BillyVance

What's the longest flight you've ever taken?

Tampa--LAX--Taipei--Singapore--Sydney

That online calculator says that's 19,940 miles. Could that be right?? :o

I jut measured it out on google earth and got 14,881

and ya LA to Taipei is about 6800 miles thats a long fucking flight!! But LA to Sydney is 7500:o
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Sydney to London through Los Angeles...8 hour layover to do laundry and stuff. Total was about 25 hours plus layover. That little doohikie says it's about 13,000 miles.

Did SFO to SYD, then the SYD to LHR a week later, then LHR to SFO 4 days later.

Total was about 225k in 2005.

-S

Between nov 5th & dec 14th I did 19,556 mile by air & a couple of bus & train trip too.. the itinerary was San Fran-bahama's-dc-nyc-boston-dublin-eindhoven-amsterdam-dublin-lax-auckland... taking 6 weeks to do 20000 is the way to do it.
the most painful journey was Brisbane - Seoul - nyc - orlando, 12,606 miles, 26 hours & many degrees of sanity lost.

It once took 22 hrs to get from Dublin to Orlando (direct flight just about 7 hrs) but if ya fly through the mid west in dec ya get snowed in :) all for the sake of saving a few bucks!

Happy flying !

Memphis - ATL- NYC - Istanbul - Baku, Azerbaijan - Kabul, Afghanistan with a 4 hour layover in Baku where we were not allowed to leave the airplane. about 21 hours total.
OR
Memphis- Phoenix - LAX - Hong Kong - Bangkok - Phnom Penh, Cambodia. that one was about 28 hours including the layovers.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

I remember flying from CA to HI in a Pan Am "Clipper" when I was a kid. I don't know how long it was, but seemed like days. Before jets. I got to go up to the cockpit, and they were navigating with a sextant. :S
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

65 hours total travel time (Pittsburgh, PA to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia), 10910 miles one way.

Plane was delayed about 14 hours due to a snowstorm in Japan, then it broke down after we boarded it. I slept for six hours on the plane only to wake up and find out we were still on the runway.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I can't beat that for total travel time (though one time when I got trapped in LAX for 14 hours mid-journey I came close).

But on Friday I will get on a plane from London to Melbourne for a wedding... 24.5 hours total flight time.

Arse!
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

It all depends on whether there's a hugely-obese person sitting next to me. That can make a flight seem a whole lot longer.
:P

Or a really cranky baby one row up that needs diaper changing and the damn parents do it right there. >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah, but you'll be stopping in Dubai/Singapore/Bangkok/KL/HK for a while... it won't be too bad. Just stay off the booxe and you'll be all right.

For the record, some of the longer flights I've done:
SYD->LAX
LHR->SIN
LHR->BKK->SYD
LAX->PHL->SNN
LHR->NRT
IRT->ICN->SYD

None under twelve hours.

Two really long flights were San Fran to Sydney and Chicago to Bejing.

Upgrades to business class really pay dividends on those flights.

Beautiful Landings!

Streaker

You forgot to mention that on the way home from Sydney, we hit a snowstorm in Chicago that delayed us nearly 24 hours. I think I spent something like 50 hours in the same underwear, YUK!!
As I recall, we were in summer clothes in the snowstorm.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]