littlejohn

appreitation of the packers

I buy mine beer at the end of the day.....every day I jump.

And if I didnt have any hard openings, I usually throw in a little extra cash too.

Take care of them and they will ALWAYS take care of you, and I still havent had a reserve ride. :)
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

When I need one I appreciate it very much, but they are very well paid. $6 for 7 minutes work roughly translates to $51 per hour tax free....

I think they should be appreciated, but should appreciate their jobs also. I've done it and it is hard work, but you are paid well for it.

Mark Klingelhoefer

I very much appreciate my packer and it goes both ways. He also appreciates my business. There are many things that I do to make sure my packer is taken care of. If you're a packer, I'm the customer YOU want.

First, I stow my brakes, un-collapse the slider, and cock the pilot chute. I replace any broken locking and line stows, so when he gets to it, he's just got to pack.

Over the course of the day I'll bring him a Red Bull or two and at the end of the day, beer. I always tip well too.

In return, he makes sure I've always got a rig ready for every load. I always make the back to back to back to back's. He never lets me down. He doesn't fret on the occasion when I don't get to the slider or pilot chute because I drop the rig and grab the other on the way through the packing room.

He knows he has my loyalty. I won't drop my rig to another packer just because he's busy at the moment. I know, when I get down I'll have a rig ready because of the same type of loyalty.

Some say, if you do all the things I do, why hire a packer. I think it's worth taking care of the packer so he'll take care of you. When it's busy with a hundred rigs on the ground, I always know mine will be ready on time.

When it's busy I'll make 12-15 jumps a day, and....oh by the way....if you pack for me you probably pack for my wife too who made the same loads.

Now, who doesn't want to be my packer??....Sorry, position currently filled.B|
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Nathan,

I love packing for folks like you.

Even if I'm sick of packing and just want to stop, when I have someone who treats me that well, I go out of my way to help them out.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Most of my regular customers are awesome to me. They generally tip me very well at the end of the day, buy me water or gatorade. But i'm also good to them. I'll adjust break lines when asked, sort out step thrus, actually pick out corn stalks if they have some in the canopy. It goes both ways and i'm lucky to have the customers i do.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

appreciate packers?

you're all a buncha pot-smokin, ecstacy droppin, sandal wearin, tree-bark eatin, eyebrow piercin, bead stringin, till noon sleepin, cigarette stealin, rubber-band flickin, techno playin, bongo beatin, tip whorin, pinko commie hippie-freaks.

if monkeys didn't fling poo, you would all be out of a job in a new york minute.

pulling is cool. keep it in the skin

my god, what a fucking whine fest,
oh no, nobody apreciates me!
well maybe if you took a shower and turned down that goddamn trance shit you listen to all the time

packing is the realworld equivalent to the guy who mops the spooge off the walls in the peep show rooms in the middle of cracktown.

fucking derelicts.

you're all a buncha pot-smokin, ecstacy droppin, sandal wearin, tree-bark eatin, eyebrow piercin, bead stringin, till noon sleepin, cigarette stealin, rubber-band flickin, techno playin, bongo beatin, tip whorin, pinko commie hippie-freaks.

Wow...packers have all the fun!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I bought a 20 dollar pack job the other weekend. :)
I don't ever use packers, I just wanted to jump with my poor broke friend.

How's that for packer appreciation?

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I buy mine beer at the end of the day.....every day I jump.

And if I didnt have any hard openings, I usually throw in a little extra cash too.

Take care of them and they will ALWAYS take care of you, and I still havent had a reserve ride. :)

You are my favorite kind of customer, you can keep your money if you buy me beer. :ph34r::ph34r: unless its close to the end of the month, thats when i need to eat[:/][:/]

I bought a 20 dollar pack job the other weekend.
How's that for packer appreciation?

sounds more like extortion to me. monkeys would have gotten your friend on the load for free(even on a short call), and with a couple of trash can lids you wouldn't even have had to deal with the poo flinging. you got ripped off dude.

check out the guy right above my post, bragging about the fact that he has a chop stick in his tongue. do you really want someone who's job is every bit as important as an EMT's to be looking like the reject from the last Jackass audition?

pulling is cool. keep it in the skin