unformed

Pine, Oak, Black Walnut, Cherry, or Mahogany?

For quality you can't beat Black walnut... (Its preferred... and my parents house is actually framed with it, btw: it was built in the 19th century so I imagine the builders just used what they had available.)

But at the same time... cherry is a very beautiful wood for furniture.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Pine won't last as long as oak, or black walnut. Cherry is fast becoming over harvested.
In our area, black walnut is becoming scarce. I'd go with Oak, in the interest of saving trees. Also has beautifu grain, very pronounced, and can be stained if you like. Mountain Ash is very similar, and holds stain in much the same way.
Yea, I'm familiar with Koa, and many other woods mentioned before, having been a violin/guitar maker for a couple of decades, but Koa is WAAAAY too expensive, Spruce would be funny. Lots of work, climb up in it, and break right out of the bottom of it.
Good for guitar tops tho..
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

So I guess your girlfriend did become a whore AND you got a gun?

Who? Jaynee?

No - she got the gun . . .

And - Oak is nice and usually less expensive - you can stain it any color you want - (within reason) and after all - with the price of fuel going up - everyone needs more money for jump tickets.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

this is the stand. it's a corner rifle/shotgun stand.

i guess that helps .... i dunno too much about that kind of wood.

Dude, two days ago you posted that your girl was whoring herself out to help pay for rent, and now you have purchased a gun to protect yourself from the "imaginary mafia", and a wood gun cabinet to put it in?

Your are either full of BS and you were making it up all along, or you have serious issues sorting out your priorities...

:P

this is the stand. it's a corner rifle/shotgun stand.

i guess that helps .... i dunno too much about that kind of wood.

Dude, two days ago you posted that your girl was whoring herself out to help pay for rent, and now you have purchased a gun to protect yourself from the "imaginary mafia", and a wood gun cabinet to put it in?

Your are either full of BS and you were making it up all along, or you have serious issues sorting out your priorities...

:P

LoL

Harry Potter movie -

Ron's Voice -

Bwahhahahahaah

...really needs to sort out her priorities.

Stop it - it hurts!!!!!
Bwaahahahahahaha
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun