weegegirl

Memorial Jump for GFD

I took quite a few shots of Shannon's Dirt Dive... These seemed like the best ones. I also added the shots I took in my moment of silence out in the landing area as the plane was climbing. The sky was beautiful.

ACMESkydiver
Amazon
avgjoe
Chopchop
Deuce
Gareth
Gravity Girl
Mathias
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Roysplaything
Sandy
skybytch
SkydiveXXL
Sunshine
Turtle
Elisha
vdschoor
Thanatos340 (Early Morning Only)

I will be there for any Early Morning Jumps but have to leave before Noon to catch my Flight Home.
:(

I should be there
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Just got home from Hollister. Had an incredible sunset tracking dive for Shannon. The sunset was a beautiful reddish pink. Absolutely gorgeous. The entire King Air went on the dive. We wore the pink boas during the dive. Some wore them around the neck or as streamers from their feet or hands. It was slow enough that even I could keep up with it. The previous load waited at the landing area and had celebratory beer waiting on our landing. A nice way to celebrate the joy that Shannon brought to our jumping community.

I've attached a few shots I had taken. More to follow from the camera fliers on the load.

Great pics! Looks like you all had a beautiful jump!

Awesome shot of the moon Lany....

I didn't go to the DZ this weekend, but I did toast Shannon on the beach Saturday at sunset.

The sunset was a magnificent pink (Shannon style), I sat listening to the waves crash on the beach, and the rattle of pebbles as the water receded. I was a bit mesmerized at it all, and thought to myself what a shame that Shannon will not have moments like this... Then I thought to myself - SILLY - she is a part of every bit of it now. She is the beauty that surrounds us, not only in our memories, but everything around us that should be cherished.

We live in her afterglow...

love ya girl, g

attached a few pics from our hike.

Amazon, thanks for the DD sweetie - sorry I missed it!
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Thank you .... as for the sky ones, I brightened them up a bit so you could see more of what I saw.. I didn't know they were so dark, my flash must not have worked.... the pink was very beautiful here as well. The moon was just surreal, the shot was lucky.

Guest 1010

ACMESkydiver
Amazon
avgjoe
Chopchop
Deuce
Elisha
Gareth
Gravity Girl
Mathias
McBeth
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Roysplaything
Sandy
skybytch
SkydiveXXL
Sunshine
TallGuy
Thanatos340 (Early Morning Only)
Turtle
vdschoor

yeah, I know, I confuse easily :o ... won't be there but I'll be thinking of you guys ... Blues

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Here are the ground photos taken right after the Memorial Jump at Skydive Atlanta.

Group1:
Top Row - Travis (skyedivr), Andy (Popsjumper), J (Thanatos340), YardHippy, Dave Kraney
Bottom Row - Ian (ntacfreefly), Katie (mindway69), Brie (brierebecca), Derek Thomas, Scotty and Tami Carbone (Carbonezone), Chris Spence (CSpenceFly)

Group 2 is the same group with the sunset.

Salute is a Salute to our Fallen Friend.
Fly Free my Friend. You will be so very missed.

Photos taken by Tara (avalonwings)

Edit to add: Kele01 was on the jump as well but doesnt like her picture taken so she landed off the DZ.:P

Back to the ORIGINAL question...

:|

1. Show up Sunday.

2. Jump

3.:P

I should be there (early) 2ish.

dude.. 2-ish.. is "just in time for sunset load.. "

Early is 8 AM!

haha..

The plan is be there, and we'll git-r-done.. we'll have a nice fun filled day in Shannon's honor.

Sorry I missed Shannon's memorial tracking dive at Hollister. She was good people and I enjoyed jumping with her.
It was good to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in a long time in this photo...http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=65236;
I hope to be back home in two months, so don't anyone get hurt in the meantime.
See you soon.
-Rob (aka Major Wooldridge, still stuck in Kuwait)
http://robwooldridge.blogspot.com/