guppie01

Vibes for Livendive

Sigh... so sorry to hear that, Dave. Thinking of you. [:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

A quick update.... Grandma is still fighting. Her heart rate and BP are up and she is occasionally trying to breathe on her own.

Thank you all for opening your hearts especially at a time when so many of us are maxed emotionally.

You all ROCK!!!!

Much love.

xoxo g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

It is with deep sorrow that I must post Grandma passed away last night.

It is with light that I say she was surrounded by her families love and she passed peacefully.

My sympathies Dave.

Much love to you all!
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

What a blessing to pass away surrounded by those who you loved and who have loved you. She is peaceful, serene, and happy now, and soon that peace will come to those she left behind.

Until that time comes, rest easy knowing that you gave her the most important gift; and that is love. Love never ending, love ceaseless, love pure and perfect.

I am deeply sorry for your loss...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Yesterday morning I had to participate in the toughest conversation I've ever been a part of. Luckily we were unanimous (5-0) in our decision to stop her pain. At noon we extubated her and removed all needles, save one to deliver morphine. She had only been intubated for about 20 hours, so her vocal cords weren't too stretched and she was able to speak. Despite ICU rules of 2 visitors at a time, we packed 10+ in there, and almost every family member within driving distance got to see her. We brought a stereo into the room and had Tommy Dorsey and Glenn Miller cranking while the kids started confessing the childhood sins they'd gotten away with. We told lots of stories yesterday, and the laughter in the room drowned out the crying. We gradually increased the morphine to keep her comfortable, and the crowd dwindled down to myself and three of her children. As it became apparent that the time was rapidly approaching, we crowded around and held her, and took turns at her good ear, thanking her for the love, happiness, and life that she gave us. I was the last in line, and stroked her hair as I spoke. Seconds after I finished saying what I needed to, she let go, in our arms.

Like most, if not all of us, I loved my Grandma an awful lot. She was a classy lady and a seriously cool chick. She had a good life, and about as good a death as possible...painless and surrounded by love.

Thanks Gia, and everyone else, for your thoughts. They were much appreciated.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)