dgskydive

Anyone else ever.......

The story sucks....trying to re-write the book now!!!

isn't that kind of what life is... editing, revising, changing the characters, the setting... etc... writing the book...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

At age fifty ? Oh God, you have no idea....

Hey, WTF is up at Aerodyne anyway ? Skydiving Magazine had a pretty informative article about it, anything you care to/are able to add ?? Are you guys actually building anything these days ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Realise?? Not really. Be so consumed with myself that it appears this way?? Absolutely!!

I've allowed myself the bittersweet luxury of this type of futile thinking far too much in my life, and I continue to struggle with this. It's only a waste if I don't learn from it!!

Carpe Diem my friend, to do otherwise is unacceptably expensive!!

So what? You've got two choices now. Dwell on the past or live for the future.

Dwelling on the past does you no good. Start making your life what you want it to be.

Start being the person you want to be.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Honestly, Am only thinking about the past, not really dwelling on it.

What the near future holds in store means more to me then I ever thought it could.

I just have a fear that my past has cost me so much more the I can put into words.

I am really looking to the future, it is the only place I can truely look.

I just pray to God that the future I want has not been messed up so bad by my past actions, that it won't happen.

I hope that the things I am looking forward to will come true.

I need the person I want to be to not "be" to late.
Dom

Fair enough. I suppose I should caveat my statement by saying if there is stuff from your past that you haven't adequately dealt with, you gotta deal with it so you have the tools you need to change going forward.

But I also think people sometimes wait too long to make a "big change" when sometimes they can make a big change by making a lot of small changes and stringing them together. Sometimes you just start acting like the person you want to be ... fake it till you make it.

I suppose I should caveat my statement by saying if there is stuff from your past that you haven't adequately dealt with, you gotta deal with it so you have the tools you need to change going forward

That is a hard one. Trying really hard at some of those issues. Some I know I have "licked"....others are gonna take some time.

To much at one time is not a problem. I just handled them wrong and it is costing me. Nothing I can do but try to move forward from that. At least I know I did them for the right reason.
Dom

Dom, get out of the pity-pool dude:ph34r::ph34r:
Trust me when I say that you haven't wasted any of your life.
You are the sum total of your previous experience, everything that has gone before has played a role in developing who you are today, if you have a life to look forward to (i.e. if you're still breathing), then you have not wasted anything.
When you are about to take your last breath you may (probably not) be able to look back on your life and gauge it's value (or worth).

BTW I'm an athiest so I'm not speaking from a god bothering point of view.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You can't change the past, only learn from it.

Focus more on what you're doing today and being happy today and tomorrow.

Reflecting too long on the "wasted time" will only sadden you and prohibit your happiness TODAY.

:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Dom,
I don't know anything about your past...all I know is the great guy I've met and respect. Hell for all I know you may have been an axe murderer but I don't see that now...what I see is one helluva good guy that I'm proud of having met.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

To answer your question for me:

Nope;)

I find that if a lesson needs to be learned, I learn it in the immediate aftermath and then don't worry about it again. It's the past. And I'll only be "wasting" the present if I continue to dwell on it.

One must learn to find happiness with what they have & where they are right now before one can strive to be anything more. There are a ton of things I'm still striving to accomplish, do, see---but if I die today it is safe to say I'd be satisfied with my life thus far and grateful for the things I've already accomplished, done & saw.

:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Sometimes I feel this way. Then I realize that without what I did in my past I would not be who I am today. I think I've done some pretty cool stuff that I am proud of. I do at times think I could have done things differently but then would I be who I am today? I think I've come out alright and learned a ton in the process. As long as I learn and improve who I am, I'm okay w. the mistakes I made that have shaped me into the person I am today.

You should be very proud of the changes you've made. You can only move in the right direction and learn from the past. Sounds like you're doing all of that ;) Keep your head up!

Edited to add: Just recently have I been able to think like that and tell myself that. I have Ari to thank as he has helped me in so many ways w. changing how I think and feel about myself.

Don't be too hard on yourself Dom, you can only do what feels right at that moment and what that is now, wasn't what it was a while ago. Go w. the flow.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

but did throw away some moments that would have meant the world.....

Or cost you things that are so important that you didnt realize how important until it may be to late

O yeah ... I'm up that alley for quite some weeks now and it only seems to get worse while sitting at home alone and trying to do some studying [:/]

I know everybody who's saying to not dwell on the past is absolutely right, but I just can't set my mind to that at the moment. Gosh, I wish I could think positive, but now I'm really feeling this: I wish I could turn back time ! I know that sounds weak ... :|

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)

I have not wasted my life; however, I have mis-spent a lot of it. There are definitely things that could have been done better and unfortunately, most of those things I can't get back. I just try to move forward and not make the same mistakes. :)

I have not wasted my life; however, I have mis-spent a lot of it. There are definitely things that could have been done better and unfortunately, most of those things I can't get back. I just try to move forward and not make the same mistakes. :)

What she said.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)