Big_Lotz

Statistics project that i need everyones help

How about its a stupid school project and he needs some data to look at?

Thank you for hitting the nail on the head with this one, however i do appriciate everyones help and everyones input on this project

You can only appreciate life through death's eyes

1st: 130 jumps. I have no idea why. But I didn't behave as planned. Sat (had been jumping belly reserve until recently), and kept both my ripcords and the hand-held camera I'd taken up on that jump.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My one and only chop (knock on wood) was on my very first skydive, which was a tandem. Not that I haven't come close on several occasions, but I have been really lucky in my 1100 jumps.

Now, there have been some chops that were my pack jobs (most on tandems)...but that is not what you're asking for ;)
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Well, you may be better off looking at Cypres fires rather than cutaways. It's hard to prove a cutaway was caused by "complacency" because when you chop a canopy, there's usually something wrong and you can't always tell why something went wrong. Looking at cypres fires might give you better statistics, because you can compare the rates of injured and unconscious skydivers to those who just lost altitude awareness.

1. jump 117 packing complacency, canopy detonation;
2. jump 212
3. jump 350, hop and pop, body position complacency.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Jump #25. Tension knot resulting from a very hard opening. B| Definitive underlying factor is unclear. It was my first pack job. 'Complacency' would not be a description I'd use for a 1 hour pack job. I wasn't being intentionally sloppy; I lacked experience. I also lacked experience in deployment from freefly speeds. It was my first (a hybrid), and I didn't allow any time to slow for deployment. Break-off, pitch, >BOOM<...instant canopy. :( I have a great video of the whole thing if anyone wants to see it! :)
No broken bones or damage to me on that one, except some stiffness for a few days.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

My first and only was around 750 or so. It was definitely due to complacency (rigging). It's a long story, but the bottom line is I failed to do a thorough line continuity check after attaching my main, resulting in a ride on a 3 day old reserve pack job.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

If you are able to post it, let me know.:)

Alas, only VHS. Camera flyer that got it has it somewhere maybe, and he's more than clever enough to post it, but Tom prolly taped over it for some lame student jump or something! >:( -That was his 600th jump BTW, and he had a slammer, too! :o You can see the camera blanks out for a split-second from opening shock. It was f'n cool, I am not authorized to tell you on a public forum how that vid ended, but it was so damn shweeet! :ph34r:
~Jaye

Ok, am I the only person that read the thread title like a future projection is indicating that this guy is going to need our help? Like he has a genetic heart problem or something that statistics show will kill him if he doesn't get treatment or something?

I read "Statistics pro-ject that i need everyone's help"

Anyhoo, moving on...
~Jaye