RkyMtnHigh

How do you cope?

How do you cope with life's events? the good? the bad? the ugly? Do you vent to friend? do you go to a psychologist? counselor? Do you deal with it alone? Take meds? How do you celebrate the good and cope with the not so good?

Well Dear, you know how some of us cope with certain things;););), I think it depends on the person, their strength and what bullshit happens along the way!!!!!!

till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates....
In skydiving, the only thing that stops you is the ground..............
PMS# 472 Muff #3863 TPM#95

I just look at the poor bastard next to me and tell myself things are not that bad. Look at this guy! And when things are good I tell myself I am the greatest! B| Little corny but it works for me in my little weird mind I have.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

You need to accept that in life there is a constant ebb and flow. You are going to have periods where eveything just goes right and even when you fuck up, through dumb luck, you still win. Then there are times when nothing goes right.

For me, the key is that nothing last forever. No matter how bad it is, things will get better.

Hang in there.

B

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Who's to say I actually cope with them... sometimes I think my life is a fiscade, a farce, a joke... an then I share it with all of you... and everyone laughs/pokes fun at it... and then I laugh at it because I realized how stupid my life actually sounds... and I get depressed and then post about it then people laugh at it...

its really a viscous cycle... :D:D:D

Then I skydive and nothing else matters... or I see something beautiful... a friend says something awesome... I go on a good run... etc...B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

What would you do if I sang out tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
I will try not to sing out of key, yeah
Oh, baby I get by with a little help from my friends
By with a little help from my friends.
All I need is my buddies
By with a little help from my friends
I said I'm gonna get by with a little
Whoa oh oh oh oh
Said I don't know if that's what I'm sure do to, baby
Said I'm gonna make it with my friends
Whoa oh I'm gonna keep on trying
Said I'm gonna keep on trying.

:)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

How do you cope with life's events? the good? the bad? the ugly? Do you vent to friend? do you go to a psychologist? counselor? Do you deal with it alone? Take meds? How do you celebrate the good and cope with the not so good?

I used to feel bad because I had no shoes.
Then I met a man who had no feet.
I said to him, "Perhaps you have a pair of shoes you do not need?"

Talk with friends... vent, just let it all out and listen to what they have to say... and if you come out to Clewiston today I'll even share my mezcal with you.. :S
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I used to confide in friends, then I realized that most friends are only your friends during times of good health and happiness. I still have a few people I confide in, however I stopped looking at them as just friends and consider them my family, but I cope now by refusing to allow defeat. I suck it up, smile , and pretend life is just grand. Eventually I get to stop pretending.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I used to confide in friends, then I realized that most friends are only your friends during times of good health and happiness. I still have a few people I confide in, however I stopped looking at them as just friends and consider them my family, but I cope now by refusing to allow defeat. I suck it up, smile , and pretend life is just grand. Eventually I get to stop pretending.

Exactly :)

I usually get really drunk when I am bitter about something. It never solves anything and I pay for it the next day, but it just seems so right at the time. I does help however to drink a few a day when I am going through a stressfull period in my life. Not drunk just 3-6 in the evening to help me get to sleep.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I went through most of my life holding everything inside, and dealing with the problems like a "man". I became friends with someone wonderful over the past two years and we share the good, the bad. and the ugly. A friendship without expectation or reward.

Having someone you can be completely 100% honest with is worth more than all the money in the world.

I'll never go back...

Sounds like you've named several good suggestions. Friends, counseling, and proper use of meds can all be helpful. Dealing with things alone isn't a good idea, though having to face things yourself is unavoidable.

I once knew an older guy at work who was a teenager in wartime Athens, under Nazi occupation. I asked him how he dealt with it. He told me there are some things you don't get to think about, you just deal.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Yesterday . . . I coped by hugging my sister.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun