whole thing

It's okay. Being a Duke fan is kind of like being a Yankees fan. I'm used to the hate. I'll refrain from mentioning how good my seats were, then. ;)

Now, back to our regularly-scheduled weekend numbers.

0:1:0

First out-landing too *sigh* :(

So much for those accuracy jumps i'm working on...

Which means your numbers should be 0:1:1. Remember, every time you use the F word ("first") you owe beer. ;)

And good job on surviving an out landing. The desire to "get back" has gotten a lot of skydivers in trouble; being able to assess your landing situation, recognize when getting back is not a safe option, pick an alternate landing area, and land safely is an important skill to build. Of course, you may be able to learn from what might have prevented you getting into that situation in the first place, but give yourself credit for handling it safely as well.

I almost had to throw up a little bit just now. Duke?? WHY? Did you go there or something? I'm pretty sure my school's official motto was "Fuck Duke." Well during basketball season anyway. Actually they had to change some school rules to stop people from wearing fuck duke t-shirts to basketball games. And ESPN really didn't appreciate the fuck duke chants on live TV.

Anyway... 2 jumps and nothing else exciting enough to deserve the proper format. :)
Dave

0:1:0

First out-landing too *sigh* :(

So much for those accuracy jumps i'm working on...

Which means your numbers should be 0:1:1. Remember, every time you use the F word ("first") you owe beer. ;)

And good job on surviving an out landing. The desire to "get back" has gotten a lot of skydivers in trouble; being able to assess your landing situation, recognize when getting back is not a safe option, pick an alternate landing area, and land safely is an important skill to build. Of course, you may be able to learn from what might have prevented you getting into that situation in the first place, but give yourself credit for handling it safely as well.

Good point... There was more than one expletive being uttered I can assure you ;)

I opened higher than I was planning due to my lack of trust in the altimeter I had recently acquired (better safe than sorry though I figure). Add to that we had really strong uppers, and I took a few seconds too long to check my airspace and turn into wind. Once i did turn into wind I realised i wasn't going to get back, identified my possible outs, cleared the freeway using my front risers, avoided the barbed wire fences and gully and touched down beautifully.

I learnt alot (again), and though I was pissed off at myself for a combination of things, I was safe and I knew things I could change to avoid what happened.

B|:1:0

Sitfly jump. Pal Matthew shot video so we could critique it. Ok, so I have a lot to work on ! :P

A crummy note when I got down, though. As I started packing, I noticed a number of holes and weakened spots in the top three cells of the canopy. The conjecture is that battery acid from a leak last weekend may have permeated the carpet where I packed that weekend. So, canopy goes back to PD for surgery.

On the bright side, I immediately got two offers of canopies to use from folks in the club. That was so great! I had just told someone this week about how cool it was that skydivers sort of look after each other...

shall
B|

Cute tattoo. I was hoping for a tiny "TM" on the side of your left boob. :P

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

No! Duke is EVIL! They must die!!!!

:)

I was hoping for a tiny "TM" on the side of your left boob. :P

Is she a tandem master ?? :D

0 ; 2 ; 0
not THAT cold, but frickin turbulent... Had my worse ever cell closures (besides paragliding)... But wondered how could it happen on a 1.7 loaded Crossfire2... Enough snow to not get hurt though...:|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

>:(:0:>:(

Looking at all these wonderfull tall buildings around me, wondering if Tom A. does an internet FBJ crash course over the internet...:|

PS: Beth, very cool tat!

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."