ACMESkydiver

What's your FAVORITE brand of CHOCOLATE?!

I have NO CLUE where the need for this poll came from...but answer it or I'll rip your lips off. :|

Other: I answered Cheetos brand.

Cheetos is required WITH the chocolate.

I voted for some obscure local choclatier, namely Boehm's Chocolates right here in Issaquah where I grew up.

I think I would probably trade my car for their milk chocolate Mt. Rainier's. :|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I used to like anything. Chocolate was chocolate. Then, around Christmas my friend mentioned she worked at Godiva. She said they got an allowance of chocolate they were allowed to take home with them and that she'd give me a bunch to hand out as gifts as all of her family is now sick of chocolate.

Of course I didnt give it all away. I kept a bit for myself and now im spoiled. I went to ate a hersheys bar last week and it tasted gross haha.

Dove is a close second for me, but I have to say Godivas probaby my favorite. Although it's way too expensive for me to ever actually buy;)

*daizey*

Godiva is gooooooood but way too expensive. The gift boxes she had give me were something like $80. I love chocolate, but not that much!

So while I love it, I won't buy it and will instead go for my second favorite-Dove. Dark Chocolate. Yumm.

*daizey*

Sprungli (can't make the umlaut...apologies in advance) for commercial,Jacques Torres for boutique. There's also Maison du Chocolat but the people that work there act like they're the last of the Romonovs. The Big Man and I call the Madison Avenue boutique Maison du Fuckhead.

Not all chocolate is good chocolate. Some of it is crap.

I very much prefer dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate. AMong the best mass produced darks and bittersweets are Ghirardelli. I use nothing but Ghirardelli in my cookies, cakes and otherr things.

A couple of times I got a 5 pound block of Belgian chocolate. It lasted a while, and damn, those Belgians know how to make chocolate (and Belgian beers, WOW).

I typically don't go for Nestle or Hershey's. They dont' do it for me, although I get it often b/c my lady likes it.

Oh, yes. Lindt Chocolate (makers of those wonderful Lindor Truffles) are also quite nice!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The brand is not so important as whether or not it's smooth and dark bittersweet. Or white chocolate, but that's not really chocolate at all.....

The Aztecs used to make a drink of chocolate and chili peppers as an aphrodisiac.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I'll vote "outside of the US", especially since some of your choices are not from the US in the first place.
As for the exact brand, ask lisamariewillbethelittletwirpateallmychocolate.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Lindt is so far my favorite chocolate. You can get it at alot of places. I've seen it at Vons even some Target stores.. Visit http://www.geoserve.com/forms/Lindt.htm to find a store that has it (select All locations with Lindt).

Ghiradelli is very good as well. When I lived in San Francisco it was alot of fun to visit Ghiradelli's. They had the best sundaes.

You didn’t list any of the real good chocolate brands from Switzerland:
Lindt
Suchard
Toblerone
Cailler
Swiss Army Chocolate
And many more.

By the way, Swiss Chocolate is between 12.5 and 14 times better than Belgian Chocolate.
The bad thing of living in the country where the make the best Chocolate in the World is that if you work abroad the chocolate you get there sucks compared to the Swiss chocolate :)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch