ACMESkydiver

Ok I need your ideas ASAP for GFD, please!

Sorry, I don't mean to pour salt in the wound...

It is for a reason. Please give some ideas of a word or phrase (limit to about 15 characters tops) that would mean 'Shannon' to you.

I know we have a lot of funny and crazy ones, but for this purpose, try to keep it semi-tasteful, please. ;)

For me, 'Wild Child' immediately came to mind when I was talking about her. B|

That or 'smiles'

'friendship'

Something like that. Throw out some ideas if you would please just to get the creativity going. I need to move FAST to get this done, so give me your best!!! :)
Edit to add pic: I will be making closing pins similar to these that I made for Josh. I need ideas on what to put on the front. Bob will have the final decision on what goes on the pins, front and back.

Edit again to add: I can't make necklaces, sorry! Those are labor-intensive and the jewelry suppliers are rotten to deal with and honestly it takes a lot outta me to try to get those together. I'll do those for family only as a gift from my heart. :)
I'll get the closing pins marked and place a nickel-plated jump ring on the closing pin so you can hang it off anything you choose. If there's any 'overage' money in the account, it will go to make more pins for Bob to keep or give to friends and family.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'll also need to get an idea of how many to make...I'll have to order the closing pins from Florida and get them rushed over here, then get the metal marker to 'rush' the shipment back to me.

The more I order, the easier it is. Small batches are really tough, the price goes up from the suppliers/engravers, and they give me longer time frames on finished product. [:/]

I was telling Bob I feel safe in saying I could make them for $11 each. That would mean I could make them in batches as small as 20.

Whoever is interested please PM me or make it known here. I have a PayPal account, I'll have to figure out how to use it for this. The last time I did this, I just took checks or cash or deposit straight into a bank account, but it was kinda tough to sort thru...
~Jaye

For you Clay, I'll do it. :P

Or if they have a Bank of America over there, you can just pop on in and deposit into my account. :|

:P

-Just FYI...it's NOT for a necklace. I had bad luck trying to do those last time. The necklace suppliers saw what I was buying, and every time I came in suddenly they would run 'out' of the supplies I had been using, and force me to buy stuff that cost twice as much just to keep my promises to people that had asked me to make them one. >:(

This will be for a closing pin and a jump ring so you can hang it off whatever you choose.
~Jaye

I've yet to have a closing pin necklace simply because I haven't found a good enough reason for me to buy one and/or nobody has given me one yet. ;) So count me in for one. Paypal works, just tell me an address and cost when you figure it all out.

Wild Child sounds the best so far.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Ok, I have it set up. :)
PayPal account is [email protected] and we'll go ahead and set $11 per pin. That will cover it no matter how many come in, and in what time frame (I am trying my DARNDEST to rush these).

That will be a 'metal-marked' closing pin -black fired ceramic on the stainless steel pin- and a jump ring so it will lay flat when you hang it on a necklace, chain, or keychain.

That will also cover me getting it to you somehow, whether that be mail, or bringing it with me to California when I come for the memorial if I can make it.

Any overage in the account will go to make more pins for Bob, as he said he would like to get a bunch.

-Just to let everyone know, the black ceramic will fade a bit with daily wear and time, so be aware. OH and DO NOT use these closing pins in your rig. The fired ceramic is just the tiniest bit raised, and we wouldn't want anything fraying your closing loop prematurely...:| If it does fade, the template will be set down at the metal worker's shop so extras in the future shouldn't take a whole lot to get done.
~Jaye

I have to do my Moderator duties here...are you profiting at all from making these?

Jaye said above "That will also cover me getting it to you somehow, whether that be mail, or bringing it with me to California when I come for the memorial if I can make it.

Any overage in the account will go to make more pins for Bob, as he said he would like to get a bunch."

I'm sure she's probably asleep, but I know she's done these in memory of local Washington jumpers before and has never taken a CENT from it (and in fact, she's probably lost money and not asked anyone to cover the overage).

Just to let everyone know, the black ceramic will fade a bit with daily wear and time, so be aware. OH and DO NOT use these closing pins in your rig. The fired ceramic is just the tiniest bit raised, and we wouldn't want anything fraying your closing loop prematurely... If it does fade, the template will be set down at the metal worker's shop so extras in the future shouldn't take a whole lot to get done.

is there a way to prevent this from happening? like maybe a clear coating of some kind to keep the writing from fading?

There was a couple of threads we made that were similar to eachother a long time ago, and the inside joke that came of it was "conundrum style" and "GFD style". We used to laugh about that all the time. It was an ongoing joke for everything for a while. :):(

"GirlFallDown Style"

Here are some replies that she made in threads using that phrase:

I got Conudrum style holes in my ears and a GFD style tat on my ankle. I feel so boring though. Maybe I should get my tongue pierced or something. I want a huge tat on my lower back but am too much of a chicken to get it.

I like my men GFD style.... ***

I have to do my Moderator duties here...are you profiting at all from making these?

I understand, Andrea.

And it's just what Krisanne said...in doing these in the past, I actually ate a bunch of the cost to make it work, and donated anything that I could afford over the cost of making them to the local search in rescue, in Josh's name, as I promised the family.

As I mentioned above, IF there is overage, it will go to make as many pins as possible to give to Bob to distribute as he sees fit. :)
~Jaye

Just to let everyone know, the black ceramic will fade a bit with daily wear and time, so be aware. OH and DO NOT use these closing pins in your rig. The fired ceramic is just the tiniest bit raised, and we wouldn't want anything fraying your closing loop prematurely... If it does fade, the template will be set down at the metal worker's shop so extras in the future shouldn't take a whole lot to get done.

is there a way to prevent this from happening? like maybe a clear coating of some kind to keep the writing from fading?

Applying clear nail polish is a good idea, but I have not tried it.

I talked with an engraver last year for Josh's project, and if memory serves, her fee was $35 for set-up, then another $20 per pin JUST to have them engraved, before cost of the pins and shipping and tax, etc. [:/] And she said she wasn't sure sure could get her equipment to curve the right way.

And going to a jeweler was over $40 per piece. :(

I even researched buying a machine myself to try to keep cost down, but there was just no way I could front $300 and hope to recoup it, and then I would be hand-marking these things and I honestly didn't think I had the skill. Printing on closing pins is TINY and hard. -Believe me, I researched this whole project pretty thoroughly!

If anyone has any better ideas, shoot! I'm open for suggestions! :)
I'm sorry! I wish I had a better answer, but maybe applying a laquer or clear polish will help! :)
~Jaye

Okay. To anyone who didn't know Shannon, this might sound really fucked up.

Two years ago at Rantoul, I made these. Shannon loved them. She also got a bikini top with the closing pin.

I'm going to make my Shannon pin into a thong. :)

I have extra blank panties and tops. If anyone wants one, just let me know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!